It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone sucessfully sold their soul to the devil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Im wondering if anyone has sold their soul to the devil, specifically someone on this board. Many people say that their Indigo children and light warriors and UFO abductees, so maybe people on here also have sold their souls.
I've heard about Bob Dylan, and the blues singer, and the song crossroad blues, but does anyone have their own personal story? What did you trade your soul for and did you recieve it? Also, if you did, what did the entity look like? I've heard stories that the devil came in all his demonic hooves and fur etc, and hes also been described as a well dressed sly man, kind of like how he is portrayed in movies etc.
Just curious if anyone out there has done this, or attempted to, and would like to hear the stories.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
wow how can you possibly sell your soul to the devil??

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by da king

it is soooo easy! just try running for political office... these people called "lobbyists" will call you on the phone...they are satans lower henchmen and they will instuct you in the "ways"

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by da king

Its simple , just start a ebay auction on your soul. I bet you will get some bids.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I dont know if their true or not the stories but i dont think its that far fetched (based on my religious viewpoint). Its possible but might be hard. But ehh, just Snopes it or Google

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

I have always thought that Johnny Cochran sold his soul to Satan. He won a impossible case and died three years later from a brain tumor. So IMO yes it is possible. Is it worth it? Probably not. Poor ole Johnny only got to bask in his success for a measly three years.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sell my soul to the devil, no but I think bart simpson did..but managed to get it back somehow..

but If I did sell it what is there that i could purchase with it? It seems as though hell would be like a lame garage sale. its all used garbage or stuff I've already got.. wait.. what if you could sell other peoples souls so that you could get a better one? not really lose anything just trade up!

people in history who sold out... Hitler, Osama, and every freak who abuses children.. yeah they probably are soulless..

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Makes me think of the guy who walked into work one day and quit. Telling everyone he was going to win a huge lotto the next day. He was quite sure of his self. And he did win. Mortal pleasure for 80 odd years or an eternity of fire. Your call.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Many moons ago I posted a thread looking at the concept of "How to sell your soul to the devil" which in my eyes is pretty much a "catch-22" situation if you think about it logically. I'll post my original post on the idea, just for kicks. I think I've changed my view on it a bit, but here goes:

Do I need to use quotation tags if I'm repeating myself?

But then I thought about it a bit. Can you actually sell your soul to the devil?
1. First you need to believe that you actually have a soul.

2. Secondly you need to believe that the devil\Satan\Lucifer exists. Which is a bit controversial because if you believe in the devil, then you'll probably believe in hell and everything that come with the package. I.e. who in his right mind is up for torture, pain and torment for the rest of eternity?

3. So you decide you want to sell your soul to the devil... How do you contact him? Is there a hotline to hell...? (Hope someone got that one... )

4. OK, so you phone up the devil and he actually answers. Who says he wants to buy your soul? If you are a Christian (or one of the other religions), then you believe that your God/god is your saviour. If not, then you are going to hell anyway. So in order for the devil to be up for the transaction, then you must have a valuable soul to buy, right? Like, let's say the Pope. But then if the Pope decides to sell his soul to the devil, then he would by definition not be a Christian anymore, i.e. the devil has claim to his soul anyway! Sounds like a catch 22...

5. Say you convince the devil that you have a soul worth buying, would the price be right? Would he buy your soul for $10,000,000? Or would you need to negotiate the price? Would you end up paying with your soul and a left arm for $3,000,000 and the ability to charm any girl? And what's the current going price for souls anyway?

6. OK, so you sold your soul and your left arm for a couple of greenbacks... You spend it all in a year, end up on the street, and realize that you are now screwed. Can you go confess your sins before God/your god and you get your soul back? Or is there no turning back once you sold your soul, no matter how much you pray or accept Jesus or one of the other gods as your Saviour?

To me it looks a bit over the top to try and sell your soul to the devil. He would be a fool to buy anyone's soul... (Dare I say that!?) To the occultists: Is it really possible to sell your soul to the devil or any other being - human or non-human - for that matter?

Are there actually any records of people selling their souls to the devil? There's the legend of Faust or Faustus, that Fiddle player down in Georgia, David Copperfield, a new entry on the list, David Blaine and then we saw it on the movie Bedazzled as well... To name but a few.
But where do all of these legends come from? Folklore or actual historic events?

