It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Creatures In Space!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
i have heard that these "space worm" type objects or creatures, or what have you, have been a pretty well documentened phenomena. there are plenty of daylight videos of these worms being taken from earth, so they must be able to survive in the lower parts of our atmosphere too. and above that, there have been numerous NASA videos showing the same type of phenomena from outer space, or near earth orbit. whatever these worms things are, they are most probably really there. the problem is that we really dont study (or wish to make publicy available the info.)

my best guess is that they really are some sort of large sized, highly adapted extremeophiles, as others have mentioned. with so many videos being taken from the ground, and even from nasa camera feeds, it leads one to beleive that they are a valid phenomena, which appears to be alive, or at least life-like.

i have heard that NASA has know about these space worms for a long time and has fully documented and classified these as being a known creature that is not necessarily from earth, but not necessarily extra-terrestrial in origin. they are beleived to be creatures which exist in our atmosphere, which use water and condensation available throughout the atmospheric layers. and it has been proposed that they could get some of their energy from lighnting storms, since they are frequently observed gathering around brewing thunderstoms. that or other sorts of unknown energy that is readily available throughout our atmosphere, such as the "orgone energy" observed by Wilhelm Reich, and even Nikola Tesla.

There are all sorts of known and unknown creatures that survive on, in, underwater, in the air, and all throughout the planet earth. It wouldnt be too hard to assume that there are creatures who have adapted throughout time to survive in the upper and lower layers of our atmosphere. It would also be reasonable to assume that they could be a necessary function of nature, which planet earth relies on to stimulate or adjust our wheather patterns here on the ground. Whether you wanna use evolution, or intelligent design as the basis for these worms existence, it is fair to say that every single little bit of our planets earth, air, water, and even atmosphere serves a purpose, and the purpose that it serves is always maintained by a certain lifeform, or numerous combinations of lifeforms. More often then not, we find, that each lifeform serves a very necessary function for nature to exist, and keep operating in the current manner that our planet exists.

Not to mention that the earth fundamentaly operates in cycles, which for the most part are un-inteupted. There needs to be a balance throughout nature and these worms could very well have been around for ages, providing a very important function which keeps earth in this balance.

So i think it isnt that far of a stretch to assume that there is something to these worm videos, and that they very well could be alive and possibly have been operating in our ecosystem for alot longer than we know. Its only know in the 20th and 21st centuries that we have the technology to document there existence. Whether they are ET, or earthly in origin is a whole nother question. But is very possible that these worms could very well be perfoming a necessary duty throughout our solar system, galaxy, or even universe. We need scientists (like the ones in the documentary, "The Horizon Project, Episode One" [if u havent seen it i highly reccomend u do so]) to study and document these worms and make the knowledge publicly available. I mean what is the harm in letting people know that we have some sort of highly adapted atmospheric creatures existing in our atmosphere. Its not all that crazy to think in this manner. But we certainly need more credible scientists and scholars who arent afraid to approach these sort of fringe ideas, and relay their findings to the people.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Guy
Life in open space is not possible.
No food, no warmth, no way to move in the desired direction.

Perhaps you should do your research. Ever hear of a Water Bear? They are tiny organisms that can survive in up to 6000 atmospheres of pressure, which is much greater than that of the deepest part of any ocean on Earth, thay can survive in +200 C and -272 C (around -273.5 is 0 Kelvin, space is 2.7 Kelvin) and can also survive in the vaccuum of space. So before blurting out your own ideas without knowing anything, first do some research. If for nothing else, at least to have some grounds to found your theories.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Just to elaborate on Mike's last post regarding the Hydrothermal vents, I did a bit of hunting myself to counter the argument that "Life is not possible in space." I think this is a very narrow minded point of view and I don't believe it is as clear as that.

Tremendous force makes the magma erupt under the massive weight and volume of the ocean. It uses the energy that originates with Earth itself, and is the driving force behind moving entire continents over billions of years, and the cause of all earthquakes and volcanoes on our planet. Occurring along the tectonic plates are mountainous ridges. Ever so often, icy cold water seeps into the newly forming crusts and cracks in the sea floor to incredibly hot and even molten spots underneath. The water superheats to between 300 degrees to 400 degrees, but cannot boil under the tremendous pressure and volume of the ocean. This superheated water gushes out like a geyser into the icy water above, immediately precipitating with sulphur and other noxious minerals. Even in such a nightmarish environment, kilometres away from sunlight, equally bizarre forms of life emerge, some without eyes, without intestines, drawing their energies feeding on the horrible chemical broth emanating from the vents

Source: /2nm369

I think life in a vacuum is not only possible, I think it's a given. This Universe is teeming with life.

