It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC manadatory breastfeeding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I saw the avatar was huge
Since you are so new to the site, u2u kinglizard, or chissler both Mods, both dabble with avatars and ask them for help resizing it.

On the lighter side of things, I found this great drinking fountain that should possibly be placed in the courtyard of some of these NYC Hospitals
God I hope this image isn't against the T&C. It's the Goddess Diana

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Lys! Is that you?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I know all about the dangers of these one line posts.....but all's I have to say is...OMG.... I am soooooo lmao Major!

Lys get out of there ya Big boob! You'll get yourself all wet

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
SO this thread is why i had wet stains from?

I knew, somewhere, someplace, there was a hungry child.....

Get your selves ready, ladies, i have a feeling the rest of the population will be looking at us hungrily one day soon. And it wont be just babies

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

roflmao that is awesome!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I was going to apologize for getting your thread off topic. I'm glad you didn't mind!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
i have a feeling the rest of the population will be looking at us hungrily one day soon. And it wont be just babies

Since someone already crossed the line with the statute picture...why not?

Forgive me for posting that.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
How can I possibly forgive you for THAT?

It was wrong. So very wrong. And much better done than the version I vaguely recall seeing on MAD TV once.

Naughty, naughty boy.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
funny thing is that video isnt so far off

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I feel this is fitting in some sick twisted way.

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Forgive me for posting that.

What can I say
You have to love a Mod with a sense of humor

Thanks dbates...that was a lovely way to start my day at work. I'll be tickled about that all day

[edit on 10/3/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Laura, that video was pretty upsetting.

On the one hand, I'm glad the mother didn't leave her little children at home while she was out doing her thing. That's always trouble.

But snorting coke off the baby's stomach! Great, so the baby got a cutaneous exposure to coke and probably absorbed some through its skin.

Those poor kids. And that poor, tortured woman. She'll probably never get to see them again. As a mother, she has my sympathy for that, if for nothing else.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

um....sorry???? o.O

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
BEEEUUUBS!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I don't think it should be mandatory. I don't breastfeed... would like to, but it's a choice I made for my child. I am on Prozac... and even though some say it's safe, I don't want to take the risk of harming him. That and I have a feeling I wouldn't have been able to anyway because my breasts didn't even lactate while I was pregnant, and they didn't do it after he was born either. The hospitals I was in asked me if I was breastfeeding or formula(I didn't have a choice at first tho as he was whisked away to the NICU... he was a month early, and the crap they pumped me up with to keep my blood pressure stable wasn't good for him which was one of the reasons why he ended up in NICU, but I have a feeling it would have been worse if they didn't do that. I only saw him and held him once then he was taken to another hospital with better NICU facility where I didn't see him or hold him for about a week.(It was in another city) I was glued to the phone and think I started bugging his doctor and nurse cuz I was calling everyday to get an update on how he was doing, lol.) Anyway... my hospital I had him in sent me home with a care package, diapers, a little bit of formula, etc. The other one gave me a really nice care package... 2 cases of formula cuz he went home on a Friday, lotsa diapers, booties, a cute outfit(even tho I had one)... etc. There was another lady going home that same day who was breastfeeding and they gave her a pump and all the stuff you need to breastfeed. It was a really nice experiene for me and I was glad my son got such great care. I think he won the hearts of those nurses tho... everyone of them came to say bye. One even came in on her day off to see him off.(His main nurse... it's hard not to get attached to such a cutie pie...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Our own child was breastfed; since I have a graduate degree in Public Health, I always assumed that breast was best. Just in case, I did some checking around and found:

1. There are no advantages for the baby when bottle-feeding is used, the advantage is just the perceived increased convenience to the parent(s).

2. Advantages of breast-feeding for the baby include no or almost no allergies ... and in this allergy-ridden age that's saying something.

Other advantages include a 7-point rise in IQ level for babies who get a chance to breastfeed (yesterday's CNN news).

Immunity levels are boosted in breastfed babies; does a mom who decides quickly to bottle-feed based on convenience even want to get near experiencing the amount of guilt she may subsequently feel every time the kid sneezes during childhood? Bottle-fed babies are also more likely to develop immune-related diseases in childhood or later in life, such as Diabetes.

Another advantage for the baby is a lifelong ability to maintain a more stable weight.

3. Bringing another human being into the world is a serious thing. So please consider your options carefully before making a decision against breastfeeding (which could be a decision you ultimately may long regret).

With all due respect, that decision is not just about you.

4. In my family, we started off getting a consultation from a breastfeeding counselor, before leaving the hospital after the child's birth. By doing this, any initial questions or difficulties in beginning breastfeeding can be addressed and resolved. A non-profit worldwide organization called the La Leche League also answers questions for free about breastfeeding. Here is their website:

www.llli.org...

5. Finally, on the subject of convenience, those 2 am feedings go a lot faster when the meal doesn't have to be warmed up. Honestly. And traveling is also much simpler.

6. Breastfeeding is also a bigtime money saver. Those corporations who sell infant formula make a fortune.

Thanks for reading.

[edit on 11/7/2007 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A lot of people have the impression that breastfeeding takes a toll on the physical appearance of the breast. In my own family's experience, that was not the case at all. And here are some photos of Angelina Jolie, who breastfed her baby Shiloh for about a year ... Angelina said that the breastfeeding helped her shed her pregnancy weight gain like magic. As you can see (actually the billboard posters around town are much more explicit), Angelina still looks totally beautiful:

www.beowulfmovie.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LauraCaren

They passed tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far long ago IMHO. Think they left Earth and are currently somewhere in the orbit of Neptune.

And I have to say it. LOL!!! monitor your tits LOL!!!!!!
Lots and lots of guys love to monitor well tits in general.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Whereas I know breastfeeding, milk enzyme's can help out the baby well...
this is a bit much as law. That is considering some women have problems breastfeeding. Also, some babies are allergic to breast milk. Plus the mom should choose, even if the above problems -for example- are accepted as the only exception for formula.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
so,
where do i eat?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join