=== End "quote"

It was a bit of a tongue-in-the-cheek take on it, but the fact remains that a soul (some scientists would argue that the soul does not exist) is not a commodity in the "earthly" sense of the word.

All that said, I think Kinglizard's take would be my favourite:

Your soul doesn't belong to you, it belongs to god so you aren't in the position to sell it to anyone for anything.

You may want to send orangetom1999 a U2U. He seems/seemed to know a lot about the topic.

Oh, and if have a minute to spare, Mr Wupy's take was an entertaining read as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
By request, a bit of history on where this idea came from. The most commonly accepted version is from the 1930's "Crossroads Blues" where a musician named Robert Johnson claimed to have sold his soul to the devil in exchange for the ability to play music. Some references can be found here:

www.mudcat.org...

www.vagablogging.net...

www.stormloader.com...

That and his extraocular vision made him a man of mysterious talent (close up here: www.cascadeblues.org... ). His popularity soared. Blues being the heart of rock and roll, we now know why such a transaction is associated with rock 'n roll and why metal has the demonic edge.

The idea that one makes a deal with evil to get something they badly desire is not a new one. Many Greek tragedies were based on this nature.

Can one make a deal with devil? Absolutely and it happens all the time. It doesn't require elaborate ritual (although I know people who have used ritual to commune with him) and is indeed more binding than any contract us humans can make. So what is actually happening in the agreement? Essentially it is this, the devil may say "I will give you [this] and in exchange you willfully give up control/your right to choose". It's that simple really, doesn't require a pen, a lawyer, or any other legalistic nonsense. Is it irreversible? Only by God's intervention or His allowance for it to happen...aka, it's a VERY dangerous and eternal thing to play with.

The devil has tried some agreements before, both in Job and with Jesus:

"Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'

Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." - Matthew 4:5-9

Yes ladies and gentlemen, the devil quotes scripture.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Frankly, hell sounds like a much more interesting place than Heaven. Who wants to sit around the feet of God amongst fawning Christians all paying homage? Boooooorrrring. On the other hand, there are so many interesting people in Hell. Bertrand Russell, for example, who specifcally asked to go there. Rosemary will be there, too.

But even if you did manage to sell your soul to the devil, it is not an irreversible transaction. Just read The Devil and Daniel Webster for a good example of this. A simple farmer sold his soul. He had seven years of good luck and good crops that made him rich. the Devil came to collect his due. He resisted. They had a trial. And Daniel Webster got him off. Justice prevailed.

P.S. I wonder if the "Crossroads Blues" tale inspired "Oh, God, you Devil" which has essentially the same theme.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Frankly, hell sounds like a much more interesting place than Heaven. ... Boooooorrrring.

Who said heaven was boring? Who said hell was interesting?

Bertrand Russell, for example, who specifcally asked to go there. Rosemary will be there, too.

Haha, who's the sheep now?

But even if you did manage to sell your soul to the devil, it is not an irreversible transaction. Just read The Devil and Daniel Webster for a good example of this. A simple farmer sold his soul. He had seven years of good luck and good crops that made him rich. the Devil came to collect his due. He resisted. They had a trial. And Daniel Webster got him off. Justice prevailed.

This is a true story you say?

P.S. I wonder if the "Crossroads Blues" tale inspired "Oh, God, you Devil" which has essentially the same theme.

Probably, the theme has been heavily played in music, movies, and other pop media for decades. It's got that "air of mystique" people tend to crave.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Its simple , just start a ebay auction on your soul. I bet you will get some bids.

I guarantee that you would get some serious bidders on this one. Do you remember the episode of the Simpsons where Bart sold his soul to Millhouse, and was tormented by his mind and the thoughts of not having a soul anymore?

On a more focused note, I have never heard of anyone actually selling their soul, and having documented proof. The closest i have heard is the myth of early 20th century blues guitarist, Robert Johnson. he allegedly sould his soul to the devil in order to gain fame and play the guitar like no one else. Again this is just a myth.

That story was loosely dramatized in the film "Crossroads" with Ralph Macchio.

Aside from that, I know of no successful sales of souls, but the ebay idea has legs in my opinion

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Who said heaven was boring? Who said hell was interesting?

