POLITICS: Developing - Cheney Dropping Out?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I think Condy would put a hurting on Hillary

media.washingtonpost.com...

Good pic Seekerof. I wish that pic link was postable. That's so her. The retro hair and outfits. Why do I feel like the President's advisor is a black Mary Tyler Moore? The Prez is of that generation that thinks Laura Petrie was a hottie. Now my brain's on a Cheney/Alan Brady tangent.

Anyway, good bio of the lady who turned Republican at the tender age of 28 after getting a "fellowship" on Reagen's Council on Foreign Relations in 1982: www....-------------------------/library/bio/usa/condoleeza-rice/

I wonder how she feels about Affirmative Action?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Okay, you wanna know one of the BIG reasons Dick might be dropping out: Bush's anti-gay stance. Cheney is pro-civil unions mainly on account of his daughter being gay. This has caused big ripples in the White House as the Christian Coalition has been openly pushing Bush to back a constitutional amendment that would ban gay marrage and civil unions. As you can immagine Cheney is kinda pissed about this.

Honestly I would have thought that Powell would be the first to leave Bush's sinking ship but Cheney seems to have more brains in this case.

~ Urban

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Powell and Rice in 2008! Gawd would that ever be something. I'm sick of the blah uninspiring people we've got running now, and I'm sure I'll be sick of all of them in 2008. Powell and Rice would certainly get me fired up. The US political scene is BORING and I want some leadership and not more gradiose speech-writer BS that these guys spew out. Powell and Rice worked their tails off to get where they're at, maybe they can inspire the rest of the US to quit being selfish/ignorant/and infatuated with junk TV. The US needs a Renaissance...put down the remote control!!

OK...calming down now...this rant brought to you by a frustrated and fantasy prone white boy, who is burned out on fast food Americana.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
[url=http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/state/article/0%2C1406%2CKNS_348_2600932%2C00.html]www.knoxnews.com[/ur] Computer reportedly seized from Frist's office Democrats say their computers were infiltrated by GOP staffers By RICHARD POWELSON January 24, 2004 "WASHINGTON - Federal investigators reportedly have seized a staff computer in Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist's office in a probe to find Republican aides who improperly accessed Democrats' memos on opposing judicial nominees." This makes an interesting addition to this story.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Interesting that you bring that up SkepticOverlord, being that I think what you have mentioned and posted runs with and along with the MemoGate.

"Frist: Memogate Dems Can't Be Trusted With Intel Secrets"
Link:
www.newsmax.com...

Also of interest:
www.intelmemo.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
JULIANI

So it's Beantown Kerry versus The one-two Texas/NYC 9-11 punch. Let's face it, it's over...

Unless... the signs are pointing toward a real "Family Values" replacement...
Bush/Pope 2004

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Cheney Dodges Question of US as Empire
DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) -- Asked on Saturday whether he considered the United States to be an empire, Vice President Dick Cheney had the perfect dodge: Ask my wife. AP.org

Is he for real?

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
whos the sparrow?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

We got it 4 days before MSNBC had a clue.

-B.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Sounds about right to me.

Whats the rumour about the conditions of the leaving? is he being dismissed or leaving for health reasons or something else?

If ANYTHING...the true story would be association with Halliburton and getting caught with the hand in the cookie jar...or actually creating the cookie jar, filling it and tempting other. But...I understand why they'd say it's health. He's been underground with the shadow government in my opinion...but since nobody's seen him for 3 year's they can say anything they want.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by urbanmastermind
Okay, you wanna know one of the BIG reasons Dick might be dropping out: Bush's anti-gay stance. Cheney is pro-civil unions mainly on account of his daughter being gay. This has caused big ripples in the White House as the Christian Coalition has been openly pushing Bush to back a constitutional amendment that would ban gay marrage and civil unions. As you can immagine Cheney is kinda pissed about this.

Honestly I would have thought that Powell would be the first to leave Bush's sinking ship but Cheney seems to have more brains in this case.

~ Urban

Cheney may love his daughter...but he doesn't give a crap about civil unions. He sees her and loves her I'm sure, but he's never pretended to approve or support her life. I think it's a stretch to say it's his position. Maybe the administration thinks the "unfortunate fact that his daughter is gay" marks him as a target given Bush's stance...but I don't believe Cheney's position puts him at odds with Bush at all.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
JULIANI

So it's Beantown Kerry versus The one-two Texas/NYC 9-11 punch. Let's face it, it's over...

Unless... the signs are pointing toward a real "Family Values" replacement...
Bush/Pope 2004

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by RANT]

If the Bush anti-gay stance is the big platform, I don't see how Guliani is gonna be any stronger. When he and his wife broke up he moved in with a male, gay couple that he's known for years. Doesn't exactly fit in with the anti-gay platform.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It seems as though Cheney would have to think about dropping out do to all the problems with Halliburton, I think Guiliani has alot of support from the American people for the way he handled 9-11

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
RICE

for more insite see my predictions in the Predictions for 2004 thread.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A bit of an update to this topic, perhaps?
Just saw this article:

"Giuliani: Bush's dream ticket"
scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...

US PRESIDENT George Bush is ready to pull off the biggest shock of this years election campaign by naming Rudy Giuliani as his running mate at the Republican convention in Manhattan in September.

Giuliani remains the most popular politician in the US and speculation is mounting that Bush will announce the former New York mayor as his vice presidential candidate as the country marks the third anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

The Republican party has already carried out canvassing of voters to assess how much support Giuliani has across the country and, according to reports, received high levels of public support.

The public has not forgotten Giulianis stoic leadership in the dark days after 9/11, when his words and actions became a beacon for the American people.

Analysts believe Bush, who lags behind Democratic frontrunner Senator John Kerry in opinion polls, would benefit from tapping into Giulianis popularity.

Dozens of polls since 2001 have shown Giuliani to be the most popular politician in the US, even though he has not held public office since Michael Bloomberg took over the post of mayor of New York in 2002.

Surprisingly or coincedentally, forthcoming information is beginning to unfold and further expose more on an ATS first:"Cheney Dropping Out".....

regards
seekerof

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Lots of news today, on CNN, that Cheney will remain on the ticket...including an interview with Dick by Blitzer...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Though Cheney stepping down looks more and more to not be the case, rumors and speculations still abound.
Ran across this:
Giuliani to replace Cheney on ticket?

WASHINGTON There are whispers among high-level political advisers to President Bush suggesting the possibility of replacing Dick Cheney with former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani as the vice presidential running mate prior to the Republican National Convention in New York beginning Aug. 30.

I guess well shall soon see.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Seekerof, this has to be some kind of joke right? I mean probably Cheney will be replace but by Giuliany? Pleaseeeee!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Dunno Marg, I'm sure there are alot of good, qualified individuals, but as its looking, Giuliani stands a better chance then the entire load of predictions given by Aussie Bloke.

seekerof

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
I have heard that he will run and after re-election resign and be replaced by Condolezza Rice setting her up for the nomination in 2008 to go against Hillary.

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

Dude that is a totally evil thought. lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join