It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I rented Hell House!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Hello, everyone,
Finally got the nerve to post this story. It is a true story that happened to me and some other people who will be given fictitious names. I just did get the nerve to post this story on my brother, Truspiritstar's website. His site is new, so it gave me a chance to warm up a little before posting here. I probably won't get to finish the whole story tonight, but will mostly copy and paste.
Hope this story scares you as badly as it did me! BOO!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I was still very young, barely out of my teens, but already on my second marriage. My husband was TDY in Calif., so I had returned to the east coast to stay with my older sister, Laura. She had just rented a rather elaborate old house that was very charming. It was filled with priceless antique furniture. It lacked for nothing. All we had to do was grab a few personal belongings and move right in! There was however a rule that went with the cheap rent; there was a locked room inside the house that we were not to have access to. Who cared!?? With the sprawling lawns and mansion-like porch columns, we were in seventh heaven.
A few days later, I ran into an old school acquaintance and invited her over. You guessed it! She wanted to move in, AND bring her 2-yr old daughter. Why not? We had plenty of room, and lo and behold, the place already supplied a baby bed. Next it was time to party! Our favorite place was just over the state line. An 18 mile drive. So, at night's end we had gathered a small group of friends to bring back and continue the party. I never was one for drinking, but I did love to dance.
One of the guys said that the house gave him the creeps. My sis and I were offended. But then someone started telling spooky stories. Just to back up for a moment. Some of the neighbors there had been trying to tell us that the place was haunted, but we didn't believe it for a minute! We loved our place! We thought it to be a conspiracy to get rid of us, so they could get it! We were ten foot tall and bullet-proof. And we just didn't believe in such.
Anyway, my friend Kay had a Ouija board. I had never seen one. So we all began to play with it. Suddenly, every light in the house went out. Everyone was accounted for. No storms. But we just shook it off as one of those things, and went back to playing. We never got the palette to move on it's own. But, then a large shadow fell across the board as if something was standing between the street light in the backyard and the window. But it wasn't. Well we blew that off too. Then we decided to break into the locked room in the house. We figured we could be careful and no one would be wiser. Man, at the locks on that door! We finally got them all off and the lights went out again. Before I go any further, I've left something out again. My sis had been having very realistic dreams since we had moved there. They entailed a soldier in a world war II uniform coming to her every night and making love to her. This will make sense in a moment. When we got in the room and the lights came back on, we saw that there was really nothing in there that would cause anyone to lock it up so tightly.
There was a single iron cot, with dozens of funeral wreaths. There was an old family bible on the mantle with a pair of granny glasses. The kind that John Lennon made famous. And a window fan. My sis grabbed the fan for her room, and my friend Jerry grabbed the glasses and the bible to carry in the other room.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
With all due respect, while that is a very interesting read and I have no reason to doubt you, it doesn't really belong in this thread. Great story though!

Thanks for sharing.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Artreyus]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
We heard my friend Kay's little girl crying from her room. She was saying, "Mommy, I don't want to sleep in here. I keep hearing a baby screaming and crying. But it's dead!" Whew! We figured that the kid must have heard us telling ghost stories earlier and somehow it had gotten into her dreams. So, Kay decided to go to bed with her, and it was decided that the guys would sleep in the den, and me and sis would sleep in her room. We hadn't much more than laid down when all of a sudden, the most awful calamity broke loose. It was as if everyone hit the floor and the light switches at the same time. There were clothes hangers literally flying through the air, non stop. I was more prone to think that one of the guys was doing it trying to scare us. But the problem was; they were huddled in the den, screaming also. Suddenly, the phenomena just stopped. So, we all went back to bed.
The next thing we heard after we were nearly asleep again...was Jerry. He had decided to stay awake a little while and read the bible that he had taken from the room; with the old granny spectacles on his face. He fell asleep reading, and had a very traumatic experience.
We could hear his screams from our rooms. By the time we got to the den, we could see him in a partially raised position on the couch, and with a mighty bellow and toss, it was as if he flung something off him. In pretty much the same motion, he also ripped the glasses from his face. When he got himself off the couch, he was out the front door and gone. We never saw or heard from him again. He didn't bother waiting for a ride from the guy he came with. And by this time, his friend really didn't want to leave us there until he knew what was going on. AND he had a BIG crush on my sis. So, he stayed.
By this time we were far from sleepy anymore and had regathered in the den. My sis was a neat-nik and began picking up bits of newspaper clippings from the floor, where they had fallen, when Jerry flung the bible and glasses from himself. She began reading through the old yellowed-with-age bits of paper. We couldn't help but notice that her eyes were as big as saucers and she had gone pale. Of course Kay and I screamed out, "What!?" in unison. She just handed over the clippings. Kay and I could hardly believe it either as we read one unbelievable article after the other.
The first was about an obituary on an infant that died of pneumonia at this address. Somehow Kay's daughter had picked up on that. Then, there was the the article with the picture of a soldier in a world war II uniform. He was murdered at this address. We both looked at Laura as if to ask, "Was this him?" But we knew.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Artreyus

