It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone sucessfully sold their soul to the devil?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

lack of explanation reconfirms my assumption of trolling.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
lack of explanation reconfirms my assumption of trolling.

Very well, to appease the paranoia that I'm trolling, I'll go into the explicit details. According to your quote, because the devil did not show to make good on the transaction, you had turned to atheism. Assuming God and the devil both exist, the devil would want you to choose atheism over him appearing, scaring the crap out of you and you running to God for a way out. It was therefore a wiser move to not show. That's assuming however you'd be looking for a way out. If you didn't, then the sale would be complete and he'd have you locked in via contract. Either way, he wins. A win-win scenario that most large corporations desire but have difficulty mastering.

[edit on 3-10-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Frankly, hell sounds like a much more interesting place than Heaven. Who wants to sit around the feet of God amongst fawning Christians all paying homage? Boooooorrrring. On the other hand, there are so many interesting people in Hell. Bertrand Russell, for example, who specifcally asked to go there. Rosemary will be there, too.

But even if you did manage to sell your soul to the devil, it is not an irreversible transaction. Just read The Devil and Daniel Webster for a good example of this. A simple farmer sold his soul. He had seven years of good luck and good crops that made him rich. the Devil came to collect his due. He resisted. They had a trial. And Daniel Webster got him off. Justice prevailed.

Not so much fun when you're burning in unquenchable fire, though, is it?

And locked out of any hope of redemption?

It's idiots like you who are helping to drag fellow humans into eternal suffering, in my opinion (and the opinions of others, I might add).

People like you often rant and rail about how there is no justice in the world......how the vicious get off lightly, and how the innocent suffer.

Well......there is a final reckoning to be dealt with and faced.

Frankly, you sound quite immature, and you are obviously dangerously misled.

I would advise you not to be so arrogant.

There is a final justice awaiting us. Which is what people have bemoaned (the lack of) all along.

Time will tell, eh?........it's only a matter of time, my friend.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Could you not detect the humour in Mr Wupy's post? I even gave him a star for it because I thought it was funny as hell, excuse the pun.

The thing about being able to sell your soul is that you can't, mainly because the devil, god and other supernatural beings don't exist, that is I'm at least 99.9999 percent certain they don't. If anyone can prove me wrong please go ahead.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well there was that Robert Johnson character in O Brother Where art Thou? He was picked up by the escapees and one asks him what was he doing at that crossroad in the middle of nowhere and he replied that he went there to sell his soul to the devil. The escapees were like what ya wanna do that for and the

R. Johnson character replied... "well I wasn't using it!"

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

well put. and on a sidenote, what's with the excessive quote cleaning frenzy? the most i quoted was like 3 sentences.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I would, but I can't.

I am currently RENTING my soul to a large corporate conglomerate.
I'm not sure when the lease expires, I am hoping soon, but it's one of those open ended contracts.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

oh yeah, i was hoping no one noticed that...i had to sell my soul to the devil to get these 150 extra points, hahah

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I would, but I can't.

I am currently RENTING my soul to a large corporate conglomerate.
I'm not sure when the lease expires, I am hoping soon, but it's one of those open ended contracts.

I wouldn't even advise doing that. Give them the results of your work, but in my last two corporate experiences, they tend to stomp and piss on your soul if the mood strikes them. I was smarter second time around and they get angry when you're spiritually unaffected while continuing to crank out quality work.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by saint4God

and on a sidenote, what's with the excessive quote cleaning frenzy? the most i quoted was like 3 sentences.

Yep, there's no way either of our quotes were excessive, despite the U2U's we received stating they were. It's the first time I've seen unbalanced moderating since I've been here.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
that's ok, im not gonna hold it against anyone, just a kind reminder that mods are people that let their emotions get the best of them too

back to the topic, i'd like to see if anyone knows if there is supposed to be a "proper" way to sell your soul to the devil... ?

my current stance is that the church invented the devil, from the book of Job - it was actually god speaking to himself, from opposite sides, not the devil, or satan. these were all created later, and adapted to fit older gods, so they could become the new scapegoats of "evil."

The only selling of souls done today involves corporate america, or sacrificing what's really important to you, for money / sex / status or drugs.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

back to the topic, i'd like to see if anyone knows if there is supposed to be a "proper" way to sell your soul to the devil... ?

No proper way. A person could perform ritual but is unnecessary. It would be to my and other believer's benefit if there were. Like some kind of crazy rite of passage everyone was too afraid to try or felt silly doing.

The only selling of souls done today involves corporate america, or sacrificing what's really important to you, for money / sex / status or drugs.

