It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God needs Satan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
1. if there would be no Satan, there would be no God!
2. why do we pray? cause we don't want to go to hell! if there would be no hell, what would u be afraid of? why would you need to pray?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just like light need shadow, and order need disorder, good need bad, etc... else none of it would have reason to exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
"Evil is good!, and ass is good, if it wasn't for ass we wouldn't be here. Evil is good and ass is good, and if you can get a piece of evil ass. Woooo!!!"
Preacher Poly.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In my opinion:

God is Satan and Satan is God.
(they are basically different poles of the same entity)

without good we wouldn't not see evil and without evil we cannot see good. there cannot be one without the other. (evil can mean anything, i am not saying there can never be a world without murders and rapes, I am saying each person has their own perspective of evil)

(if you believe that God created everything and his essence is in all that he created, and that we are all part of God, then Satan is also part of God)

This is the cruel trick that "God" plays, he wants you to be scared of hell, but in reality, the only hell there is, is the one that you create for yourself, by living in fear.

Prayer is a different issue. People use prayer for different reasons. Some pray for personal desires, other out of fear and some pray just to pray, because it is a way to communicate and express feelings/desires that we cannot share with someone else

praying for personal desires and out of fear is not a real prayer in my eyes.

real prayer is speaking to that inner/outer consciousness from your heart without expecting anything in return. God is basically my therapist when it comes to me praying. I say what i feel and expect nothing back, just a great big listening ear ready anytime I am in need.

btw, these are simply my personal views, i don't mean to offend anyone's beliefs.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
In my opinion:
God is Satan and Satan is God.
(they are basically different poles of the same entity).

I see it more as God is the system, Jesus is the positive side of working for the benifit of that system and Satan is Jesus's opposite as the negative consequences of working in opposition to that system. However, Satan is no less important than Jesus in that both of them acutally support the existence of that system. One through prase and one through punishment.

I went into this in detail at ATS before, but I can't remember where.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
God and Satan?

Sikhism, And islam indentify God as Noor ( light) and The opposite as darkness.

All in All the Hell conecpt was used as a control mechanism.

Deep

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i think I see what your saying Jonna,

God is the head of the system and he created these 2 manifestations of himself (next level of system) both good and bad (jesus and satan)

but this can only apply to christianity or to other religions as well ?

I don't know, does Islam have a devil figure = to Satan?
you know an main adversary?

In Hinduism, some "Gods" like Shiva and Kali can be the destructive (evil) force, but even though they are deities in their own right, they are still manifestations of the original Brahma. but I don't recall a main adversary for Brahma

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
deep i think you answered part of my question. thanks

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
All in All the Hell conecpt was used as a control mechanism.

Heaven is as well; it promises one bliss if you only live how we tell you to and give money to our church/group. I think that the idea also started as a place where god(s) could control things out of the sight of humans. Ignore the man behind the cloud curtains!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Brahma did have adversaries, hence the birth of Kali matha, sanata kumara, and other dieties.

These gods though, do differ from western aspect in that they written as to be analogies of the minds own internal struggles.

Shiva is the destroyer and Vishnu the sustainer, is some sense, as Jesus is to Satan.

Brahma is the creator.

Deep

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I think that the idea also started as a place where god(s) could control things out of the sight of humans. Ignore the man behind the cloud curtains!

Reminds of the Wizard, in the "Wizard of Oz"

Deep

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I don't know, does Islam have a devil figure = to Satan?

Honestly, I dont know

Jews?

Deep

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
[Edited on 23-1-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i think I see what your saying Jonna,

God is the head of the system and he created these 2 manifestations of himself (next level of system) both good and bad (jesus and satan)

but this can only apply to christianity or to other religions as well ?

Well, christianity is the only one that I know well enough to comment on, but it doesn't need to apply to all of them. Every religion has different control mechanizims in place and that is the common factor that makes things definable as a religion (at least to me). Things like Buddhism I consider more like philosophy then religion for this reason.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Shiva is the destroyer and Vishnu the sustainer, is some sense, as Jesus is to Satan.

Brahma is the creator.

Deep

but vedic text say that Shiva, Vishnu and even Brahma are just manifestations of the same and only "God the eternal conciousness"

[Edited on 1-23-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ya, what I said times two as well.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
see no evil, hear no evil, smell no evil, taste no evil, do no evil....

God needs Satan because as previously mentioned they are opposites of each other, and we cant have one thing without the opposite

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ok i found this regarding Islam, but I still don't know about Judaisim.

A unique creation of Islam is a belief in a multitude of creatures call �jinn�. These creatures, supposedly created from smokeless flames are neither humans nor angels. They are divided into two categories, good and evil, perform a variety of functions. Good jinn perform the religious duties of Muslims. (20) Jinn can apparently take on the forms of cats, serpents, and even humans. It is also recognized that a human can become possessed by jinn.

Islam, like Christianity, believes in the existence of the devil. The devil in Islam is thought to be either a fallen angel, or a jinn who was disobedient to the command of God. The devil is now the tempter in the world as well as the progenitor of evil jinn.

goodnewsiowacity.homestead.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

God the eternal conciousness"

You are right, I was not clear enough.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
In my opinion everything needs a balance.Therefore we have a God and a Satan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join