It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love Jesus more than anything....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Just wanted to profess my Love for Christ. He's so awsome beyond words, the divine Love is transcendent and HOLY and I'm in Love with my savior. It is a Love that is greater than anything I ever experienced.

This Love I have is greater than the one for my mother, self, sister, and greater than being in Love with a woman.

He died for us all, WOW. Beyond words man... I'm in Love and ALIVE for the 1st time in my life. rebirth!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
He is awesome! Has he sent you the comforter yet?

Not a whole lot of talk about the Holy Spirit around here.

Oh and be prepared this will probably get moved to BTS.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just another poor sap blinded by the propaganda fed to us for years. Let me ask you something. Why is it that Jesus came only 2000 years ago? There were people living for tens of thousands of years before that, so were they naturally sinners because they were ignorant to Jesus? Also, it is implied that God created Adam only 10000 years ago, so what about the 8000 years worth of people before that? Did God not care enough about them to give them a savior? That's kind of like a parent beating their child to death because they dropped their spoon while eating. They don't know it's something wrong, so PUNISH THEM ANYWAY!!! Maybe that's why if He exists, there are murderers and rapists alive in the world today. What a God he isn't.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Hello dominicus! So happy for you to hear this! Doesn't it just feel wonderful?

I remember when I first came to Christ... what a wonderful day that was...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
So you love a mythological character that never existed more than your own family? that's interesting.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
One reason im happy to be who I am:

I'm glad im a straight male, so I don't have to tackle issues of faith such as being naturally attracted to men yet having a male savior whom I love, or being a woman who feels the same.

Because then I'd have to deal with the notion of .. being attracted to Jesus "in that way". I bet it would bug teh crap out of me. I have a mind that dwells..

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Me too

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Congrats dominicus. I'm very happy for you.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I'm in Love and ALIVE for the 1st time in my life. rebirth!!!!!!!!

That's awesome to hear! So what happened? What was the road He took you down? For each of us, the journey has been different, and it's always encouraging to hear how God's moved in the lives of others.

Again, great to hear

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

you love a plagiarism of the gods dionysus, mithras, and horus more than you love your family?

you love a most likely fictional character more than you love those that have actually done something for you?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i wish more people died for my sins. The world would be much less congested

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Isn't it that nobody knows what Jesus looks like?
I don't think it's love your feeling, it's probable something else that is a result of telling yourself it's the truth too many times...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Supervortex,
Jesus isn't/wasn't propoganda because he leads to Enlightenment, spiritual freedom, and direct divine experiences that are beyond logic and reason i.e. transcendence. This is something that anyone can directly experience and it is also promised in the Bible, subject to you being a believer.

The people who lived before that, were justified by Faith, or(1 theory says) they were judged accordingly based on what-ever belief they had at the time even if it was biased, (though that's a grey area)

The 10,000 years thing also a grey area ( I believe in a marrigae between the Bible and archeaology)

Yes there are murders and rapes today. We live in duality, i.e. we wouldn't know good w/o bad. God also experiences everything that we do (So God is also right there with the person being killed, omnipresence) and evil is a by-product of free-will. We have the choice to choose to be rapists or murderers, etc. It's a risk willing to take to create beings with free-will. If it could be some other way, then it would be. Plus, we don't know how this(existence) is going to end quite yet, so perhaps what we see as bad, in the over-all picture, is a intricately interwoven inter-connected web of actions that all lead to everything making complete sense from the end perspective.
________
Darkside,
There is more proof for the existence of Jesus than for the non-existence. The majority of the world including archaeological and scientific communities believe that his existence was factual. You, my friend, are in the minority.
___
Runetang,
I'm in Love with Jesus through the Enlightening spirit that indwells me, i.e. the Love he has for me is now known and I can use that same knowable great Height of Love to return the favor.
____
Madnessisinmysoul,
Hello old friend, it's been a while since our debates from last year. Yeah yeah yeah, your practically quoting Zeitgeist, which upon doing much research, is full of lies. So far after researching Mithra & Horus, there are practically no similarities to Jesus, and I'm currently working on a Zeigeist rebuttal documentary that should be done and be online this time next year.

