It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox reporter physically shapeshifting on camera (video)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Bad video compression = distortion.

However, if the video is overcompressed in a lossy manner, visible (and sometimes distracting) artifacts can appear.

Lossy compresion

Is that scientific enough for you?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Bad video compression = distortion.

However, if the video is overcompressed in a lossy manner, visible (and sometimes distracting) artifacts can appear.

Lossy compresion

Is that scientific enough for you?

So I need to add that to the growing list of explanations, none of which are fully in agreement with each other?

We don't need people who can read links. We need a satellite transmission/video expert, who actually IS an expert.

Just so you know, in case you have trouble understanding what I'm doing:

I'm in agreement that this is video compression. I know what happens when you compress an image. We are dealing with a slightly different situation here, however, as it isn't just an image, it's a moving image beamed from a satellite that is fine until compressed (which explains some of the anomalous right off the bat, but not all of them, and therein lies the trouble. we need an explanation for all of them, not just some, or this video glitch issue will keep coming back, over and over again to clutter up the boards.

So, the following questions are presented and need answers:

1. Is it a face recognition software artifact?
Or
2. Is it video lag and video buffering?
Or
3. Is it color/contrast bleed over and artifacts?

If it's more than one, which ones and if its none of those, then what?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
For one, reptilians are not stupid enough to shapshift on camera, I mean honestly, you think they just shapeshift willy nilly, shape shifters are in full control of their shifting, it is not like werewolves during a full moon, crimeny

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
why is this thread still in existance?

please read my post above. your post is, btw, against the ToS or something, surely. one sentence posts are supposed to be taboo.

put some effort into it, read my post above yours.

does that mean Im grounded?

put effort into what? a video mishap? its obvious so I didnt need to say anything

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

shape shifters are in full control of their shifting, it is not like werewolves during a full moon, crimeny

hehe in jest you speak as if you know something we do not.. Are you sure they are in total control of their shifting? Or are you making that up as you go?

Did you know some cases of Lycantrophy are induced with emotions and triggers, just not a full moon??

Thats like saying all vampires hate garlic! Or crosses work on all vampires.. hehe

[edit on 2-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Theres something very freaky about this......

(I'm not making fun of anyone, but I made this last night and I thought it might be appropriate here.)

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iamlysa

got to love spinal tap

weird video but funny

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamlysa
Theres something very freaky about this......

(I'm not making fun of anyone, but I made this last night and I thought it might be appropriate here.)

Pretty people. cute little girl. Nice acoustic guitar.

Doesn't answer a single question I asked.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

its obvious so I didnt need to say anything

Did you explain how it happens? Nope. Did you explain why the other theories offered either don't agree with each other entirely, or don't agree with each other at all, or contradict the rest of the information regarding video compression?

That's the answers we need if you want to see an end to video glitches being used as evidence of reptilians.

However, if you like to see these kinds of things because you find it entertaining to harrass people who believe it, then, as I told Mr. Penny, you made your bed, lie in it.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If this anomalie isn't explained sufficiently, it's going to grow wings and supporters beyond your comprehension. And when that happens, every person 's image beamed from a satellite and compressed, will be held up as evidence of reptilians and could be potentially dangerous or even life threatening to the persons in the images. Thusly, if you're going to claim you are denying ignorance, please either post a possible solution or find someone who can. Simply parroting the same three words over and over again, will not make this subject go away. In fact, this completely bogus resistance creates little martyrs, who then glean a following based solely on the very odd behavior of the status quo, who at the very least, could assist in removing the glitch theory with more effort than three words or mockery.

Frankly, I'm disappointed.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloS13

uhmmmmm, because youtube compresses their videos?

This is a lame answer. Lame, I tells ya.

I suggested, that in order to put this thing to rest, that we need to determine,
scientifically, how the odd features in the video are created and maintained.
For example:

1. When the guy walks off screen, the anomalie remains on his face, in the same place, even though his head has now turned nearly ninety degrees and moved from it's orignal position. if it were purely a video anomalie, why doesn't the anomalie remain behind where he was just standing and why does it follow his head off the screen and not move across the surface of his head to the side that's most visible?

So basically you want a primer in multimedia compression techniques? If you want to learn video compression in-depth you'll probably want some sort of math degree and a lot of software knowledge.

