It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowboys Re-instating Their Dominance!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Williams is suspended for one game. I don't think it's going to make much of a difference, really...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

One game for the horse collar tackle on McNabb. I'm assuming he'll appeal. That hearing will be tomorrow.

[edit on 12/17/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yeah, well, he has been fined several times for that crap. He'll probably just have to take the suspension.. I like Roy Williams, he's a hell of aplayer. However, honestly, he has never been the best cover man. I am not sure who his fill in is though..

[edit on 17-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Williams is suspended for one game. I don't think it's going to make much of a difference, really...

It'll make a difference if they lose because he's not in there. Dallas has the tie breaker, but that means nothing if they finish 1-1 and Green Bay finishes 2-0.

I am not sure who his fill in is though..

Keith Davis according to the NFL.com depth chart

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

It'll make a difference if they lose because he's not in there. Dallas has the tie breaker, but that means nothing if Dallas finishes 1-1 and Green Bay finishes 2-0.

What I'm saying is that I don't think that if they lose, it will be because of his absence... If they lose, it'll be another one of those things where they go into a game underestimating their opponent, which quite honestly is what they have done for the last two weeks.

Also, I wouldn't count on GB going 2-0... The Bears are very capable of beating GB, as they have already shown this year

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Also, I wouldn't count on GB going 2-0... The Bears are very capable of beating GB, as they have already shown this year

Completely different situations. That was week 5. Green Bay wasn't sure where they'd be and where they were at. I'm sure they hoped they'd be at this spot at this point in the season, but they didn't know. For all they knew, they could have folded. It happens...i.e. Detroit.

But here we are, Week 15, 12-2, new life in the conference, things looking a little fragile in Dallas. It's different. This isn't the same situation, and that was really more of Green Bay beating themselves than Chicago beating them back in Week 5.

I don't expect Chicago to win.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

things looking a little fragile in Dallas.

For the last couple of weeks it certainly has, I agree. Dallas, for the last five or six years, has had bad Decembers.. Why? I haven't a clue.. I just hope they get their # together before January. However, if Dallas is expecting homefield, they had better win the next two games, regardless of whether GB wins or not.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Basically Dallas has to come out focused and hope Chicago can beat Green Bay. I think Washington will be a fairly tough match up. Washington will be trying to ruin Dallas' season if they're not still fighting for a playoff spot then.

You can basically forget about Detroit beating Green Bay. As long as we're talking about streaks, such as Green Bay's winless streak in Dallas, it's worth noting the 0-15 streak that Detroit has in Green Bay since 1991. Not to mention they're in a complete free fall.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Washington will be a challenge. I actually had more concern about the Washington game than Philadelphia.. I think Dallas will have to jump on Washington early if they are going to win the game. It's going to be in Washihington;it's going to be freaking cold, and it's not going to be a game where Dallas goes in pussy-footing around and still be able to win...:shk:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Can you hear that?

It sounds like a Panthers win....

It's getting close. I hear it though.

Can't you hear it?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Can you hear that?

It sounds like a Panthers win....

It's getting close. I hear it though.

Can't you hear it?

Yeah, will see in about an hour...

:shk:

Dallas 30

Carolina 10

Merry Christmas!!

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Hey I can't deny what I hear. It's just there. I have no control over it.

Dallas: 17
Carolina: 27

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well - Carolina sucks. I'm glad they got eliminated. That's what they get.

Besides that, great officiating. I'd expect nothing less in a Dallas game.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Excuses,excuses...

Anyway, I will say this, I am concerned by the fact that Dallas is gimping and limping at the wrong time of the year... Fortunately, I don't think any of their injuries are going to be prolonged. Although I'm not real sure about the status of Owens. :shk:

[edit on 22-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Excuses,excuses...

Right. Because I'm so sure you'd be standing up applauding the referees for good calls had a Carolina defender made that play on a Dallas receiver, and had a Dallas receiver caught that ball, gone to the ground, then dropped it about five seconds later and it's ruled incomplete.

Yeah - I'm positive you'd be in total agreement with it had that been your team.

:shk:

There's a difference between being glad your team got the benefit of a call, and being in denial that every call your team gets is completely legit.

[edit on 12/22/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The only real bad call I noticed was the one where Steve Smith caught the ball and they said it wasn't a catch. The one with Jacque Reeves, interference call, could have gone either way, to be honest..

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I couldn't watch this game as I can't get the NFL network on my cable. I heard there were a few injuries. Who on Dallas got banged up? Romo threw for some yards. Was his thumb an issue?

When Favre mangled his thumb several years back, he played poorly for a LONG time. His was really a mess, though.

Complaining about the refs again, are we Novus? LOL.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Musky]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
I couldn't watch this game as I can't get the NFL network on my cable. I heard there were a few injuries. Who on Dallas got banged up? Romo threw for some yards. Was his thumb an issue?

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Musky]

There were a couple of his passes that seemed to tail off, but all in all, his thumb seemed "ok." Owens, got hurt. How bad I don't know, They are saying prelimenarily that it's a high ankle injury, but one of the reporters said it looked more like a shin and achilles heel injury to him..:shk:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Dallas had the same thing happen to them last week I believe. That's when the referee said, "In the NFL....." Yeah, so basically they have high standards for what a catch is in the NFL. He should have held onto that ball if he wanted it badly enough. Personally I would have gave him the catch, but the rules do state that if you're hit before both feet are on the ground, you have to maintain control of the ball until the whistle blows.

Regardless, Caroliana only has one good player on the whole offense, and it aint the quarterback. To be fair their offensive line looked like they were paid off by the Cowboys. Dallas' defensive linemen were slipping through like greased pigs in the hands of 5 year olds. Pathetic pass protection. Meanwhile Romo is knitting sweaters while waiting for an open reciever. Got to hand it to the offensive line.

I think Romo's thumb is still bothering him a little but given a week off, it should be back in top form. They should rest T.O. until the playoffs start. Shoot, maybe give Romo a break too. The Redskins are so hit and miss we don't know if they'll be good or rotten this next week.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I think Romo's thumb is still bothering him a little but given a week off, it should be back in top form. They should rest T.O. until the playoffs start. Shoot, maybe give Romo a break too. The Redskins are so hit and miss we don't know if they'll be good or rotten this next week.

Well, that's part of the problem, you never know what Washington team is going to show up. You can bet that they'll be playing their "A-game" against Dallas, they generally do.

Dallas can't afford to lose to Washington, especially if Green Bay beats the Bears tomorrow. Now, if the Bears were to beat Green Bay then I'd expect Dallas to plat their second string team against Washington because Dallas has a tie-break with Green Bay..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join