It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helping A Friend,Need Your Help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hi,

Okay this is a friend from another forum (not related to paranormal in ANY way) & i am trying to give an answer. She brought it up in General Chat on the forum.

Here is her story & the photo she took,i just need some people here who know (experts/skeptics) if this was lens flare/reflection? I see a "human shape" but i cannot say it is unexplainable.

+.. LaNa-Na ..+]Who believes in them?

Im not sure if i do...

But reason i made this thread is because i was going through some photos that i took earlier this year, when me and some friends went to this graveyard at night.
We used to go all the time, but this time we got everyone to go, we had like 7 car loads of us...
And reason we went to this specific graveyard is because theres a story about it.
The story goes;
There was a teenage girl called Sarah, and she was walking on this road in which the church and graveyard were on, and a car pulled over full of guys and they abducted her and raped her countless times, then killed her and left her body near the church.
Anyways, apparently if you go to the graveyard with males, she comes out.
I didnt necessarily believe it, coz so many of those stories go around.

But this afternoon when i was looking at the pictures from the graveyard/church, my sister noticed something in one of the pictures that i took, that i didnt notice until today.

If you lo0k at this picture of the side of the church, you can notice a bit of light and a human-like body shape and possibly another human-like body shape standing behind it.
I didnt take this photo with a flash, so the light was deffinately not from the flash.

What do you guys reckon?
Anyone else experienced anything like this??

Here is the photo enhanced by another member ..

Thanks people .appreciate it

[edit on 10/1/2007 by qonone]

Mod Edit: BB Code.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Looks like some lighting on a statue.

Where exactly was this picture taken at?

If it were a person, it would be very tall, given its size in ratio to the building.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
not sure what that bright spot is but my first impression is also that it is a statue.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just thought of this, the guy spend weeks making the photo of a statue with a light, unveils it here waiting for the big wow. First post nails it. LOL

No disrespect it might be real, I don't know, but I chuckled at that.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Looks very much like a statue to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The photo is unclear. It's hard to make anything out that is useful.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
Just thought of this, the guy spend weeks making the photo of a statue with a light, unveils it here waiting for the big wow. First post nails it. LOL

No disrespect it might be real, I don't know, but I chuckled at that.

First post nails it ..damn why did i not think of this in January when i registered

DJMessiah ,All info i have is as posted in quote ,taken in Sydney ,Australia at a church / graveyard ..i will ask her for area/location to be more specific.

It can be a statue,indeed taken size of building into account ..i noticed size straight away & thinking if that is a church ,then whatever that shape is must be quite big.I will ask her to make sure,i have sent her mail to join here,but time by me is 22h10 and she is 8 hours ahead ,so it's 6am by her.

I will stay online until she logs on.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
it looks like that robot from return to Oz "clockwork" but only thinner and a little taller

maybe hes all growed up

serious though looks like a statue although a weird one and with some light, maybe its a modern day scarecrow

go look at it during the day

the story also sounds a little urban legendish

[edit on 1-10-2007 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Can you ask her for the address of the church? I have some friends who live in Sydney who can go there to verify what the figure is.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Will mail her and request that now , & will give it as soon as i receive it
..I am hoping she registers here so she can tell her story herself.

@ MCD ..i do not live in Australia ,this is from a friend on the net who took a photo,she llives Down Under,i live in South Africa.She showed us the photo and myself posted it on ATS to get the POV from people who knows.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hi everyone, im the friend that qonone posted this for.

Well this photo was taken at night (obviously) at a church/graveyard about 20mins away from my house called "St Thomas Anglican Church" aka "St Thomas Historic Church".
Im not sure if this church is still active, but i have seen it during the day and i dont recall seeing any statues in that area where the pic was taken.
The church is on an abandoned road.

Also, i dont understand why there is light there if it was shining on a statue?
Because there was no light there at all except for one post light that was on the other side of the church no where near that door, infact, it was facing on the graveyard.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Lana-na]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lana-na

Are you sure it's the right Church? Looking at their website, it looks like a different Church, much larger, and doesn't have the same design as the picture:

www.st-thomas.org.au...

www.st-thomas.org.au...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Nah you were looking at the wrong church.
That St Thomas church is in North Sydney.
The one i went to is in Mulgoa.
Ill post up pics and info i found on the church.

St Thomas Anglican Church was consecrated in 1838 by Bishop Broughton. The picturesque sandstone church, unlike others in the area, was constructed by free labourers rather than convicts. Edward Cox donated the 5 acres of elevated land on which the church was built. The attractive sandstone used in the construction of the church was cut from Edward Cox’s nearby property, ‘Fern Hill’, and Henry Cox’s property, ‘Glenmore’. The strong association of the Cox family with this church is evidenced in the gravestones in the churchyard

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thanks for joining Lana ..appreciate it

Good to have you on ATS

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here is another view of the church:

In that image we can see people standing in the doorway, where the figure from the photo was standing. Given the size of the people, I would say that the figure is over 5 meters tall. If it is a statue, it would not have been easy to move. I don't think it's a ghost either.

It could have probably been a distortion of door in image. The lighting show couldn't be from the camera flash, because the flash wouldn't travel that far, so there must have been some kind of lighting from above the doorway. That would be my best guess.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If you take the car on the right of your photo a person of average size standing erect is about a head taller to the car (looks like a jetta,audi),if the church door closest to car on the left is in comparison to main door then it is not as big as i thought.

Though in the pic it does look like people on the stoop/stairs at main door,but they look small or entrance door is big ,i admit.

I was just looking at car size and thinking if a person should stand next to it.

Cheers for your input

This is what i see on the size ,i am NO expert so don't dis me please..just how i tried to measure size of "statue" to say ..

[edit on 10/2/2007 by qonone]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Yeah i completely see where you're coming from...
But i dont think the figure in the picture is around 5 metres high?
The church entrance isnt HUGE.
And there is no statue...

And there also wasn't any source of light at all near that doorway.

So im still puzzled

But thanks so much for your input!

new topics

top topics

join