In short - obviously a feature of the compression used was able to track movement of a general pattern of pixels.

i.e. if a red square is located in a video at x400 y300 and moves to x500 y400, the codec is going to pick up on that and use that data to result in a smaller file by saying red dot goes from x400y300 to x500 y400 instead of mapping each pixel to each location the software knows the size of the square and key points it travels on a timeline. This is a waaaay oversimplified explanation but you should get my drift.

Of course human skin isnt a solid color but it's 2007 and software is able to be "smart" enough to pick up on that because we now have the computing power to allow for such compression.

Seriously you're not going to be happy with any answer until you understand the software involved. I doubt my explanation did anything for you because you seem to be so stubborn in admitting its just a software glitch.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

i never claimed to deny a reptilian existance but this is hardly evidence at all if any

just like the hillary is a reptoid and or a robot and alien?

video can be so construed with that i dont think youll ever get evidence enough to prove a shapeshifter, just like that reptialian lady video, such a #ty camera and and poor quality.

for one, i believe those that are reptilians know they are so why would that girl be prancing around doing la la la in that vid

the cameraman obviously knew there were difficulties going on and just asked him to get out of the shot to keep him from looking disfigured and the veiwer being distracted by the news.

look at the grass..is that reptilian lawn and reptilian fertilizer that made it also shapeshift? hmm

its obvious there were difficulties in filming from how blurry the letters in stone were after the reporter had moved out of the way

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Seriously you're not going to be happy with any answer until you understand the software involved.

No, I find that answer plausible. Entirely. And have said so before, when another person attempted to explain it as a sort of face recognition function in the satellite feed.

The only problem I have is when someone else comes in the thread and says its video lag and buffering. And then someone else comes in and says its color/contrast bleed over.

if it's video lag and buffering, why doesn't it appear on the original video, the one without artifacts? Does the compression remove a layer that basically hides or fills in the colors correctly, a corrective layer, so to speak? A very logical and simple question that doesn't require advanced mathematics.

if it's color/contrast bleed over, and the green is bleeding over from the grass on to the man's neck, why does it also bleed green over onto the neck of the girl, who appears to be in a building, not outside at all? surely there's a simple answer to this as well.

For God knows how many pages now, I've said it was a video glitch. You are the one having trouble reading that I believe it's a video glitch. You want to think that if anyone actually would like answers for this phenomenon, that they must believe it isn't a glitch. Even the guy who posted it on youtube said it was a glitch.

Le mew, le sigh, le frustration!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

the cameraman obviously knew there were difficulties going on and just asked him to get out of the shot to keep him from looking disfigured and the veiwer being distracted by the news.

look at the grass..is that reptilian lawn and reptilian fertilizer that made it also shapeshift? hmm

its obvious there were difficulties in filming from how blurry the letters in stone were after the reporter had moved out of the way

There was no need for him to get out of the shot other than to allow the sign to be seen, as the software corrected it all, if I'm to understand why the original vid from FOX doesn't have the anomalies and the compressed one at youtube does. The weirdness is caused by the compression. The questions of how this is caused, are what we are looking for. Also, answers given in this thread, that don't match the info as we currently know it, raise new questions, such as the answer that it was video lag and buffering. If it's video lag and buffering, why isn't it visible in the FOX version, the version of it before it is compressed by youtube? What process transpires to cause the video lag / buffering to be invisible in the final product that goes on the air, but that is removed by the compression at youtube?

Then the color/contrast bleed over reason that was given, also raises questions regarding the "Green" bleed over on the neck of the man and the girl. This reason was giving stating the grass as the bleed over on the man's neck. but there's no green in the video where the girl's neck turns green as her face gets all distorted. there's gotta be a better, more precise explanation.

These explanations are necessary because today, people are saavy enough to know there's better explanations, and those explanations don't require advanced mathematics.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Good night UK, morning USA. As per your request here's my humble opinion. My credentials? PhD Electrical and Electronic Engineering. 4 Years working in the Sensing, Imaging and Signal Processing group from the University of Manchester.
The phenomenon is nothing else but an error in the encoding/decoding of the video. It is a common problem and it has absolutely nothing to do with shape-shifting. Encoding/decoding of images and video is done mathematically and of course are subject to these sort of errors. Some of the encoding algorithms are based on the identification of patterns in the signals/data. For instance, a very simple encoding problem that you can try in your own computer is this: Open Notepad and write the following without the quotes "Bush hid the facts" and finally save it with whatever name you want. Close the file and open it again. You will be surprised of what you see. Some people (like the ones that insist on shape-shifting) will shout "OMG, Conspiracy! Bill Gates and Bush! OMG!". For those who know this is a simple encoding error present because the phrase has 4-3-3-5 characters which correspond to a different encoder.
I do believe in aliens/ufos and the possibility of reptilians but you guys, you made me laugh.
This thread was (sorry mod) absolutely stupid.
I hope you think twice before saying "shape-shifting! OMG OMG". Honestly people: THINK... THEN BE.

