It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

martial law roundup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
for whatever reason
TSHTF and martial law has been declared

speaking for myself
ex air force weapons tech / criminal record with violence/gun use

i give myself 3 choices

1 escape & evade
2 shot while " resisting " ( after finding out my background )
3 submit and spend the rest of my life as slave labour

i see the martial law forces putting " possible problems " into catagories

1 shoot on sight ( looters, anyone who even slightly resists authority )
2 shoot after background check ( anyone who may/could cause trouble )
3 so-so background check ( possible slave labour )
4 let the meek and intimidated live ( possible collaborators/spys )

would the martial law forces have a list to work from ?

former military personnel
people with violent criminal records
people / leaders who could rally the population or speak out

and so,
if/when martial law is declared
and you see forces coming down your street, going door to door

what will you be thinking ?

sidenote: would martial law forces shoot americans " on sight "

WASHINGTON -- A little-noticed provision in the proposed immigration bill
would grant instant legal status and ultimately full citizenship
to illegal immigrants if they enlist in the US military,

www.boston.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As much as I see martial law as an eventual inevitablity, I can't see a total roundup of all stragglers in the boonies as being worth the effort for the gov't. They'll have to control the cities and with that, they'll have thier hands full. At least for a while they will. Since I live in the boonies already, I hope to have time to ponder my next move.

OTOH if they start out going after everybody no matter where they are, we're all screwed. Technology is just too great. Then again, they can't find Osama.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
"3 submit and spend the rest of your life as slave labourer is not an option. Escape & evade is the best option, why get into a shoot out unless you are cornered and out of options. Now is the time to find places to hide out if the shtf.

How do we get back to normal? First, I suggest procuring the uniform of one of these officers, as well as multiple disguises to help blend if you have to travel. False Id's would help to go along with the disguise.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CANADIAN-guerilla

I don't think many on here will disagree with number one. Most of us as survivors relies a fight will get you killed and death is the opposite of survival.

Slavery is also the opposite of survival in my opinion. So that doesnt leave me and mine many other choices.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Remember that if you have children or significant others in schools or other government facilities that you may not be able to get to them before the cops or military. What do you do if you have someone you care for in the camps? Try to rescue them? Hope their captors never find out about you?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
When 9/11 happened I was really convinced that martial law would be declared.
At that time, I lived in Boise Idaho and there were so many rumors going around that the West Coast was going to be hit and Seattle was either already hit or they suspected it was about to be hit..
I was at work at HP when all this went down, just started there to but when the towers began to fall, i took that as my cue to leave work and pick my son up from his 2nd grade class..
Luckily, obviously, it didnt happen but I am still convinced that when the next terrorist action happens, staged or not, the entire country will be placed on lockdown..
When that happens you WILL come to know Blackwater USA very well

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Honestly I think that martial law will occur when something so big happens that it pretty much takes out the majority of the population. There's just not enough man power to round up every one. So something has to happen first.

In such an event I'm prepared. No criminal background as fare as I know not enough military experience to clean a weapon, I’m already a laborer and not much of a threat to any one so I've got all bases covered so fare.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by pweagle]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I have heard that "The Man" has been building prisons in the U.S. to hold Americans who "get in the way" and also that the U.S. Government has missles pointed at major U.S. cities that might start an uproar,Has anybody else heard these rumors? If and When Martial Law hits Im wondering how we can start an organized rebellion, Im all about survival, but I would rather fight in a resistance than run and hide while they gain more power.Im wondering if the Government can really do round ups, We out number any force that might come to collect, unless were talking about other countries armys geting involved. If the man ever starts doing nation wide firearm roundups then we know for sure whats coming next, Thank God we have our guns....Scratch that..Thank our Founding Farhers we have our guns.

top topics

join