AncientVoid,
Actually the Love I have for Jesus is something that started off as a intellectual understanding, add to that reading the Bible, prayer, and meditation, and WALLAH, God sends me a Seperate Spirit from myself to reside in my body with me and grant me Enlightenment. I'm actually doing some research on being able to do some MRI's and additional Brain scans of people who have gone through (or are undergoing) this Holy Spirit experience (since most of you need some kind of empirical scientific authoratative opinion on the matter). So no, it wasn't based on me telling myself it's true over and over. This is something that was given to me, outside of myself and other people in my household also witnessed this Holy Spirit roaming around the house and moving past them for several weeks, making it objective to them.
_____
WOW GOD is so incredibly unexplainably beyond Words AWSOME. Pure Love !!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Dominicus 1,
Well said my friend. One thing that does sadden me is why some people can't resist trying to burst someone else's bubble. I am sure they won't be at the stores in December telling all the children that father Christmas isn't real or they would walk over to a child and pop their new balloon. I have had the same experience with the holy spirit and you just want to tell the whole world how happy you are.
I am so pleased for you. Isn't it amazing how powerful Gods love is?
God bless
jon.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Just wanted to profess my Love for Christ. He's so awsome beyond words, the divine Love is transcendent and HOLY and I'm in Love with my savior. It is a Love that is greater than anything I ever experienced.

Good for you! Another victim to swell the ranks of Gods stormtroopers!

This Love I have is greater than the one for my mother, self, sister, and greater than being in Love with a woman.

Whoops! How canyou possibly admit to loving a long dead jewish charlaton over and above your family? I find this unacceptable. Your family should be the centre of your life and universe.
Wake up and smell the roses - don't waste your life on a mythical deity and a dead carpenter.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Just wanted to profess my Love for Christ. He's so awsome beyond words...

Amen.

It's rather deceptive though preaching love, joy, and peace to those outside. As soon as one is led to the cross, they can expect to get the spiritual hell beat out of them. Satan doesn't want to let his children go. I imagine quite a few fail that test and fall away.

After being saved out of sin, then those results start to grow.

In my case, well my story is posted here somewhere. I found out quite quickly that I'm surrounded by enemies who are quite peaceful, yet enemies. As it is written a man's enemies will be of his own house.

Be careful what you do with the things you are given.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I love this thread God is awesome

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I hate Jesus more than anything. The amount of murder, bigotry, and hatred that Christianity has led to far outweighs any of the good. Far outweighs.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

hahahahhaha

this thread is teh awesome

edit*

the whole 'more love for god than family' thing i can not understand...

[edit on 3-10-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
anglosaxon,
Jesus said something to the effect of, if you Love anyone more than me, you are not worthy of me. The Most important commandment is to Love God with all your heart, mind, and soul.

When you do these things, you will become spiritually enlightened and you will be able to experience a higher type of never before experienced divine Love that allows you to Love complete strangers and allows you to Love your family at a higher level than you ever thought possible. It is this divine Love that allows me to Love you even if you don't believe.

By the way, there is more proof for the existence of Jesus than there is for his non-existence.
______
Kacen,
Perhaps you have been tricked by "anti-christian propoganda" which is practically all around us and has even infiltrated the church itself. Murder, bigotry, and hatred is the way of the enemy and is far from true Christianity. What you have described is the ways of the enemy, and let me tell you, we are surrounded by those ways of life even within the church.

However a true Christian that has undergone the Enlightenment transformation of the Holy Spirit, doesn't have an ounce of any of those 3 things you mentioned. It's just pure Love for all, just like how I Love you even though I know you have a false pretense about the truth at the heart of the matter.

[edit on 3-10-2007 by dominicus1]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join