It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Yet Another) Mars City

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
OK, so, it was 2am, I had the next day off work and I was slightly the worse [snip], and I was having a thoroughly good look at Mars.

Wait a minute, I haven't seen this before...

I did a (albeit brief) search on the site, but the threads I found didn't seem to relate to this particular area of interest. So, what do you think? Looks pretty uniform and organised, but I'm well aware that nature can create some pretty incredible features so I'll leave the debate to the masses.

By the way, I found it on Google Mars. I have a direct link to the location but unsure of how to shorten the link not being at all familiar with HTML. If a mod would be so kind... Never mind, fixed it. So THAT'S what Tinyurl does..

/3c6cfh

Edit: Fixed link.

Edit: Removed references to illegal substances...

[edit on 1-10-2007 by Artreyus]

Please see T&C's regarding discussion of illegal content.
T&C

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, its interesting because this picture found in this thread is named mr9inca_city.jpg.

So im wondering why someone named it inca city if its not a city. It looks very similar to your google mars topology picture.

It seems too impossible that it has anything to do with the Inca Empire on earth, so im trying to think of another explanation. What can inca mean?

[edit on 1-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
part of me thinks this is an odd formation, but my reasoning tells me this is probably some sort of natural phenomenon - some sort of fracturing in the crust?

whatever it is, it's definitely fascinating.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

That's fascinating, I haven't seen that before. It doesn't look like the same area either, so what are we looking at? Any expert input from people familiar with topology would be great.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artreyus
OK, so, it was 2am, I had the next day off work and I was slightly the worse for wear thanks to a friend and [snip] I was having a thoroughly good look at Mars.

Nice find, however, do yourself a favor and everyone who wants this intersting thread to remain open....go back and edit out your drug reference before the mods shut this thread down, and all discussion will die with it.

Thanks,

Dorian Soran

[edit on 1-10-2007 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Do myself a favour? Coulda been a little more polite about it bud, but point taken.

Now then, did you come here just to nag me, or do you have anything to contribute?

I am going to go out on a limb here and ask people who look at the link to zoom in a bit and start looking at the surrounding area. There appear to be a lot of round spheres, due to the way they are lit they don't appear to be craters. The more I look at this the more I can imagine the 'artificial'.

I have long believed there was a civilization on Mars, many millions of years ago, before the atmosphere was blasted into space by whatever it was that made that scar. Could we be looking at eroded settlements? No trace of original structures, but bear in mind the builders villages located at Giza. Not much left of those but the floor plan.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That area was called "Inca city" by NASA scientists.

You can read more about it here, for example.

PS: thanks to Zorgon that posted the above link in the John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Some people ask the question why have these ancient structures not eroded? Or why have they not been buried? I think someone told me that there is no wind on mars therefore no dust gets blown over and no erosion.

If thats true and there was once a great civilisation on mars then wouldnt there be ancient Martian cities and structures dotted all over the planet? If these are structures then why would life be so sparsely dotted around?

IMO I don't think these pictures or cydonia show ancient lost cities. Just plain old mother nature.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by onthefence81]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I was just curious regarding the comments on illegal items or substances.... Do the ATS T&C actually say that discussion of illegal items is forbidden? If so, then I am shocked that there are not more bans around here for all the "illegal" talk that is prevalent in most threads... Another curiousity is whether or not "bombs" are illegal or not? If bombs are illegal, how is it that we are allowed to talk about bombs (such as the WTC fiasco), but not about whatever illegal substance the op here mentioned. If it is not the substance itself, but mention of the use of the illegal substance that is frowned upon around here, well I still have the same question. Do we not talk about how bombs are implemented and set off, and smuggled, and used, and whatever else about bombs? So I am still wondering where the line in the sand gets drawn here. Why are some illegal substances forbidden to be mentioned here, yet other "way more horrible" illegal substances are perfectly acceptable to be talked about? Not just bombs either. There are lots of illegalities being discussed on this board. Why are those posters not punished too, I wonder? Seems hypocritical to me, but maybe I don't fully understand... Can someone explain that to me and set me straight on that difference...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My 'telling off' didn't come from a Moderator so i don't know, and I haven't had any U2U's telling me to behave but I can respect that other people don't want to hear that i like a smoke every now and again. I'm most certainly not alone...

