It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowboys Re-instating Their Dominance!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
They should rest T.O. until the playoffs start. Shoot, maybe give Romo a break too.

I agree. They should sit both of them next week. Homefield advantage is not that important. They should worry about being healthy for the playoffs, and not about how cold it's going to be at the end of January in Lambeau.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Musky, the cold is not so much an issue as the atmosphere.. Dallas has never won a game at Lambeau field. We are 0-5 there...:shk:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Musky, the cold is not so much an issue as the atmosphere.. Dallas has never won a game at Lambeau field. We are 0-5 there...:shk:

The cold is a big part of the atmosphere. I think Favre and the Pack win that game in the cold at Lambeau. In Dallas, it's a much tougher job. I'm sure the Cowboys don't want to come to Lambeau just as much as the Packers don't want to go to Dallas. Of course, there are a few games to play first for both teams.

The Pack could have a tough one tomorrow in Chicago. The Bears' defense is going to be ready to play, however, with their QB situation, the Packers should be able to score enough to win. I thought Carolina would give Dallas a game tonight, but it obviously wasn't enough.

I hate to think too far ahead, but I'm really starting to anticipate the playoffs.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Musky]

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Musky]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
Complaining about the refs again, are we Novus? LOL.

Didn't you just say you didn't watch the game?

I know you're assuming that it isn't worth complaining about because I'm the one complaining, but it was clear garbage.

Do you think a CB jumping on a receiver's back before the ball gets there is pass interference?

Do you think catching the ball, getting 2 or 3 feet down with possession, falling down, hitting the ground, elbow hitting the ground, defenders touching you down and falling on you, and fumbling the ball out of bounds AFTER all of that is a catch?

Because that first one wasn't pass interference, and that second one wasn't a catch. Crazy that the CB committing the pass interference plays for Dallas, and that receiver that caught the ball and went to the ground with possession was Steve Smith of Carolina.

Both calls going for Dallas.

Please watch the highlights before assuming I'm wrong just because you think I shouldn't complain about officiating.

[edit on 12/23/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

LOL. Relax a little bit. You take this football watching way too personally. I was just pushing your buttons.

There have been more than a few complaints about a couple calls in that game, that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
The cold is a big part of the atmosphere. I think Favre and the Pack win that game in the cold at Lambeau. In Dallas, it's a much tougher job. I'm sure the Cowboys don't want to come to Lambeau just as much as the Packers don't want to go to Dallas. Of course, there are a few games to play first for both teams.

While it is true that Dallas isn't a great cold weather team, they are not like many other teams.. Dallas can function in it...Now, if you take a team like Miami,Tampa Bay or San Diego, that's a whole other issue... Those teams can't even function in cold weather...:shk:

I just personally rather see Dallas have to play GB in Dallas because of Dallas' history at Lambeau..

[edit on 23-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, see you guys in Dallas.

Normally I'd be confident in a comeback win considering Favre has that big 14 yards passing, but looking across the field at Kyle Orton being the QB, it's enough to scare anyone in to forgetting about the possibility of a comeback.

I mean, it is Kyle Orton. Kyle Orton.

....KYLE ORTON!

:shk:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Home Field throughout the playoff,baby. YEA,Yea... Cowboys basically hold their destiny in their own hands. Either they are in it to win it, or they're not. GO COWBOYS!!!! YEEEEE HAW!!!!

[edit on 23-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Either they are in it to win it, or they're not.

As if there's a third option?

You Dallas fans sure are arrogant. There's a one game difference in the standings and you guys already have your minds wrapped around a Super Bowl win.

Get through the divisional game before you start moving ahead.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
you guys already have your minds wrapped around a Super Bowl win.

Really?
I thought I'd already made it quite clear that I am not sure ANYONE can beat New England. Hmmm, guess not. People never fail to amaze me. :shk:

[edit on 24-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Arrogant? Nah we fans have high expectations that the Cowboys win the Superbowl. If their defense can somehow contain the Patriots, they win.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Get past the divisional round before you talk. I know you Cowboy fans tend to "forget" about the times where your team has played poorly this year and assume the whole season has been perfect unbeatable play, but perhaps you should take a look back and re-assess your chances. It could really spoil those so called high expectations.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
you should take a look back and re-assess your chances.

Re-read this thread. I (and others) have been very critical of Dallas' secondary defense. I still think they give up too much on the pass play. Luckily the offense can score enough to make up for their shortcomings. That or the defensive line makes up for it. (Like in the Green Bay game)

Still if Romo's thumb is better, it will take a good passing team to beat them. That means, Packers, Colts, or Patriots. I think they're good in the playoffs until they play Green Bay. That's going to be a close game.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
dbates, honestly, Dallas' defense gets better and better every week. I'm not sure that they win the game against Carolina without the play of their defense. If Dallas chooses to play their starting team against Washington, which I doubt, it will be to maintain an equalibrium and momentum.

Expect Dallas' defense to be stout throughout the playoffs. Dallas is on the mission to, at the very least, get to the NFC Championship, which quite honestly should have hap[pened last year.. I believe it will this year. I'm sticking by my prediction

Dallas and New England in the Super Bowl.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Maybe you should remember Favre's record in Texas Stadium.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, we've got the home field, but I'll be watching the game in WAS attentively. I'm looking forward to seeing how T Glenn has recovered. If he's right, and TO gets healthy, teams will no longer be able to double and triple TO like they've done lately. We're talking weapons on the level of NE. There's still the D to consider though.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Maybe you should remember Favre's record in Texas Stadium.

If that makes you feel better then by all means continue to think that has something to do with this. But last time I checked, a record had no bearing on that particular game.

You play that game. You play one game at a time. You don't play in the past, you don't live in the past, you just play that particular game.

If Dallas and Green Bay meet up in the Championship round, their records may as well be 0-0, and Favre's record in Dallas may as well be 0-0, because none of it matters once they get on the field. You and I both know that.

But like I said, if it makes you feel better, go right ahead and think it has some effect on the game. But I quite regretfully remember a certain dog fighter coming in to Green Bay and handing Green Bay it's first ever playoff defeat at home.

It happens.

Originally posted by resistor
We're talking weapons on the level of NE.

Settle down

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just a quick question: When did Dallas win a playoff game last? Been a while, I think...

Let's have them win a game in the playoffs before we annoint them the NFC champions. Couple of other teams might have a little somethin', somethin' to say about it in the end.

Green Bay and an underappreciated Seattle. See ya in the playoffs

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Arrogant? Nah we fans have high expectations that the Cowboys win the Superbowl. If their defense can somehow contain the Patriots, they win.

You should have said, if Tom Brady gets hit by a bus, they win.

Once again the real Superbowl will be played two weeks early, when the Pats play the Colts.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
and an underappreciated Seattle.

Just as long as Hasselbeck doesn't go saying they want the ball and they're going to score.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Why should I have to make myself feel better? We've got home field throughout, and whipped your butts once already this year. Put down the cheddar pipe.

And as to comparing the DAL O to that of NE, you do realize that we’re second only to NE in scoring, and Glenn has been out all year right? I think you’re the one trying to make yourself feel better. GB cool-aid >:w:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join