Edit: added source link.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Artreyus]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This a fascinating subject, and one that I hope will lift itsself from the realms of psuedo-science and into the mainstream in the not too distant future. Here are just a few links found in a very short space of time.

www.flyingrods.com...

www.llewellyn.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

And, just for a laugh, one for fans of Japanese monster movies;

www.imdb.com...

Charles Fort spoke of "atmospheric beasts" and I also can't see it being such a stretch of the imagination that we have become, or always have been, a honey pot to space dwelling creatures.
Carl Sagan hypothesized about atmoshperic creatures that may live in the upper reaches of Jupiter's vast cloud continents. Taking that hypothesis further, is it unlikely that such creatures would not be able to migrate to another habitat? Perhaps a habitat that, if certain theories are correct (mine for one) that they feed off of electrical energy, can supply a ready and seemingly inexhaustible supply? Look at night shots of our gem of a world. We're glowing like a Christmas tree!

Many reports of UFO activity describe amorphous, cloud-like blobs, spheres and transparent shapes hovering on or near powerlines and power generating facilities? Again, is it such a problem to consider the possibility that these creatures have been drawn here? Moths to a candle, anyone?

Perhaps it's time to consider the question that certain UFOs are actually living organisms. It would contribute towards explaining the seemingly bizarre behaviour of some sightings. Maybe the fleets of spheres seen in the Mexican skies are fledglings stretching their "wings"?

Whilst it's easy to simply throw questions at this subject, when you break down and dissect this phenomena I kind of get the feeling that many sightings are not of nuts and bolts craft. Of course, I could be hopelessly wrong, but the more I read of high flying spheres in our atmosphere, the strangely shaped UFOs captured by infrared cameras, the "serpents" seen by various Shuttle missions, and those odd, flying jellyfish, the more I am willing to believe that, amongst other more sentient beings, we are sharing our universe with an incredible variety of life.

Cheers Mike for another great thread!

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Beamish]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
We only know that life such as our exists, that all life life on this planet needs x, y and z to survive, but what if our form of life is a rarity.

I firmly believe that we know almost nothing when it comes to what makes life possible and sustainable on a universal scale. What if life as we know it is the exception rather than the rule.

While i don't pretend to know what forms life may take, to assume that it is all closely related to us (survival needs, carbon based, etc) is extremely arrogant.

Most of the discovered planets in our galaxy are very different from ours (many more like Jupiter) and for all we know, that is where the majority of life exists.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Thanks! And an excellent post Beamish! And also Artreyus

Christ, this seems to be like opening a can of 'worms' ! (Pun unintended!) Because, the next question would be that if these organisms are capable of living in the hostile environment of space, then isn't it highly possible and most likely that many of the planets in the Solar System have some sort of life? After all their environment isn't as harsh as space? Like Mars, for example?

Heck! My brains have become toast just thinking of these possibilities and their consequences! So I'm heading to the bar for salvation!

Cheers!

[edit on 2-10-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
great posts by all , i very much enjoy reading on the subject.
is it possible that life that is here on earth in the seas is from outer space?

the earth has been around for a long time , and if these creatures and organisms can survive the harshest of conditions, is it possible that they can survive the drop from space to earth?

the only reason i ask this is because it would make a connection between a lot of things on earth that are being discovered.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by supervortex2004

Originally posted by The_Guy
Life in open space is not possible.
No food, no warmth, no way to move in the desired direction.

Perhaps you should do your research. Ever hear of a Water Bear? They are tiny organisms that can survive in up to 6000 atmospheres of pressure, which is much greater than that of the deepest part of any ocean on Earth, thay can survive in +200 C and -272 C (around -273.5 is 0 Kelvin, space is 2.7 Kelvin) and can also survive in the vaccuum of space. So before blurting out your own ideas without knowing anything, first do some research. If for nothing else, at least to have some grounds to found your theories.

Yes, Sir professor!

Gigantic space worms are real!