Althought not the only selling, it's the quickest, easiest, most common and most subtle. Good call, nicely put.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man
It's idiots like you who are helping to drag fellow humans into eternal suffering, in my opinion (and the opinions of others, I might add).

"Idiots"? I see you have a lot of anger in your heart, despite your professed beliefs. Calling people names on this site is a violation of the T&C.

People like you often rant and rail about how there is no justice in the world......how the vicious get off lightly, and how the innocent suffer.

A big assumption on your part, I'm afraid, as is the rest of your statement and your assumptions about my beliefs and/or behavior. You're off on your own little fantasy.

I'm terribly sorry. I mean no disrespct to you personally, but I don't believe your little fairy tale. I suspect your Mommy told it to you enough times that you have come to believe it beyond any rational thought whatsoever. I'm sure it is 'true' for you because you believe it so ardently. Fortunately, it's not true for billions of others who don't have to succumb to your BS.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
if there was a documented way to sell your soul to the devil... i would do it

i'd sell my soul for an end to world hunger or war
some noble cause like that

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

my current stance is that the church invented the devil, from the book of Job - it was actually god speaking to himself, from opposite sides, not the devil, or satan.

So God is bi-polar? I've never actually considered that until I read your words. This is both hilarious and disturbing.

God needs to be on Prozac and under the care of a doctor.

You can be sure I'll put some thought into this one

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
double post again.........sigh......

[edit on 5-10-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

P.S. I wonder if the "Crossroads Blues" tale inspired "Oh, God, you Devil" which has essentially the same theme.

Well, 'Oh God You Devil' was WAY more entertaining on the humorous side, IMO. George Burns as both God AND the Devil was just too much!
Although the music was awesome in the other one...

God says:
You're Impossible!
The Devil says:
Yep, I'm possible!

Perhaps the whole 'sell-your-soul-to-the-devil' is a clever game designed to keep us busy - and ultimately an excuse to let us keep our souls...I mean, that IS the prize, isn't it?

And what if we technically already own it but have forgotten this? Then we need some theatrical help to spur our memories, perhaps.

Or maybe it isn't a LIFE sentence but rather 25-to-30-with-time-off-for-good-behavior?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man

"Idiots"? I see you have a lot of anger in your heart, despite your professed beliefs. Calling people names on this site is a violation of the T&C.

A big assumption on your part, I'm afraid, as is the rest of your statement and your assumptions about my beliefs and/or behavior. You're off on your own little fantasy.

I'm terribly sorry. I mean no disrespct to you personally, but I don't believe your little fairy tale. I suspect your Mommy told it to you enough times that you have come to believe it beyond any rational thought whatsoever. I'm sure it is 'true' for you because you believe it so ardently. Fortunately, it's not true for billions of others who don't have to succumb to your BS.

'Idiots' is not really a very strong word, though, is it, schuyler?

Believe me, I didn't mean any offence to you personally. I use terms like that in order to get people's attention....since 'humouring' them often doesn't get the message across, and somehow conveys the thought that people (like me) would be complicit or approving of some of the opinions expressed on here.......which I am not.

It's sad that you say "'FORTUNATELY' it's not true for billions of others...."

What is so fortunate about that?

Btw.....I know from personal experience that God is real. It's not something that I learned from my mother.

But....your argument is with God, not with me.

If you think that God is not real, and not in control, and doesn't have a rightful claim on your life, then I respectfully suggest that you wait until one minute after death before forming any response to this claim.

Kind regards.

Btw....you say that my usage of this word violates the T and C. Maybe it does.

But maybe sometimes people need to be woken up to the reality, no matter how harsh it may seem at the time......'cruel to be kind, and all that'

Which is better........to go along with the 'party line' and agree with everything everybody says, in order to not offend or upset them............or to stand up for the truth?

I choose the latter.

Besides, Jesus referred to people in far stronger terms than I have. He called them 'broods of vipers', for one thing.

Sometimes people just need to be told that everything is 'not alright', regarding what views they hold.

The world has become too PC, in my opinion.

They are in for a rude awakening.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Old Man]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The escapees were like what ya wanna do that for and the

R. Johnson character replied... "well I wasn't using it!"

Now...that is hilarious!

----------------

Originally posted by mrwupy
So God is bi-polar? I've never actually considered that until I read your words. This is both hilarious and disturbing.

Yet somehow strangely appropriate, no?

----------------

I see you have a lot of anger in your heart, despite your professed beliefs.

But you've got UGLY all over your avatar~!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
if there was a documented way to sell your soul to the devil... i would do it

i'd sell my soul for an end to world hunger or war
some noble cause like that

You make me feel like a total heel, madness! I used mine up on 'sing like Janis Joplin!'

Even worse, I don't even go to Karaoke to share it with the world!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join