It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese are preparing for a War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am not ultra super patriotic but if a communist country attacks us you can bet your ass I'm going to be armed and ready to defend.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
the only war China can win is economic war, Chinese people just need to release their US treasury bonds, US will be bankrupt
, no need to bomb or fight anything

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus

Hmmm, if war is declared Australia will probably be dragged in. I will lobby for Aussie Neutrality

Octavious me chipper aussie mate, you could always emigrate to NZ, digger.
I'm sure that we will not be embroiled in this madness, and we have plenty of water

edited by benevolent tyrant to repair "quote"

[edit on 10/4/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I think that a chill pill might be a good idea, to give clarity and to stop the anger....anger can only lead to your destruction because it is like immolation: all-consuming, and irrational thoughts lead to irrational actions...

[edit on 2-10-2007 by AotearoaSon]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
T

Invade my country and I give up everything for the defense of it and the fredom of my family. Attack my family in any way, all gloves are off and I do what ever it takes to completely destroy you and any force that works with you. This does not have to be an invader, it could just be an intruder into my home.

So, by that reasoning, the Iraqis, Afghanis, and all the others have a validity to take up arms against their invaders?

I think they do, but I am curious as to your thoughts

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm not too worried about China for the simple fact that everything they make is crap. Sure they make nice toys, however lead contaminated might they be, but I wouldn't be too worried about a tank with the words 'Made in China' written on the bumper. Maybe I'm just ignorant??
Maybe the reputation for producing absolute garbage and giving it to our kids, pets, etc. makes me take them not too seriously and not like them very much.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
reply to post by mr-lizard

. Yea I got a little emotional, that is because I am a leader and not a follower.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

If you're a leader then there is no hope!!!!

(editted for speeling....damnit...edited for spellinh, ah...tory spelling...um...story telling?...)

[edit on 2-10-2007 by AotearoaSon]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
This is not in defense of anyone, nor an attack against anyone. You guys can continue your fight as you wish. I am only adding my cents to the "conversation"

You said it how it should be said and do your country a credit.

Patriotism is a beautiful thing and it is good to see that there are so many ready to stand up for their country.

Blind nationalism, on the other hand, can easily be the downfall of a country. Nazi Germany anyone?

What i'm trying to say is love your country, stand up for it, but don't be belittling other nations in the process. No one is better than anyone else, regardless of where you live.

Speaking of which, it'd be nice if someone could learn to play cricket to give us some solid competition this year!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Octavious me chipper aussie mate, you could always emigrate to NZ, digger.
I'm sure that we will not be embroiled in this madness, and we have plenty of water

I wake up and the nightmare hasnt ended! NOOOOO!!!!

hehe, i dont think i'll leave my precious Sydney. I came here when i was 4 and i will stay here no matter what.

Once ive taken over the world though, ill invite you all to my palace if you wish.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
The plan is to have the commies invade from Mexico as well as through Florida via Cuba. If you do a google search you will find 80.000 chinese troops now on the border in mexico.

I live in Las Cruces, NM, and go to deming sometimes.... I ride dirtbikes in the desert in this area very close to the border, and I haven't seen a single chinese military man. Nor have I heard anyone talking about this, and I know border patrol agents in this area.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

I'm an American, and I have to say you represent everything that is wrong with our country and people like you will be the cause of it's inevitable collapse. I am a patriot, because I love my country and I want what is best for it. The war mongering ignorance you convey is the antithesis of what democracy is supposed to be. Pull your head out of your ass and the 1950's and realize it is time to evolve philosophically.... or be left behind with the cold war neanderthals that should have put out to pasture ages ago.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Yep i agree, it's that kind of attitude which makes America look bad.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

Thanks

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Whooa whoa whoa! Talk about light the blue touch paper and retire (that is a reference to lighting a firework by the way if you didn't know).

The OP has not provided any evidence for their interesting claims but this immediately launches an 'us Vs them' argument. Some people are way too touchy. Firstly there is no evidence (so far) of this build up - just like the 80,000 chines troops on the Mexican border. There is nothing to say that it is directed at America - hell, they could be gearing up to invade Iran for all we know. Why not? They see the US go out and grab their own oil producing country so why shouldn't they in these times of approaching 'peak oil'?

At least that is a motive, why would they want the States? land? people? 72" TVs? Super extra size value meals at McDonalds? Trust me, the people controlling China have access to everything that they could want from the US without actually wasting their time and money attacking it. The US, as is the rest of the world, is desparate for China's business.

I am amazed that an unsubstantiated thread like this can get so many responses with only ONE person prior to me asking for some evidence. The OP claims that US satelites has recorded this stuff. Eh? where did the OP get that info from?

I am not saying its impossible but I think I would like some proof before I get all hot under the collar.

Why are American patriots convinced that it is going to be them who are invaded? They instantly launch in with"I got Momma in the hayshed with an assualt rifle, those commies will have to take it from her cold dead fingers" stuff. OK, no doubt there would be some armed resistance from the population but do these same people think it would be any more effective than the insurgency in Iraq in beating a major military force with armoured vehicles an an airforce? Once the ammo for your .22 varminter had run out where would you get Stinger missiles from now that the US would no longer be in the business of arming terrorists, sorry freedom fighters?