I did. I said Hell 'sounds more interesting.' From accounts I've read, though I've never met anyone who spent any serious time there--yet. The Christian version of Heaven sounds boring to me. I would much prefer the Muslim version, with 72 black eyed versions and all. Two or three would be fine with me. I don't want to kill anyone to qualify for the higher number. Besides, they must be running out. I don't want to be greedy.

Haha, who's the sheep now?

I don't understand the comment. I'd rather be somewhere with interesting people than to be in the company of worshipful Christians, that's all. It's just a personal preference.

This is a true story you say?

Did I say that? I don't think I did. It's a great story--and a great movie, at least the 1941 version. I've not seen the 2004 version.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Blues being the heart of rock and roll, we now know why such a transaction is associated with rock 'n roll and why metal has the demonic edge.
]

With all due respect, I get SO TIRED of this "rock is evil" crapola.

There are plenty of Christian mainstream hard rock bands: Evanescence, Flyleaf, and I suspect Collective Soul to name just three.

Not to digress, but everyone wants to paint bands like Led Zeppelin as in league with Satan because if you play "Stairway to Heaven" backwards and blah blah blah.

Led Zeppelin did an album two or three years later with a song on it called "In My Time of Dying." The singer prominently and loudly sings a refrain of "Oh, My Jesus." You can hear the sincerity in his voice.

So-called demonic bands like Black Sabbath admit to promoting an evil persona more out of a "Halloween" type of motivation. Ozzy Osborne has said as much. With all the other bands doing peace and love in the sixties, they wanted to scare the Hell out of people, to paraphrase him. IT WAS A MARKETING TOOL.

I'm not going to argue that there are NO rock stars in league with Satan, but to dismiss an entire genre as being evil? No way.

Demonism in rock is a way for both rock bands and televangelists to make money.

'Nuff Said.

I believe Gemwolf's post is entirely logical and well thought out, but it IS possible to sell your soul. I suspect that the person selling his soul ends up with far less than the purchase price, as the demons have no reason to hold up their end of the contract once you've invited them in.

[edit on 10/2/07 by Zane Zackerly]

[edit on 10/2/07 by Zane Zackerly]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly
With all due respect, I get SO TIRED of this "rock is evil" crapola.

I agree it is crapola, I was just explaining why the association is there in the first place.

So-called demonic bands like Black Sabbath admit to promoting an evil persona more out of a "Halloween" type of motivation. Ozzy Osborne has said as much.

As an ex-Ozzy fan, his lyrics are pretty despressing. I was listening to him when I was going through my depression and knew the words. Black Sabbath...no birds and rosegardens there.

IT WAS A MARKETING TOOL.

More than likely, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss meaning. Somebody somewhere has a message to get out and it got out.

Does this somehow justify rock bands using it? I'm not sure what's being said here.

By the way Zane, if it ever feels like I'm picking on you, it's only because I like your answers and am comfortable pushing a little harder than most folks.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Does this somehow justify rock bands using it? I'm not sure what's being said here.

By the way Zane, if it ever feels like I'm picking on you, it's only because I like your answers and am comfortable pushing a little harder than most folks.

No worries here.

I only have a problem with the "You believe X so you're a nut case" crowd.

As for "justifying" rock bands using a certain theme or another, I think it's irrelevant.

I have Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and I disapprove of 90% of the tactics marketers use.

I actually object more to politicians using "it's for the children" as a marketing tool than some rock band using "scary" themes.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would not sell my soul to anyone but I would consider a short-term lease agreement if the terms were favorable.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

By request, a bit of history on where this idea came from. The most commonly accepted version is from the 1930's "Crossroads Blues" where a musician named Robert Johnson claimed to have sold his soul to the devil in exchange for the ability to play music. ...

The idea that one makes a deal with evil to get something they badly desire is not a new one. Many Greek tragedies were based on this nature.

Specifically the Christian devil also occurs way before the 20th C.The classic story is the Germanic tale of Faust (folk tale from at least the high medieval period and probably older as retold by, amongst others, Marlowe, Goethe, Lenau and Thomas Mann).

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I offered my soul for sale to the devil, but he didnt want to pay the price

<<   2  3  4 >>

join