It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Is Never An Easy Subject....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Al

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Maybe it's me, but I thought everybody contemplated suicide at one point or another in their lives. Or have I just had way too many depressive cycles and need to go see a therapist O.O

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Al

I think you're right about everyone thinking about it sometimes, I know it's something I've dealt with at various periods of my life.

I guess it's just such a shock when someone close to you does succeed in killing them self and the surviving friends and family are left wondering why.
In this case we all saw so much potential in an extremely creative and loving man that cared for those around him, but something we'll never know overwhelmed him.

If you ever go down this path, please talk to someone.
If that doesn't work and all is lost, please leave a note to explain your action.

Al

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

That's what i try to do all the time whenever I think about it. I talk to people. It really does seem to help. Though if I did ever think of going about the path, I would never want it to be a mystery and clearly spell out why I did it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I've known plenty of people who have contemplated suicide for all the wrong reason. But than again, what are the right reasons for such a thought. Recently I lost a family member, though I didn't really know him, commited suicide because his father found a joint in his backpack. Things like this always leave me with the question. "Why?!" I'm sure anyone who cares about a loved one, who has carried such an act out, has felt completely the same.

Maybe that person believed in something the majorty of people don't believe in? How about the people who drank the punch, to ride the comet to heaven?! What about the ones who believe in becoming a martyr? All i'm saying is, suicide has become so common, it doesn't shock me as much as it used to. After what i've seen in my lifetime, (and i'm only 19) you begin to accept anything that's been written as wrong. I've contemplated such an act, multiple times. I've lost count. But not for reason such as the one that i've stated above.^^^ Sometimes I tell myself, depression isn't the problem, it's society, and society selects who's fit, and who's not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join