It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Needs a Benevolent Dictator

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
What the world needs right now is a benevolent dictator. A warm human being with ruthless compassion and absolute power to administer our global society.

Who would be a likely candidate?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. We dont need a global New World Order, no matter who is the leader.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

I was expecting that old chestnut but not in the first post

Does power corrupt so effectively because those seeking power have to gradually give up their humanity on the way up the power chain.

Admittedly, this person would have to be able to rise above the normal, cold, selfish, egoist tendencies that plague the majority of us.

The first qualification for the job would be not wanting the job!

[edit on 1-10-2007 by RogerT]

[edit on 1-10-2007 by RogerT]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

I dont want a leader for the entire world. I dont care if you call that phrase an old chestnut. Its the truth.

This is the problem with humanity. We dont learn from old mistakes. Every generation think the old truths are chestnuts and want to change them, only to make the same mistakes over and over and over again.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Why don't you offer your own suggestion? As cliche' as it is, I think the first poster is correct. Not only that, there are so many other issues with society in general that it simply wouldn't work. Humanity isn't built to get along in such large numbers.

I would suggest the Dhali Lama but then you will get every fundamentalist from every other religion up in arms. I just don't see how it can be done without some major oppression. I fail to see any way that a one world govt could be a utopia.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Why don't you offer your own suggestion? As cliche' as it is, I think the first poster is correct. Not only that, there are so many other issues with society in general that it simply wouldn't work. Humanity isn't built to get along in such large numbers.

Wrong. 99% of the people get along just fine and dont want to kill and murder eachother. The ones who do want to kill and murder should be restrained by the rest. Thats the way it should work.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Wrong. 99% of the people get along just fine and dont want to kill and murder eachother. The ones who do want to kill and murder should be restrained by the rest. Thats the way it should work.

I agree, that is the way it SHOULD work. But the way that it does work is that the 1% that want to kill, murder, control everyone else are the ones that are in control. From grade school through world politics, the same rings true. Bullies dominate.

Well, actually I would dispute your 99% claim now that I think about it. There are way too many religious people in the world to think that 99% of people get along. Regligious, racial, economic differences make up for way more than 1% of people that wouldn't get along.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I agree, that is the way it SHOULD work. But the way that it does work is that the 1% that want to kill, murder, control everyone else are the ones that are in control. From grade school through world politics, the same rings true. Bullies dominate.

Well, actually I would dispute your 99% claim now that I think about it. There are way too many religious people in the world to think that 99% of people get along. Regligious, racial, economic differences make up for way more than 1% of people that wouldn't get along.

Religion is just a way to control people. Its just another system to turn you against your fellow human beings. Just like nationality divides people so they are "iraqis" or "americans" or "libyans" (instead of "human beings"), the religion do the same thing. Its a common tool within psychology. Its also used within the CIA and so on, where people get called "subjects" or whatever. We dont need religions really. We need to be spiritual, but we dont need to follow a religion.

We let bullies dominate this world. Its our fault. We are here in much greater numbers, the people who dont want wars and conflicts. And its our fault for not doing something. We see horrible things happen every day now. Yet we sit on our asses and wait for somebody else to do something. This is because we avoid conflicts. So its a double edged sword.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

If there were such a thing as a benevolent dictator, maybe. But there isnt.
Dictator= malevolent.

Unless of course, we have the anti christ show up.....

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Boffo. Nice thought though. With the abundance of nuclear tipped countries it's not happening. Once wished I could command my own starship and do the same. Ha.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
this is a cy op study.

project mockingbird.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If the benevolent dictator came in the form of a rotating post as head of a truely global united-nations in the sense of a global senate, and had the teeth call the shots to nations that refused to comply with pollution/arms control/etc, then I'd certainly be all for it...mankind can only benefit from the kind of global-scale directed single projects such as stellar travel...unfortunately it looks like the global corporate entities will be the only organisations that could forge such a lead...I hear that Weyland Ltd and Yutani Corp are seeking a merger

[edit on 1-10-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i tell yall what...

i will make a huge sacrifice, and i will become your beneveolent dictator.
...because frankly, i dont trust anyone else.

that said i need 20 kegs of budwiser and several thousend hot college chicks sent to my house....do it! or else!

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I feel that a New Global Government will be in place in the distant future. Not in my lifetime, and not on my watch will it ever happen soon. We are to caught up on racial issues, sexual orientation, drugs and much more. If anything like this is going to happen, we must set our differences aside in order for it to flow. As it seems today, we are on the wrong path for nothing great. I for one would not allow the red carpet to unroll, and I hope for the sake of humanity this doesnt happen. It will be a day they never wished they thought of such an idea.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
ok consider the media, its owned mainly by one company or man, he determines what happens in all his newsrooms in the end because hes a god..

So on one level theres perceptual control, but the control is not local, its global, and therefor inherently flawed, men and women who seek to dictate, are doing nothing less than stroking their stupid dellusional ego.

What this world nees is dr. who, or a real savior to correct the mental direction of our worlds wanna-be leaders.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamen

Its BECAUSE we are cought up with those things that it will happen. Its all part of a plan to keep our attention on other things. Artificial wars and terror threats, Britney Spears and so on.

In the mean time, the North American Union will become a reality without anyone even getting the chance to vote about it. Then the borders opens and you compete with mexicans for jobs. Your salaries drops. Corporations make a fortune.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CopernicusAbsolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

That old quote is completely wrong. The truth of the matter is that "Absolute power is blamed absolutely."

What I mean by this is that, if we had a dictator right now there would be marches on Washington and constant calls for impeachment or treason charges over the war in Iraq. The dictator would get all the blame for what is going on over there. In our system, the blame is spread out among the electorate. Don't like whats going on? "Hey! Half of us voted for him."

This reason is the primary reason dictatorships don't last. They must spend most of their energies on propaganda to ensure someone else always gets the blame when something bad happens because the distribution of blame isn't built into a dictatorship like it is in most other systems.

Face it, bad things happen and very little is under the control of the people running things. The result is that even the best run dictatorships in the world are rife targets for internal dissent. Once you remove the illusion of choice from the population you also remove the illusion of personal responsibility.

Historically, the only way to get out of this bind as a dictator is to claim divine authority. Only then can the peoples' ideology be used against them to support the distribution of blame when things go bad.

The only real good leader would be a just dictator who owns nothing (everything is given to the state on his inauguration's) and has no children. His entire life and property would become the property of the state. Since the state is the property of the people, he would become the very definition of a public servant.

Jon

[edit on 10.1.2007 by Voxel]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
if all men are truly created equal than no man has the right to tell another what to do...

...enjoy slavery

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I suppose I wouldn't mind a dictatorship as long as the dictator is benevolent.

What I do think the world needs though is to be run by Women. (Just not hilary...). Coming from a guy, I think males would tend to wage war more often.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I dont care if you call that phrase an old chestnut. Its the truth.

Well you are very sure of yourself, but that doesn't make you right or make the statement the truth.

I have absolute power over my 6 month old son. Does that mean I am corrupted by it, or is it possible that it increases my awareness of my responsibility to act in his best interest, to the absolute best of my ability and knowledge.

You could say I am a benevolent dictator towards my children. 99% of the time they live as they choose, but there are certain rules that are not up for discussion (like don't put the cat in the microwave), and they get enforced with compassion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join