It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

american tax payers might be interested in this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Here is a secret you are not supposed to know. The income tax is just a scam imposed under color of law. According to the Tax Code, most Americans owe nothing. Only foreign earned income is actually taxable for citizens. And, because the income tax has been codified, only a computer, and the Code, is needed to prove what is taxed, and what is excluded.

so says the website whatistaxed.com...

so, as you are reading this online, you can download the tax codes or use the online search and then find out exactly what is and isn't taxable.

so, if it is provable that you are being taxed illegally (by using their own information) then can there be a class action suit for fraud?

aren't computers a wonderful tool?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
sadly this isnt true according to the 16th amendment..

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration"

i wish it were true, but the "from whatever source derived" part they could interpret that as finding a quarter in a payphone if they wanted.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

not all the states legally ratified the 16th amendment though.

more info here
here
and admitted by a senator that it was not ratified here

if you haven't done so already, watch the late arron russo's highly illuminating film 'freedom to fascism' in which he tries to find out the truth about american income tax.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
thanks for the links. good read.

heres what i found regarding this..

Another argument made by some tax protesters is that because the United States Congress did not pass an official proclamation recognizing Ohio's 1803 admission to statehood until 1953 (see Ohio Constitution), Ohio was not a state until 1953 and therefore the Sixteenth Amendment was not properly ratified. The earliest reported court case where this argument was raised appears to be Ivey v. United States,[14] some sixty-three years after the ratification. This argument also has been uniformly rejected by the courts. See, for example, Knoblauch v. Commissioner.[15]

The argument that the Sixteenth Amendment was not ratified and variations of this argument have been officially identified as legally frivolous Federal tax return positions for purposes of the $5,000 frivolous tax return penalty imposed under Internal Revenue Code section 6702(a).

Benson was unsuccessful with his Sixteenth Amendment argument when he had his own legal problems. He was prosecuted for tax evasion and willful failure to file tax returns. The court rejected his Sixteenth Amendment "non-ratification" argument in United States v. Benson.[5] William J. Benson was convicted of tax evasion and willful failure to file tax returns in connection with over $100,000 of unreported income, and his conviction was upheld on appeal. He was sentenced to four years in prison and five years of probation.

from here..
en.wikipedia.org...

this has always been an interesting topic for me, and yes i have seen freedom to fascism, one of many good videos. What i dont get is if those states in question really didnt ratify the amendment and Knox wrongly said they did, why wouldnt they speak up? Congressmen have to pay taxes as well, so werent they imposing a tax upon themselves? as well as the rest of the people.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid
sadly this isnt true according to the 16th amendment..

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration"

i wish it were true, but the "from whatever source derived" part they could interpret that as finding a quarter in a payphone if they wanted.

You bolded the wrong thing there buddy.

You should have bolded the word: INCOME.

Yeah, I know we have all been conditioned to think that INCOME is the money we make for working. It is not the case however, look at the IRS codes and how they define their terms. It's great stuff. A real eye-opener.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by benign.psychosis look at the IRS codes and how they define their terms. It's great stuff. A real eye-opener.

ahh - that reminds me... thanks

that's what this thread was about in the first place. there are many other threads here about the legality of defined income tax. this one was about the tax codes themselves

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
aren't computers a wonderful tool?

No, I'm probably the only A+ comptia technician who freakin hates computers, or all technology. Damn them to hell.

About the site, good topic. Did not realize this myself. When I was making 1.3k a month, I was getting taxed like crazy, I would been pulling close to 2k a month. GOV ARE ROBBERS

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I dont recall the case specifically but the US Supreme Court did rule that the 16th amendment didnt grant the govt any new powers of taxation. And therefore if the govt didnt have the power to tax my labor BEFORE the 16th amendment (they didnt) they certainly dont have that power now.

My personal labor is something I am allowed to trade in exchange for money if I so choose. The money or goods I receive for my labor isnt INCOME according to our founding fathers and the constitution.

What really surprises me is that many folks I run across who agree that perhaps a tax on their paycheck isnt legal still feel it is a necessary evil. Those taxes of course pay for civic services like the military, roads, schools, etc...............

WRONG

property taxes pay for schools
corporate taxes pay for military
gas tax pays for roads

100% of all income tax collected goes to pay the debt owed to the Federal Reserve. In essence we send our money to the rockefellers, rothchilds, etc who own the fed. This is completely ridiculous when our own govt can and legally is required to print the money INTEREST-FREE. Take away the fed and we have no need to pay a federal income tax at all. Dont believe me, google the Grace Commission report.

I find that people will get angry when they learn that little interesting fact. Inform your friends that not only is the tax they pay illegal but the money doesnt pay for a dam thing. Get enough folks to realize this and maybe just maybe we can get something done about this travesty.

Of course this will all be a moot point if the North American Union comes into power. With a corporate voice in that govt you can bet the tax "loophole" will be closed

[edit on 4-10-2007 by admriker444]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
i like this thread..
let me ask you guys this, those of you that say the income tax is illegal, do you currently not pay it?(be honest) are you prepared with all this info to go to court and battle the US government and its team of corrupt super-lawers and potentially get thrown in prison for tax evasion? Even if the tax is illegal they seem to have no problems throwing people in jail. Seems kinda strange they can enforce and punish for a law that doesnt exist (apparently)
Whats gonna happen if droves of people stop paying income taxes? they will set examples and impose stricter punishment...
YOU WILL COMPLY seems to be their motto. if they want your money they are going to get it one way or another.
im like anybody else and dont want to pay income taxes but the deck is stacked in their favor, and the federal reserve clowns know this.

"give me control of a nations money supply and i care not who makes its laws"
-Mayer Amschel Rothschild

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Im no fool. I know the deck is stacked against me so I pay my taxes. Im not about to go to prison over this.

Especially considering most americans will ignorantly think I belong there. Theyve never heard of the Grace Commission. None are aware that the Federal Reserve is a privately owned bank.

Im not going to sacrifice myself for a bunch of idiots who deserve to be slaves of this system.

Make no mistake, Im ready when things get worse. I can live off the grid if necessary.

new topics

top topics

join