I thought I was under the paranormal. But something goofy happened, when I first tried to post, it hit an error msg, deleted everything I had written, then made me start over. I assumed I was still in the proper category. Where am I?
Would some please play the theme from the twilight zone?

[edit on 10/2/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hee hee you're in the Aliens and UFO thread. I wouldn't have seen this otherwise, so thanks for the post!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Artreyus

Oh well, I've had those experiences too,
so maybe I'll tie it all together at the end!
:This is not by any means the end of the story. It does go on. If the mods want to move it, it's ok. Or I can tie it in with alien experiences. Probably better to move it.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Days after I bought my house my ex fiance and I returned from a walk to see a woman in a white gown on the second floor landing window. She tripped, I tried to explain it away as a passing car reflection. Didn't work for her or me either.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Oh man! You would do that! Just when I thought
I could sleep with the lights off.
Does anyone want to hear the rest of the story?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
sure if you will post it. im interested in finding out where it is going. sounds like a good story.. im gonna keep saying the same things diffrent ways so this post isnt a one liner..

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Thank you Mr. Gribble,
this story happend closer to you, than you might think.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
hello, just got the word I was moved here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
When Laura came out of her state of shock, the first thing she did was to grab up all the items that were taken from the room and put them back. Then with the help from our friend from SC., we replaced all the locks on the door. My sis really believed that this would take care of all the calamity that was unleashed upon us. She even took the time to whisper an apology through the door and tell 'IT' that if 'IT' would leave us alone, she would make sure that 'It' was left in peace.
But we were soon to find that certain spirits were not bargain-keepers!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Actually the thread and URL remains the same, to prevent any confusion.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
We girls, and the baby rode into the neighboring town of Gastonia, the next day to replenish supplies. Somehow, things looked so much better in the light of day. Our spirits were up, We were singing along with the songs on the radio at the tops of our lungs and having a blast! It was wonderful being young and carefree! On the way home, we stopped for gas at a station near our house. An elderly man with a limp came out to fill our car. He peered through the glass at us for a few seconds, then remarked, "Guess you them gals that moved in the old Rutledge place up on the hill?"
We agreed. In a town this small, we stuck out like sore thumbs. He went on, "Guess you girls know that old place is haunted. But aint none of my business if you want to live in a haunted house." We paid for the gas and left. Last night's events were a distant memory and we did not appreciate him saying that in front of Kay's little girl!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I will take this opportunity to stretch my legs and pour some coffee.
This would be a good time, if any of you have questions, or want to
post anything, you may.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ok, since there are no questions,
I will continue. Although I will
not write very much more
at this sitting. It is a pretty long story.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
geeez cool story... ;-P

After reading that story, even ur avatar is freaking me out. just the old style black/white/grey photo... always hated them..

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
When we arrived at our home, we didn't even have to go inside to see that something had taken place. One of the elegant porch columns had fallen onto the lawn. We tried not to give it too much importance, other than, 'hey! The place is getting old. Stuff happens.'
Once inside we were speechless! We had left the place immaculate! No more! There was trash strewn from one end of the house to the other. We had left it neatly bagged up, to be carried out when we returned. It was a nightmare. All the dishes had been pulled from the cabinets and smashed to the floor. But yet, nothing was taken and the locks were still in place when we returned.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
cool story, so far

i will look forward to the rest of it

thank you for posting

chickenfeet

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join