It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 on Trial! US Govt to silence Sitchin. ##UPDATE## Blog was a hoax...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Easy peasy.

One: I just emailed Akin/Gump's publicity department. We'll see if what he says is true, or if it's bs, because I suspect they won't look on it with charitable kindness if he's a fake.

Two: I can fire up PACER and just look at the court docket, including downloading all the submitted evidentiary stuff. But it's 8 cents a page, and that includes "searched pages" so doing a docket search can run a few bucks. I think I'll let the A/G publicity manager respond first, if she will.

Three: I smell a rat right off anyway. The guy has stated that an "NSA agent" is involved - I think he also called him an "NSA detective". This is a big pitfall for a lot of fakers. NSA does - what? Anyone know on the thread? Raise your hands...don't be shy.

What is NSA's function? What do they do? What is their charter?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I thought Sitchin's only crime was in persuading the gullible to part with hard earned cash to read 3rd rate sci fi stories ......

Though I have to confess I his books quite amusing .... in a really, really, bad daytime soap opera way

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I do not have the source, but I believe I have read that this particular issue is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Yeah, but I have now.

Dear Sator:

Thank you for your inquiry. Sam Wilson is not - and never has been - an attorney at Akin Gump. Is this in connection with Zecharia Sitchin? The claims circulating on the Internet that a Sam Wilson at Akin Gump represented Mr. Sitchin are a hoax.
Regards,
Kristen

Kristen M. White
Communications Manager
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
Robert S. Strauss Building
1333 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036
202.887.4536 - direct
202.887.4000 - main
202.887.4288 - fax

I got a response from the firm.
So it is a hoax after all...

I kindly ask for a moderator to remove this thread (or lock it).

Sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Nice to find out that it was a scam. I thought it was strange that the NSA would care about something like this, and so openly.

I dont consider it a waste of time though. We found out the truth didnt we?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Nice work Sator.

Im glad you made the effort to find out for yourself that this was hoax.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by etshrtslr

Not a problem, mate! I´m doing just what I wish everybody would do around here anyway.

And Copernicus, well said: we got to the truth, after all.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Hey, I just got basically the same letter from Ms. White.

Yep, it didn't sound likely.

Ok, here's the answer to the questions I posed, and it's a fast way for you to assess whether one of these guys is full of baloney:

The NSA has two functions. One is cryptography - both in the breaking of and creating of codes and cyphers. NSA does a lot of chip design for the military and government for radio and data encryption.

The other is signals intelligence. They listen to and intercept signals that might carry intelligence of interest to the US and its allies.

That's it.

They don't really HAVE "detectives" or "agents". About the closest they come is field agents that facilitate signals interception (i.e. plant receivers in critical places overseas), or the guys that come and make sure you didn't leave the chips or design manuals out of the safe.

They don't have recon satellites that follow people around. They do have signal interception sats. But the crap you see on "Enemy of the State" is pure fiction. NSA doesn't have headknockers or assassins.

On top of which, they are not chartered to do much of anything with US citizens, except when you're communicating outside the US, and even then it's supposed to take a FISA warrant. Although frankly, there's a pile of ways to get around it. But at any rate, you'd never see one testifying or presenting evidence in a US District Court regarding some sort of ongoing physical surveillance of a citizen. That's not what they do.

That would be FBI if it were a US citizen, or CIA if not. Maybe State Department, depending. But NSA not only wouldn't have a mission that applied, they don't have the charter either.

In short, if it's not crypto or sigint, it's not NSA, there are no NSA agents or "detectives". If you read a story that has these things, it's not real.

edit: Ok, someone here reminded me that I'm technically incorrect, the NSA runs the Ft Meade police force. So they do have headknockers, but it's limited to the Ft Meade grounds.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Maybe just change the title. I don't believe this is a case where the OP is a hoaxer. He just posted a thread on a topic that happens to be a hoax. It is good to highlight these types of hoaxes. They are happening daily and for some reason people love to believe them.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Maybe just change the title. I don't believe this is a case where the OP is a hoaxer. He just posted a thread on a topic that happens to be a hoax. It is good to highlight these types of hoaxes. They are happening daily and for some reason people love to believe them.

Well said zero, thanks for tip, because it completely slip t my mind... (ACTUALLY I can´t EDIT that first post, right?!?)

Tom Bedlam, I have NO WAY to confirm if what you said it's true or not, but I´m gonna take a wild guess here and assume you are good intentions indeed, and keep that in mind for later cases...

Now... as I was just coming from work now, a question out of curiosity has appeared in my mind... Sam Wilson probably a fake name too but.. who would benefit with such a screwd up hoax anyway?

Peace.,.

PS: EDIT first post, how?

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Sator]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
[hoax -- didn't read all the posting at first]
// / /

[edit on 2-10-2007 by arktkchr]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, it's obvious it's for attention.

"Sam Wilson" may even believe it it's true, and just be delusional instead of fraudulent. When you see something that detailed with no obvious source of income from it, I have to go with "delusional state"

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meatclown
I believe Arizona Wilder when she said in an interview that she saw him participating in occult rituals.

what makes you think A Wilder told the truth about Z Sitchin shapeshifting?
if she did, why most people don't believe in D Icke about Reptilians?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Thanks for the info, I have most of his books and I just purchased the last three that I don't own just in case they decide to pull his books off the shelf.

Here is a link to listen to Sitchen Audio Book on the 12th Planet Here.

You listen to the entire Audio Book for Free.

[edit on 10/2/2007 by TheInfamousOne]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
reply to post by Meatclown

You can be sure they´ll try discredit him, although I´m very much inclined to say his theories about the annunaki, Nibiru, the reptilians and 2012 are not disinfo as you stated. Specially because the govt is trying to discredit exatly these works, but also because there are too much around already like 1337 and Vipassana said.
Thank's for your comments.

2012 is definatly going to be a psyop. There is so much disinfo on it, its rediculus. I agree aliens (demons) have alot to do with our ancient history but ALL these newagers INSIST that humans were CREATED by the aliens. There is the deception. And that jesus was an alien reincarnation and yada yada yada. This mass spiritual awakening is all part of end times deception imo. They are going to stage the apocolypse then they will stage the intervention of a benevolent alien race (the annunaki).

The reptilian stuff i agree with. Check out my other threads.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Meatclown

Well.. actually it's not the newagers that claim the humans were created by aliens. It was the ancient sumerians, more then 5.000 years ago, according to many researchers including Sitchin.
xfacts.com...

Peace

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Speaking of psyop...anyone looking into this hoax in detail...concerning the origins of the hoax?

Who responsible? Is it a simple psyop and if so, can we trace the origins?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greatlakes

Thanks for the comment!

Yes, greatlakes... I asked before about who's going to benefit with all this?

Not Sitchin, and sure as hell not any of us here I guess..

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

sitchen made up alot of his research. Heres a good website to read about it at.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meatclown
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

sitchen made up alot of his research. Heres a good website to read about it at.

Yeaaahhh I saw the website and also the DVD (torrents rule) and I gotta say something:

Never trust someone who works so hard to debunk a theory that he (the debunker) thinks it´s completely insane.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join