It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowboys Re-instating Their Dominance!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The Redskins proved to be tougher than expected. Their new quarterback is turning out to be fairly good. Still, at the end of the day it was yet another win for the Dallas Cowboys. The Romo-TO pair is quite a match-up.

I also have to give credit to the Cowboys coaching staff. They've been making some great half-time adustments all year long. They way they exploited Washington's weakness in their zone defense with T.O. was hilarious. I can't believe they pulled that same play up the middle off two times in a row. Ha ha!

We still need to work on the pass defense but it's getting better. Can't wait for the Dallas Greenbay game.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, while I didn't think Washington would be much of a task, I'm not surprised that they were. The Cowboy-Redskin rivalry is probably the most vicious one in football, when those two teams play, you can put all of the records and statistics to the side because they don't really apply. :shk:

I will say that Dallas needs to strengthen their secondary particularly on Jacque Reeves' side. If they don't, it may prove to hurt them. However, what I noticed about Dallas is that when they needed to tighten up, in the red zone, they did so.. I don't think their are too many teams that are going to beat Dallas by kicking field goals.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Booo Ya!

Cowboys beat the Packers. 11 and 1 now, and after seeing the Patriots struggle against the Eagles this last week, is there hope? Can the Cowboys beat them if they match up in the Super Bowl? It's starting to look like a possibility.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
dbates, I think Dallas can, but they'll have to pressure Brady much like they did Favre. Philadelphia showed that if you take advantage of England's defense in the middle of the field and pressure Brady, you have a chance to beat them. We'll just have to wait and see. Of course, we have to get there first, which, I think Dallas will...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

IRVING, Texas - Brett Favre proved for 11 games that Canton-bound quarterbacks, even at 38 years old, can pick apart defenses if provided enough pocket time.

The Cowboys' defense never gave him that chance Thursday night, from his opening snap to cornerback Nate Jones' vicious second-quarter sack that knocked him out of the game with an elbow and shoulder injury.

Favre's shortened stat line in Green Bay's 37-27 loss here at Texas Stadium bore no resemblance to the season-long production (101.5 passer rating) bettered only by Tony Romo in the NFC. He completed 5 of 14 passes for 56 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions that resulted in 14 consecutive Cowboys points.
Cowboys #1

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
dbates, I think Dallas can, but they'll have to pressure Brady much like they did Favre. Philadelphia showed that if you take advantage of England's defense in the middle of the field and pressure Brady, you have a chance to beat them. We'll just have to wait and see. Of course, we have to get there first, which, I think Dallas will...

NE definitely did not play it's A game last week, esp. the defense. In addition to what you mentioned, Philly did a good job of clock management, keeping Brady off the field.

Can Dallas take them? Of course. On any given Sunday...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This thread needs some theme music. Yes, another shameless excuse to say "Go Cowboys!"

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Can Dallas take them? Of course. On any given Sunday...

Well, given the fact that the Baltimore Ravens should have beat New England on Monday night that just gives me more reason to think that New England isn't nearly as indestructible as some would have you believe.. Baltimore? :shk:

While I certainly don't think a win over New England would be easy in a Super Bowl, if there is any team in the NFC can do it, I'd say that Dallas can..

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, well, well

Go Carolina

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Pffft... Yeah, Novus... Dallas lost one... :shk: Now they have to either win both of their remaining twop games, or hope that GB loses with them... :shk: Damn, Romo played horribly against the Eagles, but, I knew he'd have an awful day eventually, all quaterbacks do... He certainly had one today...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What's up with his thumb? Did you see the trainer massaging it on the sideline? Afterwords he was mock-throwing the football, testing his grip. A few plays later he attempted a pass when the ball just fell backwards out of his grip. His passes were off quite a bit last night and the confindence he usually shows was missing.

Injury?

We can't blame this loss on the defense. They were pretty solid. Our offense was out to lunch.

EDIT: Wasn't Brian Westbrook's sit-down on the 1 yard line genius? There's someone who has his head in the game.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
EDIT: Wasn't Brian Westbrook's sit-down on the 1 yard line genius? There's someone who has his head in the game.

Yes it was a very smart play. At first I was wondering what the hell he was doing, but then I realized Dallas didn't have any timeouts left and they could just kneel it and round out the time.

How he thought all that through in the middle of the play, I don't know. But he clearly does have his head very much in the game, as you said.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Should blame it on Jessica Simpson and that dam pink Jersey of Romo.
:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

They should have rules against people with pink jerseys.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Don't feel bad.. the Eagles came the closest to beating the Pats. Apparently they are the best worst team in the NFL??

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Don't feel bad.. the Eagles came the closest to beating the Pats. Apparently they are the best worst team in the NFL??

The Eagles do have a decent team. They, much like Detroit, have been unfortunate many times this year

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

What's up with his thumb?

It's sprained, he'll play Saturday, as will Fasano, Canty and Gurode...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

We can't blame this loss on the defense. They were pretty solid. Our offense was out to lunch.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by dbates]

True, Like Patrick Crayton said, "Six points? That is out of sync, not in sync." I thought the defense probably played better than I've seen them play all year, with exception to the first quarter and a half of the Green Bay game.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
They, much like Detroit, have been unfortunate many times this year

No

Detroit's wins were fortunate. Their losses aren't unfortunate. Their losses are normal.

They're the Detroit Lions. If there's a way to lose, they'll find it.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Roy Williams was just suspended.

Dallas fans - is this going to make a difference? How is he playing this year? Obviously I haven't been watching Dallas games, so I have to rely on what you think.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Roy Williams was just suspended.

How many games? :shk::shk: I don't know how much of a difference it will make,he never was a very good cover man, but he is one of our better players...

[edit on 17-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 17-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join