It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it about getting drunk that does it for you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Now, I don't like getting drunk. I have done many times in the past when I was a student but I never really enjoyed it. I can't stand not being in control of myself and the talking of complete rubbish and then theres the hangovers.....

To me its just not worth it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not T-total and do enjoy going out for a couple of beers or whatever but I never let myself get trashed anymore.

I seem to be in a minority though (especially in the UK) because most people here love nothing more then to go out of a weekend and get fully bladdered. So, If your a :w: then tell me whats so good about it, tell me why you feel the need to get to the stage where you can't stand up and end up on the floor

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I do love to drink..but very rarely do I get to the point where I cannot walk, or pass out..I prefer to space it out and just keep the good feeling going..
To me..I just like to have a good time..It makes me a little more fun to be around as I get less shy..more outgoing..less inhibited..which can be good or bad...
I rarely drink hard stuff with the exception of vodka, I usually stick with beer,and it does not help that I love the taste of it...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Drinking is my favourite past time.
I never drink in the house, apart from the occassional house party.
I drink with my friends and family. I never drink alone.
I drink every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and usually 1 day during the week.
When I go out, I drink a lot, a helluva lot, by anyone's imagination.
I like the taste of my drinks of choice.
I have a large capacity for alcohol, I like it like that. (Apart from the expense)
I like being "half cut", it's a good, happy, merry feeling, especially when with those I chose to be with and are like minded.
I don't ever instigate violence, ever.
I don't ever get abusive.
I am very selective about who I discuss "serious" subjects with when I am drinking.
I always try to be respectful to other people when drinking.
I sometimes have one over the top, but then I just get sentimental.

Alcohol is a wonderful creation and should be celebrated.
The problem is not the alcohol, the problem's lie with the individuals and is merely a reflection of society and the individuals that comprise society.

Drinking oneself senseless holds no appeal to me.
Why spend all that money to feel ill and then not even remember what you did whilst getting ill. Beyond me.

Me, I like to have a laugh and a good craic on.

I love drinking me!

Sorry if I've rambled on, been for a few and a ruby with the trouble and the daughter for the daughter's birthday.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yeah....... I would have to agree with access. Drinking allows me to loosen up a bit too. I never loose control of what I'm doing, or even start fights. I am a happy drunk.

Drinking can be fun, as long as you do it responsibly. Set rules for yourself and follow them. I like to just keep the "buzz" going.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Drinking became a serious problem for me. I haven't had a drink for over 6 years. I basically developed a serious problem after my father died and it progressively got worse over the course of the next 15 years.

I am truly grateful today for my sobriety, my life and the love I have from a truly wonderful woman. I am blessed!

What did it for me when I was drinking? Hiding from life and my feelings....I was committing slow suicide...a cowards suicide!!

I'll tell you this, I DO NOT miss hangovers!!

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Once in a great while, I like to get a little bit buzzed, like from a glass of wine. Just for special occasions -- like Thanksgiving dinner, or my birthday.

But I haven't had a drink in years because the meds I'm on are too hard on my liver as it is.

Rats. Now I'd like a half glass of zinfandel. Why did I read this thread again?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Alcohol is a wonderful creation and should be celebrated.
The problem is not the alcohol, the problem's lie with the individuals and is

[edit on 1-10-2007 by Freeborn]

thank you thank you, excellent point freeborn

you basically said what i wanted to say in this thread in the rest of your post

cheers friend, bottoms up!:w:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i drink 1 beer on paddy's day every year. thats all the booze i have.

my wife and i go to dinner quite a bit and if we are feeling spunky, we get virgin drinks....

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Luv the drinky!!!! :w:

I could never have a drinking problem, cus I hate drinking too much and getting trashed. I just like to catch a nice relaxing buzz and then nurse it. Mostly at a club or bar, sometimes one or two before bed.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thats it isn't it i guess, drinking enough to feel merry but knowing your limits and knowing when to stop. I actually went out the other night to watch some friends play acoustic stuff and I didn't drink at all when everyone else was going for it. Gotta be honest it wasn't all that fun watching other people getting pished!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Yeah i love to have a drink but not to where i can not stand up anymore
it is great that where friends get together & chat laugh about old times & sit & relax

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Drinking i find is a social thing, theres nothing better than having all your mates around and having a couple beers

Although i agree it makes most people more confident... i believe it brings out the " " in somepeople too.
I think for some people it more about how much you can drink....thats what is was for me as a kid....how much you could drink before you passed out! now i just like the odd one here and there unless i feel like a few

bottoms up all

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
it's probably the lack of caring about anything at the moment save for the moment that gets me. no worries, no cares, just friends and rum

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I don't like to go past two beers anymore ever. I used to when I was young and dumb but not now. I like to sip on a beer and practice guitar. Plus it helps me to rest. You folk may have "never" been so tired you couldn't sleep before. It helps to relax tense muscles.

top topics

join