It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burma: Thousands dead in massacre of the monks dumped in the jungle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
Firstly, what it is going on in the mind of the soldiers? - Do they hate the monks?

I support the Coalition in Iraq, every soldier is just doing their duty. No matter what politics are behind it. They are where they because thats part of the job.

These soldiers killing monks to me classify as mass murderers.

What can we do?? Who is getting involved? this situation has escalated so quickly

You do know that Christian soldiers were enlisted to kill the monks don't you? That way they were guaranteed to fire.

[edit on 3-10-2007 by deessell]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Not only that, they also made special groups consisting out of prisoners and your friendly neighbour thug. Not known what is promised to them. But they seem to like giving defenceless people a good beating.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Upto 4000 detainees. But nobody knows exactly, it could be more. There are 1700+ monks and nuns going to be replaces according various sources. And no im not gonna list every source, google around and you will find them too

Deathtoll much higher : Various sources, google is your friend. Even ATS is your friend, sources listed in the Burma thread.
How come you believe official sources? Did you check up all threads and on Burma before you wrote that here? I dont think so. Please do.

Food : The details are unknown : They are getting food. Nobody said its in the afternoon , what is your source? The sources which also came with other news say that the Army gives them food but they dont accept food from Army due to their believes. That's something else as what you are saying.

Foto of Monk : You are kidding right? ?
Did you actually follow the events? I find it hard to believe you did.
If you did, you would have known the following :
- Internet : blocked , no foto's can be sent.
- Foto camera's are being taken away.
- People with cameras are being imprisoned.
- Journalists being intimidated.
- Mobile lines shut down.
etc etc etc , I doubt we will see much more pictures.
If you followed the whole event you would have also noticed that the flow of pictures stopped allready since last friday.
Also, if it is true they where taken to the jungle to be shot, do you believe the army would allow people to come and take pics and then send it out? Come on..
Some dead are cremated, you will not see pictures of those. They did the same thing with the 88 revolt. Burned dead and alive people. No traces. Sources are in threads.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't understand what people expect the UN to do. They don't have a mandate to do anything inside Burma. It's an internal affair. If the Burmese are going to be free then it is up to the Burmese to free themselves. It sucks but that's how it is.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
HOLY MOTHER. Are you serious! several thousand dead! These guys are worse then China. Good lord. Well, that's what you get in a radical Muslim theocracy. It's just like the Catholics vs the Protestants. Sorry guys, it's history repeating itself. Watch now as the rest of the nation rises up in anger. Only more death shall come of this.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Gorman91]

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Good lord. Well, that's what you get in a radical Muslim theocracy.

?????
?????????
??????????
????????????
???????

Hrmf... Sure you're not in the wrong thread? ...you do know it's Burma we're talking about? ...and we're trying to deny ignorance.

(FYI, Burma is a Buddhist country -90%-)

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

My mistake, I thought this was Bangladesh, just a few ways north of it. They all sound the same to me. Well, rather then a Radical Muslim theocracy, let me revise that to this: That's what you get from a radical Communist theocracy.

Any who, the lots of the governments there are the same. They need a good Simón Bolívar. Someone to unite the masses and throw over the whole lot of the Muslim/Communist/Dictator reigns. Buddhism is the only thing these people need, and even that's under assault there. Poor folks.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Some photos...
Violence and bloodshed are included in those photos.

Check that post niknayman's blog.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

Hezbollah was retailiating for Israel's illegal invasion of Lebanon: It's called "self defense", ever hear of it?

And NO, I am NOT surprised the UN didn't step in: The Israelis attacked the UN post, or did you conveniently forget that fact?

No, back on topic, where you should stay: Thailand is suppresssing this info, and I think I know why.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alupang

Yes, illegal invasion, just like firing missiles into towns and hiding in occupied schools as shields isn't illegal. Don't call Israel a murderer when the Hezbalahs have got more blood on their hands then Stalin. Did YOU conveniently forget their base in south America or their attacks on Jews there?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.lebaneselobby.org...

video.google.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join