It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC games console takes on rivals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The PlayStation 2 has a new rival in the shape of a console that can play hundreds more games than any other on the market.

news.bbc.co.uk...

ive always thought about this at last my dream come true lol

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Now thats awesome, if they are going to be cheaper than normal PCs I will get one, Alienware is going to make a version. (drool)

I will need to be able to surf on it too. :p

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They will actually have quite a lot of competition, in the near future. Here's another competitor.

This console looks simply awesome. Internet capability, they say user will be able to test-try games from their home, and buy/download them online if they like 'em. Or even just rent them.

You will also be able to play any PC game, play online against other people with the console, OR with normal PC. Looks like it's gonna rock.

www.infiniumlabs.com...

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
all I ever really wanted in life was a gaming system with a ps2 controller, a mouse and a keyboard, and PC games.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It looks like a pretty good machine. But I think I'll stick with my PC.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Lysergic

Haven't they made PS2-style gamepad for PCs?

But, yeah, like Ocelot said, I'll too stick to my PC. Whatever they'll make on console, I'll be able to emulate it a few months/years later.

Patience is a virtue.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I need to buy one of these so i can whoop both your arses in Jedi 2.. I must admit I have never played it before and was just having some fun smack talking with both of you. But would like to try it sometime soon. What is the best gaming system to buy? My wife and I just bought a new house and that would be a great "moving in" gift to break in the home with. Please advise gaming gurus

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I really like PS2

but xbox is going to have this KICK ass game coming out called Fable...

gamecube gets a lot of bad comments, but I think it's graphics are cool.

www.fablegame.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I personnaly wouldn't be able to choose between all the console available, PS2 and Xbox both kick ass, GameCube have less good game (or interesting game), but it's still a good console.

But PS3 and X-Box2 are on their way so...buying right now might not be a good idea. If you really want a console of the current generation, just wait till the new ones comes out, so the price will be slashed.

I stick with my PC for gaming, and still have this old dreamcast for whenever I want to play Soul Caliburs lol..

This old game ROCKS!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
OMFG!!!! That 'Fable' game look totally awesome!!!!

Now I need an X-box too!!!
www.gamershell.com...

And thier official website is...well...#ed up?!?! And amazing at the same time... And really weird... (well, the story look weird!)

Love the fact you can choose between being good or evil.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sometimes its fun to be evil, lol I sound like Illumanti member :p

top topics

join