Cheerio

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Are you dense or something? if folks don't want to see a rehash of these kinds of videos, and don't like the subject to be reposted on the forum, you're just gonna have to tough it out for a few moments.

Excuse me.....last time I looked I thought the title of the thread was;

"Fox reporter physically shapeshifting on camera (video)"

not;

"Fox reporter's video suffers technical glitch".....

What's the point of belaboring it.....there isn't any shapeshifting going on here. It looks like you keep getting exactly what you want; technical, scientific answers and you continue to shrug them off. Would you like to reconsider who's dense, and who's stuck in a rut?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This thread is officially closed NOW!!!!!!! (or at least it should be)
Obviously none of you saw my last post, so for those that need to see it,
here is the ORIGINAL video link with the video:

myfoxla.com video feed

Ok??? There is no freakin' shapeshifting reptilian. It was a video compression issue with youtube. Watch this original video and you can see there is nothing wrong with the guy.

I can't believe how many people on ATS blindly believe something without even finding the original source material.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This thread will never be closed... its making ATS too much money in Advertisements.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

if it were purely a video anomalie, why doesn't the anomalie remain behind where he was just standing

I answered this in my post above, the compression bug tracks by the contrasting colors, but if you pay close enough attention you see it's not a perfect track. We see this alot in the movie business and it's a principle reason why we do not use compressed shots to check for color problems, animation glitches, etc.

2. So my question then was, why does the video lag and video buffering only show up when the video is uploaded to youtube?

It is not lag or buffering, as neither of these would cause glitches tracked by color as a compression glitch will.

Instead of getting an answer to that, yet another answer was posted by someone that didn't read the thread, that it was color contrast bleed over or something (which doesn't account for the fact the side of his face, as he's exiting the scene, never morphs and the artifacts on the other side of his face, stay in place). So I asked, is it video lag and video buffering, or is it face recognition software glitching out, or is it color / contrast bleed? Do you know what happened then? Not a flippin'thing. Just another 2 page of "it's video compression."

Actually I have read the whole thread, not that it matters, but it sure seems like maybe you didn't read my post. I said nothing of bleeding, merely letting everyone know that this is a KNOWN bug, that produces artifacts that track loosely with contrasting colors. Which accounts for everything you see on the video.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
This thread is officially closed NOW!!!!!!! (or at least it should be)
Obviously none of you saw my last post, so for those that need to see it,
here is the ORIGINAL video link with the video:

myfoxla.com video feed

Ok??? There is no freakin' shapeshifting reptilian. It was a video compression issue with youtube. Watch this original video and you can see there is nothing wrong with the guy.

I can't believe how many people on ATS blindly believe something without even finding the original source material.

Okay, this is the last time I'm posting this because it's getting ridiculous now:

The guy who posted it on youtube tells you to download it from the Fox link that you just posted. And THEN to upload it to youtube and that THEN the anomalies appear due to the compression at youtube. Okay? That part is resolved.

We already know the one from Fox is without anomalie and that the one at youtube is compressed and has anomalies due to compression.

Had you read the thread, you would see what the real issues at hand are. They are very simply answered, surely, by a professional satellite transmission/video person. So far, however, all we are getting is variations of the same thing without actually addressing the questions.

Here's a listing of the completely redundant and circular arguments that could be solved by simply addressing the questions:

1. it's video compression.

this one has been beat to death. we KNOW it's video compression for the last flippin' time.

2. the fox video doesn't show the anomalies, case closed.

we KNOW the fox video doesn't show the anomalies, for the last flippin' time.

3. the answers are simple, you just don't want to believe them.

i do believe the face recognition answer, as far as it was explained.
i do not believe the video lag /buffering answer without further info.
i do not believe the color/contrast bleed over without further info.

there, now, can you address the questions or have you even bothered to read the questions are you still on page one?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join