It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

old friends paranormal experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I used to have a friend a long time ago back in middle school. His family witnessed extensive paranormal attacks. And before you tell me that kids lied alot at that age, his whole family told me this. That's his mother, father, and little brother (who was in preschool at the time, not old enough to pull of that kind of a lie).

One time at 3 AM, one of his alarm clocks went berserk. It was ringing, and the numbers were changing rapidly. They later found out that one of their family members died that night at the exact same time that happened.

Another time, they were all in the living room when they heard a huge crash. It was their upstairs bookshelf that fell down. It could not of fallen down on it's own because it had steel attatchments to the wall. (was a tall bookshelf, easily fall down without reinforcements). They also later found out that happened on the same exact time one of their family members died.

Unfortunately, it was too long ago to remember everything, and there was a whole lot more too.

I would like an athiests perspective on these occurrences. I want to know if they have a logical explanation.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The only opinion I have on things like this told second or third hand, is that it sounds like a story. Without being able to question these people how can I figure out what happened to the bookshelf, for instance? People tend to embellish stories to make them sound better. The laws of physics don't allow for metal to just fail unless it had some sort of flaw in it, or the screw pulled out of the plaster because it wasn't properly anchored to the wall with expansion anchors for instance.

The alarm clock again brings up problems with analysis. Were they digital clocks? Winding clocks? Was there a problem with the wiring in the house?

You said yourself that the stories are too old to remember all the details. That doesn't make them very good stories, and difficult to analyze in any way.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I am curious why you want my perspective in particular, though.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Without knowing what kind of bookshelf it is it might have been to top heavy. I had one that fell down and not sure how it happened My bed was right next to it and before it happened I remember my hand hurting and I think my arm. I must have done it but it was weird as where my arm was it should have been hit by the bookcase but it didn't hurt. I was sleeping at the time and woke up after hearing a crash.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I am curious why you want my perspective in particular, though.

Oh don't worry, you helped enough. I just wanted to know if there was an logical explanation for this. I've read many of your posts, so I thought you would have knowledge that would dispoove their claims. As I think you are more one of the more credible members on ATS.

Sometimes science can't explain everything, and religion also.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by wildcat]

[edit on 1-10-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The alarm clock again brings up problems with analysis. Were they digital clocks? Winding clocks? Was there a problem with the wiring in the house?

I think it was an analog run by battery.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You said yourself that the stories are too old to remember all the details.

My fault, I meant that there are other stories that I don't remember.

Not that I do not remember all the details.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You said yourself that the stories are too old to remember all the details.

Sorry, bad wording my fault

I meant that there are other stories that I don't remember, not that I do not remember all the details.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

In my family there have been a stream of such occurrences (all over the world). I've known about them ever since I was a baby.

But why do you call them "attacks"?
They are no such thing.

They are simply manifestations of energy transformation, if you will.
THAT is the "logical explanation" you were looking for - complete with the habitual human lack of understanding (of such phenomena).

Regardless of the definition, there is nothing to be afraid of.
They are not "attacks".

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Vanitas]

top topics

join