The US military would be more than capable of resisting an invasion of the US because of firstly their huge military might (you need to have an overwhelming force that moves quickly to invade anywhere) and their geographical location and size. Why else do you think that the US has been using all kinds of tricks for 60 years to ensure that only governments friendly to the US (if not friendly to their own people) are located all around them. You can't have that place next door where a huge number of troops can amass for a jumping off point for an invasion.

Just relax - This is not the way that global politics or military strategy works, the way you get baited by these ideas is amazing.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EJHoover

Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AotearoaSon

See, this is what I mean by stupid does as stupid is told. We are not fighting the Iraqi people, but to free them. I can't believe people still think we are fighting the people of Iraq.

We are also fighting against the Taliban and Al-Queada...never have been fighting against the people of Afghanistan, but the crazed radicals that hi-jacked their government and lands. Do you people ever read the news, or do you just listen to the Liberal sound points????????

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Where to start... Lets bring some rational logic back into the discussion. China is not preparing for a war they would not win (against the United States) Taiwan, however, is chinas main goal. Always has been... Taiwan is strengthening its stance one wanting to be independent from the mainland of china. Now, the taiwanese do not have a problem with being considered chinese, its that they have a problem with the communist rule of china, taiwan enjoys many freedoms that many mainlanders do not enjoy. For this reason, taiwan wants to be indepedant, and for that reason alone.

Someone earlier said, "well the chinese could raise a 200 million man army and still have 200 million on reserve" Not true at all, atleast not in a conventional sense. How would the chinese sustain by feeding, hydrating, arming, such a massive force all the while taking on the most prolific military force his world has ever seen? China lacks a blue water navy first of all, even if they had a bluewater navy they would not be able to get that many ppl from there, to here. (not in one piece anyway) So that is failed logic. It just would not work. The chinese couldnt even do that with the 2 million employed PLA now, let alone with a force 100 times greater.

I think people need to get off there "HATE AMERICA" perch and face the facts. The US, while often times arrogant, is the most powerful force of any kind this world has ever seen, Do not underestimate her. without her economy, the interdependent (a word I chose to bold for obvious reasons, look it up if you dont know what im talking about) world economy is skin and bones.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

I really like the way that America is trying to free the Iraqis....and don't tell me that the taliban aren't afghanis, they are...

Now, I don't agree with dictatorships and despotism ,but I really think that instead of trying to force the U.S.A. brand of freedom and liberty (you will have the freedom to shop and the liberty of using your credit card if you can't pay) on external forces, they should deal to their own mess first...oh, i forgot, this is the american century and we should all bow down to the great god $$$...oh, and i think your constitution is a great thing, but it's obvious that the bush regime does not!

on topic: from being isolationists for many decades, america suddenly faces all that don't do things as they wish as threats and justification to invade...
China won't invade the U.S.A, Taiwan maybe, but you gungho self-styled patriots can rest well and put your buckshot back in the hole in the ground.
China, IMHO won't do a thing to jeopardise their olympic dream, but others want to do it for them...will the U.S.A. boycott the olympics like moscow 1980?

on topic (2) let us have some definite proof of the goings on in the OP

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I think people need to get off there "HATE AMERICA" perch and face the facts. The US, while often times arrogant, is the most powerful force of any kind this world has ever seen, Do not underestimate her.

Oh, i stand on my "HATE AMERICA" Perch because i hate stupidity, and i see a very large amount coming from America. They could probably bottle and sell it.

But i also know that having a large army means not much in the long run.

Wars are now political, your not allowed to loose your full military force anymore. Mostly its 'minimum necessary force'.

Imagine if, say, my scenario from before happened. Chinese insurgents manage to capture an American nuke silo.

My thoughts on what would happen.

1) The chinese government declares the insurgents terrorists, and not affiliated with Chinese foreign policy. (while egging them on)

2) The US will...what?

Send its army? *BOOM* no more army

Send its air force? *boom* one city disappears.

Nuke China? *boom* US is hated for attacking China, while the unaffiliated Terrorist group threatens them. (China also has a population crisis, so sending a single nuke will do some damage, make the world hate you and not be as damaging as you think.)

The only real option i see is to sue for peace.

You may be proud of your army, but politics is a dangerous game, much more dangerous than guns and tanks. More than even your patriotism.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Octavius Maximus

Stupid does as stupid is told! Where do you get off saying total crap like that. Lets see......if for some reason Australia were to be the victim of a terror attack....who would be the FIRST country to offer aid? help? money? what ever it took to help you recover??? I hate to disappoint you, but it would be US here in the USA. Do me a favor. If you ever do need our help, please refuse it. But to all you other Aussies down there who have been long time friends of us here in the states......We love ya! Mr. Maximus, you have not earned our love.

I am done with this post, as it really is a waste of server space. Nothing produced here except back and forth "S N I P".

Please Do Not Evade Automatic Censors

[edit on 10/4/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join