It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 Try To Serve Citizens Arrest On Bush

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks to the internet, 1,000 idiots are able to find each other and pull stunts like this. If only they had succeeded in arresting Bush, then maybe they could all be locked up for false arrest!

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

These men took an oath under the law of this land, and lied while under that oath, Perjury at the very least

[edit on 1-10-2007 by C0le]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Curious . . .

Were the 1000 operating outside the protective covering provided by the Constitution? I am seeking to understand what would cause this incident to embarass America, if the citizens wished to no longer be under a certain leadership, and banded together in a lawful and peaceful attempt to begin a change . . that would be my question, no matter the country of topic.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Most excellent point Choice. The constitution may be in tatters these days but I think it still exists in a glass case on the hill somewhere.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Absolutely Wonderful! I am glad to hear it, although I wont hold my breath! I hope he is held accountable for staging a war against Iraq without cause! A vendetta is not a war crime, or a reason to let our military citezens die in a battle field.
reply to post by MichaelMyers

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

Look at the problems in your own country before criticizing mine.

On the surface, that seems entirely reasonable, until you stop and think that things are the way they are because of the U.S.A. has been exporting it's culture (the cult of the individual) at saturation level and the problems in 'your own country' (I am in New Zealand, not Oz, btw) are entwined with the problems in the U.S.A. The export of selfish culture has been exremely successful and has resulted in the majority of people being hoodwinked in serfdom (the distractions and pressures of survival and everyday living have made us take our eye off the ball in relation to the implementation of legislation that erodes our civil liberties).

I am glad I live in New Zealand, but I can see similar erosive legislation creeping in here and is seems to be pandemic in the Western World.

I am not anti America, but I am against the present regime. Does this make me a terrorist?

It seems that the education system in the U.S.A. is in dire trouble. However, a lot of U.S. teachers come to New Zealand to study our education system so maybe sometime in the future you will become as intelligent and upstanding as a New Zealander. I don't think this will be because we have the luxury of 'geographical isolation' and still manage to think for ourselves (we didn't support the (illegal) invasion of Iraq and thumbed our nose at the Nuclear ships that wanted to visit our ports).

Open your eyes, forget the patriotic rhetoric and don't let emotion cloud your judgement. From where I am , the U.S.A. is at a crossroads between being a wopnderful, free country, and becoming a despotic police state.

I hope it's the former.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
score one for the good guys !?!George Bush is NOT America, he's an idiotic American. See the difference? He should be subject to the same fate as all other war criminals. The more this "regime" is broken down, the faster America can continue to progress into the freedom it was founded upon.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is when we need the taser or a Penn State incident to take over that crowd. If they were all shot dead (1000) would you miss them?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by degenerate oto
score one for the good guys !?!George Bush is NOT America, he's an idiotic American. See the difference? He should be subject to the same fate as all other war criminals. The more this "regime" is broken down, the faster America can continue to progress into the freedom it was founded upon.

Seriously, I lost I.Q. points after reading your post. Why are you here if you aren't going to contribute something of substance?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not nice 'wondering', those kind of personal attacks on forum members will take you and the horse you rode in on outa here. The posters comments were in effect that Bush does NOT RULE American will and sooner or later things are going to change. Be nice please.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The New Zeal

Originally posted by AotearoaSon
It seems that the education system in the U.S.A. is in dire trouble. However, a lot of U.S. teachers come to New Zealand to study our education system so maybe sometime in the future you will become as intelligent and upstanding as a New Zealander.

Let's just hope they aren't going to New Zealand to study modesty.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Thanks to the internet, 1,000 idiots are able to find each other and pull stunts like this. If only they had succeeded in arresting Bush, then maybe they could all be locked up for false arrest!

Yes, and thanks to the internet idiots like you have the right of free speech to the whole world..sadly

its a shame you dont have the guts of these people..TRUE PATRIOTS.

Im sure when they start the drafting people into the army you´ll be the first to shout "ooohhh Mr Bush...i´m not going to your PHONEY WAR...you lied to me" but by then it´ll be too late because people like you believe, live and promote the lies Bush tells.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by andy1972]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
This is when we need the taser or a Penn State incident to take over that crowd. If they were all shot dead (1000) would you miss them?

Well in the last 4 years America has lost (apparantly) nearly 5000 sons, thanks to George Bush and people like you who love him...DO YOU MISS THEM.

You are NOT a patriot...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

Originally posted by degenerate oto

Seriously, I lost I.Q. points after reading your post. Why are you here if you aren't going to contribute something of substance?

And if you are a man of substance I'm sure you'll realise the harshness of your post and apologise to Wondering.

I largely respect the American public but I have to say I'm still baffled by how he (Bush) got voted in a second time. He won the first election using legal loopholes, which became common knowledge yet he still received enough votes a for a second term. Could anyone please explain how it was possible? I'm hoping it wasn't because of the 'I' word but suspect it might be.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A reminder to all...

Civility and Decorum are paramount to discussion here at ATS... This being a "Breaking News" thread, an even higher standard is used for the tone of discussion. These threads are often the "gateway" from search engines to new viewers.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Posting Conduct… Play The Ball – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Let's just hope they aren't going to New Zealand to study modesty.

Yes, well I'm sure that it would be beyond the majority rofl...

anyway, back on topic: as far as I'm concerned, and to paraphrase the 'wonderful'
John Lear : this is my opinion and you are entitled to yours, I think that this 'stunt' does help to raise awareness, and sure there may be other ways that members feel are more effective, but at least these people went out on a limb to stand up to injustice.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well i for one am really grateful that those 1000 people actually had the courage to pull of a stunt like that especially during times like today. They were very lucky that nobody got injured or killed.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
These 1000 people were well aware the worst possible fate they faced was a misdemenor arrest ticket.
Contrast that with the Buddist monks in Myanmar and tell me how bad things are here.
This was a comic exercise, equivelent to Gomer yelling "Citizen's arrest!" to Barney on the andy Griffith show 45 years ago.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Then the thousand got back in their SUV's and drove home with no IED attacks or car bombings. They then walked into their air conditioned houses and log onto their high speed internet to complain to fellow marauders how bad the US is why they shop on ebay for Star Trek Collectables....

The mere fact that they were able to do this shows us that liberty is still alive in the US and our rights are going nowhere. Why was NO ONE arrested? I mean, the NWO wants to get rid of all protesters, so please, tell me the logic as to why these people were not all tased and arrested if this is such a police state that we live in.

They could have each donated 3 hours of time to an inderpriveledged kid and taught him to read or even jsut paid him some attention instead of the waste of time they occupied.

The only way to bring aboiut change is to start small, and before they, the ones who do not want change know it, you are in control. We can do that if we start now in local politics. In 20 years, we could take back our country......

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelMyers

1,000 Try To Serve Citizens Arrest On Bush

www.infoshop.org

As George Bush made his appearance and speech today at the United Nations in NYC, 1,000 people issued a citizen's arrest warrant against him for war crimes and crimes against humanity.

(visit the link for the full news article)

now finnely i see peaople standing up for rights over there we need more but much more keep the work up

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join