It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we 'Sims' To a higher power?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Its possible. But how would you prove it? And if you couldn't prove it, would it really make any difference to you at all? Since you are acting on the belief you have free will and have an existence independent of someone elses desires, and the premise is essentially unknowable, does it really matter?

I was a bad, bad monkey in Philosophy class, and it shows.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is things I think about this before I sleep, or other odd times. It can really mess with your mind especially if you are on any medication that has interesting side effects.

If anything I would have to believe we are a giant science project by some alien society. Far fetch? Yes, but nifty all the same. If you really think about it I guess we are God's science project

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A paper came out from a mathematician, which gave me the statistics idea. From that this is the gist of how I think it would work

If there is no soul.
If the mechanism of DNA can be completely understood
If physical laws can be completely understood
and a society survives long enough to do this.

Then someone will start with a computer programmed strand of DNA, let it divide and form a person, and program an exact input output system based on laws of physics/chemistry etc.

So now you have a game in some future society, 100 million games sold, each with their own earth with full populations exactly like us(assuming no soul)

That means the real society of 10 billion, have created 100 million times 6 billion people. The odds of you actually being one of the ones in the real world are quite slim. If the assumptions hold then statistically we should all hope for just one thing. Hope the 13 year old has a good ups backup power supply and saves often.

Luckily the 10 billion person society passed a law, "the rights of the electronic person", nobody can be forced to do anything against free will, or if you like karma, all user actions that are negative must be countered by future good things happening.

This is also why great spiritual events happen only every few decades, and why Steven King said in the book IT, the creature came back every 30 years. The 13 year old kid is hitting next turn, and jumping in 30 year steps.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shackleford

yes were are

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There is without a doubt something operating in the hidden from mortal senses shaping the minds view of physical reality building upon its own creative sophistication.

This thing we call life maybe nothing more than a power beyond our now limited comprehension creating a virtual construct for its own amusement to enjoy itself with beings coded by a DNA cycle to recreate and expire.

We have reached the point of gods with our technology to splice, create and grow new life in a physical mortal sense, as well as a digitally coded virtual environment. Our knowledge now allows DNA manipulation which is our own code language for creation of a sentient mortal being and the lesser life sharing our presence. We have created language to manipulate a virtual environment from simple arrangements of sequenced 1's and 0's interacting with our very senses and remote action input.

Our creation of a world our science conceives is on the cutting edge of our reality rivaling our own beginnings so long ago. We indeed could be controlled by a power that is light in nature, omnipotent, and totally segregates from revealing the existence of itself while still playing the game with moves we find baffling as well as mystifying and god like.

In that case our concept of a god needing worship would be nothing more than the very power which created us is worshiping itself by proxy. Perhaps that worship concept is a side effect of it being so pleased with itself, that the final product is created to act as the gods. In that, we are as gods ourselves.

Humankind has created the computer with power to now mimic our own thoughts and senses. Perhaps after our creation perfects itself to our current level, it will conceive a creation all its own.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by made2fade

Ive thought that sub atomic part alot before, are we a particle on some ones arm, and are they on some one elses arm, and so on and forth. but i advise you dont think about it, it'll only make your brain hurt.

ProTo

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
fortunatly while swimming i have never had the swimming stairs magically dissappear.

haha thats true!

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Shackleford]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I came up with the idea of this thread because on the official sims website this theory comes up all the time and i decided to get all of your guys take on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join