It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Rambo' Stallone film crew witness Burma atrocities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

HOLLYWOOD star Sylvester Stallone and his Rambo sequel movie crew have witnessed human atrocities while filming along the Burmese border.

"I witnessed the aftermath – survivors with legs cut off and all kinds of land mine injuries, maggot-infested wounds and ears cut off. We saw many elephants with blown off legs. We hear about Vietnam and Cambodia and this was more horrific," Stallone told Associated Press.

"Shots were fired over the film crew's heads and we did receive threats," he said.

Stallone said families of the Burmese extras in the movie were imprisoned. He plans to bring survivors before the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) board to raise the profile of their plight.

"I was being accused, once again, of using the Third World as a Rambo victim. The Burmese are beautiful people. It's the military I am portraying as cruel," he said.

source

Hopefully, this will bring a greater awareness to what is and has happened in Burma. I pray that with greater International pressure the Military will be overthrown and their intention of 'disciplined democracy' is replaced with a 'true democracy'.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
And I sincerely hope we let the Burmese people settle their own problems and for us to stay the hell out of their internal affairs.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If you watch the movie you see a lot of these atrocities depicted by Hollywood.

The one I remember most thoroughly is when the militia tosses land mines in rice fields and makes innocent civilians run across the field.

new topics

top topics

join