It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evidence that may proove that there is an afterlife

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
For that, read the Skeptic's Dictionary article on OBEs.

The two phenomenon are closely linked.

I also experienced either an NDE or an OBE or something similar during an episode of sleep paralysis, a quite chilling experience of floating inches from the ceiling then going rapidly "out" into a black nothingness. It was horrifying. And I do not for one moment think it was anything more or less than a neurological phenomenon brought on by the illegal substances I was using at the time.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ah, forgot to mention ... the part about the Dutch research in the SD article about false memories is a good explanation for the seeming differences in induced and "naturally occurring" NDEs.

But I also think it is feasible that the difference is mental; i.e., the people having the "naturally occurring" NDEs had it sprung on them, with no preparation, out of the blue, when they thought they were dying. This set up a paradigm in their head that they associate it with an actual afterlife because of a lifetime's cultural conditioning.

The induced NDEs, therefore, are done on people who are expecting something to happen, and know they are not dying.

That alone -- the knowledge that someone is NOT dying -- could be enough of an explanation of the differences.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
a quite chilling experience of floating inches from the ceiling then going rapidly "out" into a black nothingness. It was horrifying.

I know I'm running the risk of being philisophical, but what if what you experienced was reality? Lets say that the labratory experiments recreate the NDE because the drugs given to the test cases actually bumps them out of their body. Wouldn't that be freaky?

We don't know how much we don't know. (If that makes any sense)

<< 1   >>

join