It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

implants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
implants?

are humans next???

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What's interesting about the article, and something that I wasn't aware of, is that these chips only cost $20.00 (normally $40) for your dog. The link mentioned that a few humane societies send pets out the door "snipped and chipped". I didn't realize these microchips were all that common.

Ah, I'm sure something will spark people's interests to the point that they want to have a chip implanted for 'safety' purposes.

Eh, no thanks. I'm not a barcode and I do not want to be scanned...any more than I already am.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I can't see people willingly getting such implants...you'll notice that no creature willingly gets it..only those without a say.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well heres something for you. RC Rats, the goverment has them looking for OBL. I want one.
abcnews.go.com...

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I remember reading something on an official Freemason site about CHIPS, their program for Mason parents to implant microchips in their kids. I forgot what the reason was, possibly location. Do a search right here on ATS, it'll come up.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
From time to time I've thought that humans should be born with a hard-coded IP address (forum owners around the planet should agree with this!). Perhaps this could be the first step on this path?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Interesting. Scary if it falls into the wrong hands.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i can see a military use for this. you can moniter all the vitals of your soldiers and exact locations constantly. another use would be your young children. young children you ask? thats right. use it in part with the amber alert system. put in a chip in chidren that can be turned by the child's parents if the child is missing and then law enforce ment can locate the child and check if the childs hurt just by the information from the chip. once the child turned 18 or 19 the chip could be removed or a chip that decayed over time and would be of no use when the child turned 18 or 19.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Apart from location-chips.

The 'father of the internet' and his wife are developing a net-service that allows you to speak a search term, then it searches, and reads back the searches directly to your head.

It is being developed for the deaf mainly, his wife is 1/2 deaf, and she has a special machine that turns sound into electronic signals and then vibrates her ear-drums to allow her to hear it. It can work both ways, your vocal vibrations can be read to electronic signals too, you don't even have to speak, just 'practically' speak, like, saying hello without actually opening your mouth or making the tongue shapes.

Add to this wireless capabilities.

Add to this contact lenses with display screens.

You could have a 'telepathic' race of humanity, who can constantly communicate directly with anyone, anywhere, anytime. As well as look up and find anything. Voice would no longer be necessary. You could think things to your friends, not go to school but still hear your teacher.

Its amazing, and terrifying.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
MrJingles it already is! not your heads means wrongs hands, government sees you!

SpittinCobra - lol! i want one too! where to order them?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FourOceans
implants?

are humans next???

Implants...mmm.... humans.... only if they're a pair of 36C's attached to a hot chicky!

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by DiabolusKlown]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Implants in people to hear, implants in people to see, implants in people to locate, implants in people to tell if they are alive... soon this will all be standard instead of just specific cases, that's what is scary. Implants in animals only cost $40! How cheap is that? The government could easily levy a $40 tax when a child is born to implement the chip into people. It's easy to install, cheap, useful.. it's only a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
britneys already got 'em.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Implants in humans has been a worry of mine for a long time. I was very dismayed when I read articles about a public elementary school in New York using RFID tags on necklaces to help keep track of students. Rather than implants, they are worn around the neck. IMO I think this is an accilimation step to get people used to being monitored before implants are used on humans.

Hopefully I can skate by this due to the barcode on my leg.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a followup to the story

The microchip, a little larger than a grain of rice, is on the tip of a disposable syringe, packaged with a bar code. The chip can be detected by a scanner the size of a TV remote control...It's now standard practice in humane societies to scan found lost pets to detect microchip IDs.

Standard practice and it was just invented! Gotta love technology

A microchip is not a GPS, or global positioning system, that can track the location of a lost pet, Santana said. Rather, it's a permanent identification system that can help owners be reunited with their lost pets, he said.

Only a matter of time before the government decides that a GPS inside the same chip would be useful.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Okay... a few bits of info here:

Chips aren't new. They've been chipping animals for at least 5 years.

You can't track an animal with a chip because it's passive. Doesn't broadcast anything. You have to run a wand over the animal to get a reading from the chip (and the wand has to be 3-5 inches away from the critter's body.)

The first humans to be chipped were chipped with a similar passive device about a year ago. They're a family who has a number of life-threatening diseases.

It hasn't caught on. The service that's more in demand is the cell phone location service.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
FourOceans write:

are humans next?

yes of course they're next. Of course its going to happen, its evolution. nothing is impossible and all will happen over time, but I think it will happen within the next 50 years actually. It's already begun in South Australia with the police force creating a nationwide database of DNA, which the police FORCE ANYONE who gets arrested and taken to a watchouse or jail for even a night, or even charged with anything. Yes, if you have a few drinks and take a leak outside as nature ordains it, and the pigs come along they will arrest you, take your TV, fingerprint you, digitally photograph you and virtually barcode you. This happened to me about 2 months ago when I'd had a lot to drink, was wandering around near a parked car and the police arrested me thinking I was trying to steal the car. In fact I have to go to court tomorrow, and even had to hire a lawyer $1000. There is no freedom in this country only injustice. With the DNA technology they can take DNA from a scene of a crime, put it into the computer and if somehow it matches yours taken from when u were arrested then you go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200. A DNA match will send u to jail without you getting a say. Say for example you were at this friends house the day before, then the next day a drug dealer goes to his house and they both get arrested, take DNA evidence off the carpet for some reason, it matchhes yours and u get arrested. This DNA finding thing hasn't happened to me but I'm just giving you an example of how virtual DNA barcoding destroys freedom and creates injustice.

top topics

join