It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grizzly bear's in Manitoba?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Any wildlife biologist here? If so, do you think there could be a few grizzly bear’s inhabiting Manitoba? Historically the area held a population of grizzlies, but has always been better known for its polar bears. The grizzly range in Canada is pretty sketchy and varies from expert to expert, but I understand there are Grizzly bears in the barrens of Nunavut and in the N.W.T. so it’s conceivable. The vast wilderness and small human population might make it hard to know. Thanks in advance for any responses. Sorry if this question isn't 'crypto' enough, but I thought it would be the best place to post it.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well you would have to think with global warming and shrinking artic areas, the grizzly bear's habitat could extend to higher latitudes.

With Grizzly and Polar bears competing for the same food source I would imagine it would lead to a decline in both species, but I would say the Polar bear would come out as the loser. Polar bears are only designed to hunt on the ice, and are not build for chasing down prey.

join