It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not really sure where to post this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
but i guess this section right here will do, just some.. uhh reflecting..

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?

Remember when you were a kid and your biggest worry was like, if you'd get a bike for your birthday or if you'd get to eat cookies for breakfast. Being an adult? Totally overrated. I mean seriously, don't be fooled by all the hot shoes and the great sex and the no parents anymore telling you what to do. Adulthood is responsibility.

After careful consideration and many sleepless nights, here’s what I've decided: there's no such thing as a grown-up. We move on, we move out, we move away from our families and form our own. But the basic insecurities, the basic fears and all those old wounds just grow up with us....We get bigger, we get taller, we get older. But, for the most part, we're still a bunch of kids, running around the playground, trying desperately to fit in.

Life is not a spectator sport; win, lose or draw, the game is in progress whether we want it to be or not. So go ahead, argue with the refs, change the rules, cheat a little, take a break and tend to your wounds. But play hard, play fast, play loose and free; play as if theres no tomorrow. Ok so, It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game, right?

Time flies. Time waits for no man. Time heals all wounds. All any of us wants is more time. Time to stand up. Time to grow up. Time to let go. Time.

Everything changes eventually. That's just the way life is and you have no control over it. Like suddenly people who you think are always going to be there, they disappear.

Why would you look back? The future's out there. And whatever it is, it's gonna be great.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My wife thinks im a bigger kid now aged 42 than i was when i was 12.

Its hit home to me lately that you really do need to take time out during our lives that seem to get busier and busier each year and enjoy just being here.

mojo

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Phantom

I totally feel you, man.

Here's a couple of songs for you that reflect the situation. Listen carefully to the lyrics.

Deep Dish - Say Hello

Andain - Beautiful Things

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?

After careful consideration and many sleepless nights, here’s what I've decided: there's no such thing as a grown-up. We move on, we move out, we move away from our families and form our own. But the basic insecurities, the basic fears and all those old wounds just grow up with us....We get bigger, we get taller, we get older. But, for the most part, we're still a bunch of kids, running around the playground, trying desperately to fit in.

When you hit those "teen-age" years, you start getting your first taste of freedom and you think "Wow ... I'm on top of the world. It can only get better from here. I want it all! I want my freedom. I want to do what I want because I don't have to listen to anyone."

Oh how wrong we were. If only teens could appreciate the "freedom" that they do have. Unfortunately, they don't realize that the teen years are often the years when they really do have the most freedom to, frankly, have fun, to be themselves and to even make mistakes. Yet, for the most part, teens wish that they could be older, to be adults. Oh if they only knew the truth...

The Canadian Indie band, The Pursuit of Happiness featuring Moe Berg, probably summed up that transition between teen-aged angst and adulthood best in their song "I'm an Adult Now". The lyrics are certainly poignant.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"Hot Shoes"? LOL!

SLPEXE

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
"Hot Shoes"? LOL!

SLPEXE

what you dont like shoes?

by the way, thanks for your contribution in my thread, it's greatly appreciated

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Actually I can appreciate hot shoes if they are high heels on a tall yet curvy redhead...blonde...or brunette.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i'm young, 20 years old, and a lot of my acquaintances, a few in particular, are always complaining about how bad things suck and how rough there life is..

..is it wrong of me to want to slap them in the face and tell them that they are in their prime.. theres very few things to stress about between the ages 18-24 and most of the things young people stress about is petty BS.. sometimes i get so frustrated talking to friends, telling me how they want to die, how they want to go to sleep for 30 years and wake up and be done with "all of this"

they don't seem to grasp the concept that things are only going to get harder and the problems you're going to face later in life are going to be much bigger problems then what we go through now

sometimes i just get so frustrated with the people i know that are my age that think their lives are just horrible.. when they're not..

growing up is hard, believe me i know, i'm going through it but when you're 20 years old.. not married, have very few bills to pay for, what is there to stress about thats actually worth stressing about?

does anyone feel me? understand me?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Phantom,

I starred you for that because you don't know how right you are.

If your friends are like that now, they ain't seen nothin yet!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Ditto that...they have a long way to go...
I'm 36...and I still have a ways to go..( I kinda still act like i'm 20)
But..I have learned that stressing about stuff..does not solve my problems.I can either do something about them if in my power to do so...or I cannot.Stress solves nothing.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
jbondo ,AD, thanks i appreciate your comments

hopefully one day my friends and acquaintances will see life as i see

hopefully its not to late though

new topics

top topics

join