It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbolism, Cults, Magic: A blending of Thought.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Here is another post that I responded to that I feel would also be better utilized as its own thread.

Originally posted by mastermind77

Please visit thebravenewworldorder.blogspot.com and logo-opolis.blogspot.com and discover the meanings of occult symbology on products and logos. Its purely and simply, using the earths natural resonances to attach your natural attachment to them, to their energy which is an image, an enchantment or a talisman. That also would explain why the governments and elites of the world like magic so much, it keeps a system of their desire going, the less people know or care.

I have a few points I would like to make in reference to your statement. First, not to be rude in any fashion, symbology is the "study of symbols", think Anthropology for instance is "the study of man", and symbolism (which I believe is what you meant) refers to the meanings and significance behind the symbols.

Second, using the Earth's natural resonances to attach one's natural affinity to a product, or item is a direct reference to Carl Jung and his perspective on the collective unconscious. Which, simply put is the term he coined to the fact that humans regardless of age, culture, race, etc., all respond unconsciously to various symbols, colors, shapes, and other factors in a similar way, which is explained possibly by how humans communicated before there was language (although, I take a more non-Earth centric perspective on how this came about).

Also, secret societies and their writings and their output, are chock full of symbolism most likely, as it is easier to communicate quietly and effectively without mass interference as many religious groups (which are cults by definition), exclusive organizations, and other followings were diligently persecuted, by mainstream societies who were more than willing to teach them the 'errors of their ways' through death and torture. Even if some members of a secretive group were caught and tortured for information, the information would make little sense. Example: "Heathen scum! Tell me the secret of your most foul Satanist bretheren, and we will give you a quick death." "The Owl flies to the East, where the All Seeing Eye guides All in perpetuity for ever and ever." "Say what? Oh well, figures they would be insane as well; Bring them death." Secret kept, no problem.

About governments and elites loving magic so much, magic and spiritualism is rampart throughout all Earth societies at every level. Christianity is frought with it (what is a miracle, hmm?), movies, television, books, and every culture has some reference to magic, spirits, or divine influence (of which magic is often attributed to). Now a days, most people think that magic is the stuff of story tales, but yet they still believe in the creatures that use it inherently (demons, angels, fairies, vampires, nature spirits, nature itself, even non earth biological entities [what would a person call telepathic abilities 2000 years ago? Certainly not biological.]). Now as it has always been, magic holds a certain dynamic within the human mind and everyone on this planet is affixed by it, or its concepts within their daily lives that stem from these ancient symbols and references to powers and abilities that can easily (not to mention realistically) be considered magic.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by GideonHM]

new topics

join