It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox reporter physically shapeshifting on camera (video)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iamlysa

Lysa --

Are you trying to say that Nigel Tufnel is actually a reptilian?

Well, that does make as much sense as this reporter being reptilian. This is obviously just your typical everyday "YouTube" lossy compression.

I'm surprised that this thread is still going. I suppose most of the people who did originally believe this was something other than just compression artifacts have been set straight, but I some others have not. I mean, the original video that shows a perfectly normal reporter should put this one to rest.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Actually I have read the whole thread, not that it matters, but it sure seems like maybe you didn't read my post. I said nothing of bleeding, merely letting everyone know that this is a KNOWN bug, that produces artifacts that track loosely with contrasting colors. Which accounts for everything you see on the video.

blink, blink.

I didn't claim you gave the lag and buffering answer. someone else did BEFORE your explanation. Also, BEFORE your explanation, someone else posted the answer of "face recognition" software in the satellite feed. That isn't your answer either. I believe the face recognition example is the most likely answer as it addresses several issues. bleed over doesn't.

i suggested that those answers (lag/buffering and bleed over) didn't match the data, entirely. i'm trying to get people to think before answering, so it doesn't appear as if they just snatched the first idea out of thin air, cause frankly, ATS readers are going to be able to tell the difference.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Im sorry, I havent read the whole thread, but it says the video is no longer available?

Does anybody have another link?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by darksky
Im sorry, I havent read the whole thread, but it says the video is no longer available?

Does anybody have another link?

you can recreate the anomalies/glitches by downloading the video from Fox and uploading it to youtube. but i wouldn't suggest it since it appears to be in violation of their ToU?

since when is a news clip in violation of youtube's terms of use? weird.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I agree its really werid. And like you said before in a post you made its only going to make this grow wings, and become much more of a conspiracy if they take it down.. Well looks like either the poster took this down, or you tube took it down becasue of violations..
But the poster below me provided a link to the video.. So I guess its still up and going strong.. The new link is by one of our own members here CV. But this video is different, this one has music going to it, and has been edited..

And if it wasnt anything at all, why take it down? Id like to see the rules a bit more clear on what is okay to post on you tube and what isnt..

Thanks for your posts and time Undo
While I agree with you, I feel its a glitch, but Id like a logical explaination from an expert, where 2 experts can agree..

[edit on 2-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Found this one, dont know if its the one youre talking about but it seems like it?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I'm surprised that this thread is still going. I suppose most of the people who did originally believe this was something other than just compression artifacts have been set straight, but I some others have not. I mean, the original video that shows a perfectly normal reporter should put this one to rest.

Well you know how it goes... The WTFOMGALIEN!!! post that starts it all, then comes the dozen of "ya its something!" posts, then another dozens of "no its nothing!" posts, then the "its explainable!" posts, the "no its not!" that follows and it either pans out into something completely different than the original topic or 10+ pages of people repeating the same thing.

On that note... Yeah its just movie artifacting. We see it all the time. There was another thread not long ago with the shapeshifting woman and her "reptile eye"... The posters must be completely new to the internet if they've never seen poorly compressed videos before.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OP of video EricaSteinThe3rd

"This account is suspended"

after recently posting this video

www.youtube.com...

with the headline

Galactic Federation Scout ship

...aparently it was also removed from google video...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

you can recreate the anomalies/glitches by downloading the video from Fox and uploading it to youtube. but i wouldn't suggest it since it appears to be in violation of their ToU?

From what I understand, all news clips are owned by the news channels parent company and technically posting a news clip, especially with a logo, is not legal without the parent companies consent. Some companies are more anal then others about having their clips posted. Some companies are REALLY anal when it comes to someone posting a clip and claiming that there are aliens in it that are station employees.

THERE ARE NO ALIENS IN THAT CLIP. PLEASE MOVE ON.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Why did he get out of the camera view so quickly? His reaction is quite strange. Also, if it is a satelite problem, why didn't the sign behind him also change?

?

bacause the sign IS NOT MOVING!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Why would I post the original video link? Very simple. Because people like CanadianVandal keep insisting that it is a real reptilian. I don't have to read every page of this thread to know it's a ridiculous and pointless one. Deny ignorance; isn't that what this site is supposed to proclaim? Obviously, people here aren't doing that. Maybe shoving the original video link in their face a few more times will help them to realize that they sound like nutballs.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Meatclown

When I first looked at this, I didn't notice anything unusual and thought thr entire argument was total bunk. Now I want to know why the video is no longer available due to a "terms of use" violation. Sounds like somebody is trying to hide something.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
They deleted the video with the most views for "violation of the terms of use"
Mine is still up, not sure for how much longer though.
Take a hint they deleted it........ I wonder why

[edit on 2-10-2007 by CanadianVandal]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianVandal

Take a hint they deleted it........ I wonder why

Because it violated someone's copyright and was violating YT's TOC.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
reply to post by undo

Why would I post the original video link? Very simple. Because people like CanadianVandal keep insisting that it is a real reptilian. I don't have to read every page of this thread to know it's a ridiculous and pointless one. Deny ignorance; isn't that what this site is supposed to proclaim? Obviously, people here aren't doing that. Maybe shoving the original video link in their face a few more times will help them to realize that they sound like nutballs.

Clearly you're just trolling this thread, as that was not a question I asked. In fact, you ignored my statement entirely and tried to make it look as if no one had made any attempts to enlighten readers as to the Fox video, which clearly was the original impetus of the thread. The guy at youtube even links it with the explanation that it doesn't show the anomalies till its compressed on youtube. You, my friend, are arguing with yourself.

See ya.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Then why didn't they delete the footage posted 3 days before.

[edit on 3-10-2007 by CanadianVandal]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianVandal

He doesn't know. He's just guessing.
BTW, I painted a pic of Capt'n Jack Sparrow

Great character. Improbably employed elsewhere in this
thread.
Is "improbably" a word?

[edit on 3-10-2007 by undo]

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I said "pause it at 00:49". I didn't actually see anything at forty-nine. I was expecting to see half a dozen people make posts that read "Ohhh! I saw it! I saw 'such&such'!" And then this person says "Ohhhh! Yeah! Me too!"

It's called "Gestalt Psychology". The mind makes up what it wants to see and is influenced by external stimuli that insinuates it's true nature.

If you ask me, the reporter stepped off camera because he felt the botox making his face act all funny.

He's all like "Err...! Oh no! Can we cut to a commercial break, please?"

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
2 points.

1. The story itself. Its horriffic what happened to this girl if true.\

2. I was pretty much ready to dismiss this one as overactive imagination in the face of an all too frequent digital distortion (these days), but.... ,,,
if you pay careful attention to when this guy is moving his head off screen; the apparent ridges and such which look and feel like distortion, oddly enough, DO NOT GO AWAY as they should with random digital distortion (why should it care?); they are still visible in 3D when he is moving offscreen. I have never seen a random digital distortion that simulated , accurately and realistically, a 3D consistent disposition that tracked accurately through multiple frames. This simply cannot happen by accident. If you believe that, then I have a copy of War and Peace typed out by 100 monkeys. It is either a total hoax, or there is something very wrong with our erstwhile reporter.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Nothing's wrong with the reporter. Haven't any of you heard of CGI?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join