Silly me, how could I question that?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Space Worms....It is so clear that they are debris...Please look carefully..they are so liveless, sorry
Flyingrods...it is hundred times proven that it is because of framing.
If you concentrate on such things, which are very clear what they are, then you could miss another things.
Of course there is life in universe, but they are not floating screws.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Guy

Thats right when confronted with hard facts resort to stupidness.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It does make me wonder why it wouldn't be a worldwide known phenomena, as radards would surely detect such solid objects. As it is not, these pictures can pretty much represent anything whatsoever as they are mostly out of focus. There's also lots of weather balloons floating in all layers of our atmosphere, and as those become useless, thus losing whatever force that lifts them up, those also become something else but a balloon in shape.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

any one notice the blinking object in the top left corner that just happens to fly by? IMO that is not space junk the worm thing probably is. my 2 cents.

umm time is counting down the video but it apears at 00:53 hope that helps.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by miguelbmx]

[edit on 2-10-2007 by miguelbmx]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I hate the way scientists say that life needs water and oxygen to survive.

Maybe some breathe in methane and drink... God knows what to survive, if they evolved independently of Earth, they might need other things to survive.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have no idea what they are or aren't, but it is possible for creatures to exist in all kinds of environments without sun, water....whatever. I love scientists--bright people--if not for those people I would have no interest in these things. But they do discover new animals everyday, and we don't immediately hear of these discoveries. It takes them months sometimes years to discuss their findings with the public.

All we can do is be patient and hopefully one of the many talented scientist on our planet will have the ability to research these "things" and report back to us with conclusive proof as to what they are or are not.

Thanx for listening.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
We really should admit something about scientists instead of accusing them about mostly everything.

It is the scientists who found life to survive in environments previously thought inhospitable for life.

Scientists debated whether or not life could exist and survive in any other environment but earth. They didn't have the empirical knowledge to even assume that it would be possible before end of the last millennium. Empirical knowledge in this context means certain knowledge of life existing in environments possible and even propable in other worlds but earth.

After those debates and quite extensive media attention into it, and after those discoveries of life in environments previously thought inhospitable, users from internet begun accusing them of not understanding or believing. _after_. think about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Although I think it's possible for some life forms to survive in space, I think that the comparison with deep water life forms is not the best because the conditions are precisely reversed.

And nobody, apparently, noticed the other things that The_Guy said, especially that without any surrounding element there is no way of propulsion (unless they expel some mater).

This makes life organisms very unlikely to live in space because they are limited to external forces. Some organisms here on Earth may be under external forces and not have their own propulsion systems, but in space, in the absence of any other force, gravity would pull all those organisms to some heavier body in their neighbourhood, transforming them from space organisms in star/planet/comet/asteroid/etc. organisms, and they would probably be squashed by the atmospheric pressure in planets such as Earth, in the same way that we get squashed when we get to deep in the ocean.

Or they would be sent out from their star system with the force of the solar wind.

Originally posted by Beamish
Perhaps it's time to consider the question that certain UFOs are actually living organisms. It would contribute towards explaining the seemingly bizarre behaviour of some sightings. Maybe the fleets of spheres seen in the Mexican skies are fledglings stretching their "wings"?

That is something that I always had in my mind, the possibility that UFOs are not artificial objects but natural occurrences, but many fans of the ET explanation of the UFOs think that is a far fetched theory...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
sorry to say that it just looks like space junk thats rolling around. reminds me of that solar panel that they had to remove ( cant remember if it was mir or iss) but when the released it and you saw it drift away into the distance it started to flap like a birds wings ....

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Although I believe life is as "contagious" throughout the universe as the common cold here on earth, the tether experiment blotches remind me of when looking through my telescope and a star or planet is way out of focus, ends up looking like an out of focus donut, very similar. After all, isn't the camera focusing on the far away tether, not the closer objects? I think they are simply debris. Same with the youtube donut above, stars in the background are in focus, not the donut.

As for the "worms", they revolve in the same manner over and over like any object you'd toss into space, more junk.

The blinking with the docking at space station is a satellite revolving.

Here's a fairly recent representation of known space junk.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Wendigo]

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Wendigo]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The Denmark "jellyfish" ufo was explained as a smoke cloud from a nearby installation.

I will post the answer later.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
These are nothing more than your average normal phenomenon.

1. Picture is simply multiple exposure of a bird flying.

2. Picture 2 is simply a cloud.

3. Picture 3 is simply a photo artifact.

4. Video 1 is simply a space junk most likely a metallic foil of some sort (you can see the glint from the sunshine for a second there).

5. Video 2, same thing, only this time the camera is out of focus.

6. Video 3, same damn thing.

7. Video 4 is a space junk reflecting uv light wave so when the uv camera captured it becomes magnified.

Where's the smoking gun evidence?
These are all normal explainable occurances. There's no UFO, no Illuminati, no little gray aliens, no intedimensional critters, just a figment of peoples imagination.

Extraordinary stuff needs extraordinary evidence. Unfortunately these are none of it. WE NEED CONCRETE PROOF.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join