Back on topic, regarding the post by onthefence81; I do believe Mars has an active weather system and massive sandstorms are commonplace. The big event that caused the scar was an impact so large, that it caused a bulge on the other side of the planet. Imagine how the shockwave would have levelled almost everything, imagine how much dust would have been ejected, then settled. I'm not saying these images are ancient cities, all I'm saying that a combination of time, impact damage and erosion over millions of years could theoretically result in just the outline of vast population centres remaining, and relatively little else.

Please bear in mind I'm only theorising here, but hell what a fascinating thought.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
That area was called "Inca city" by NASA scientists.

You can read more about it here, for example.

PS: thanks to Zorgon that posted the above link in the John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS thread.

Thanks for that link mate, having a good read now. Awesome pictures.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I do apologize if you took my message as degrading or inflamatory. I do think you have an interesting topic here, but I have also seen other threads completly shut down for drug referneces, as IT IS against the T&C's of this website.

I figured this thread deserved a better fate than that and that is what I meant by doing yourself, and us a favor by changing the wording so this thread would continue.

Again I do apologize, I meant no harm mate.

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Artreyus

While I appreciate you looking for stuff on Mars, but it really is just what the eye wants to see. Just a litle east of where your city is, I see a trail that big foot has created.

One large Big foot FOOT.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That is without a doubt the largest footprint I have ever seen. Mars must have been inhabited by GIANTS.

A great example of how the human brain will transpose pattern recognition on natural objects.

I would suggest every time someone finds an amazing mars landscape anomaly, that they spend an equal amount of time looking through satellite pictures of Earth's natural formations for comparison. That should be enough to make them think they were being silly right there. If not, well then they want to believe so bad they will convince themselves they see anything, lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Certainly it could be a natural formation. But my interest is piqued from the millions of dollars US and others have thrown at this planet and continue to. I have seen strange anomalies not only on the ground but in the air from the rovers. My biggest question is why don't we do these activities on the moon.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stockburn

To the north of that 'Large foot' notice those circlular dens in the ground.
Now take note of them, open google earth find area 19 and go north and a little west what do you see?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Oh, jeez. You have to be kidding me, lol.

[Mod note: no kidding about this]

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

Originally posted by Artreyus
OK, so, it was 2am, I had the next day off work and I was slightly the worse for wear thanks to a friend and his skills with potted plants, and I was having a thoroughly good look at Mars.

Nice find, however, do yourself a favor and everyone who wants this intersting thread to remain open....go back and edit out your drug reference before the mods shut this thread down, and all discussion will die with it.

The mods aren't anal-retentive enough to consider an veiled reference to potted plants a violation of T&C. Worry about your own wussy violations, not someone else's.

[MOD Note] However the Mods are watching ... please review the T&C's

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

especially this

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthefence81
Some people ask the question why have these ancient structures not eroded? Or why have they not been buried? I think someone told me that there is no wind on mars therefore no dust gets blown over and no erosion.

If thats true and there was once a great civilisation on mars then wouldnt there be ancient Martian cities and structures dotted all over the planet? If these are structures then why would life be so sparsely dotted around?

IMO I don't think these pictures or cydonia show ancient lost cities. Just plain old mother nature.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by onthefence81]

If there is no wind on mars an no dust gets blown over the planet why have Nasa been reporting recently at thier suprise of the mars rover surviving a massive dust storm .. seems to me dust moves about quite a bit.

Rover survives Dust storm -- NASA link

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Its some cracks. BRILLIANT.

Quantum, there ARE winds on mars. Mars has frequent storms.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join