It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WeAreChange confronts Bill Clinton

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Also the chinese have jobs and we are helping them.

But it also takes jobs away from Americans at the same time, you know, outsourcing and all that.
Still think it's a good idea?

Not only that, but in the Carribean which you refer to, Jamaica is dying because of NAFTA. The local farmers have to sell their produce at a high enough cost to earn money and keep the farm, their families, etc. going. NAFTA can undercut them by a lot, so people buy the NAFTA stuff, at the expense of the local people. THe only ones to benefit are the NAFTA people.
Still think it's such a good idea?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So does anyone have a link to a new posting of the video yet?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
You guys are the best Im so glad you did this! Video soon please!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

I get my star wars toys from hasbro & from walmart, and they are all made in china. something wrong with that? no. we the consumers win, because we get the product cheaper..

In America we are taught, or more accurate conditioned, to believe the price tag is the only thing that matters. When you save a couple dollars you do it by allowing labors to be treated in unacceptable ways. But we only see the dollar price, not the true cost of embracing governments that oppress, and treat workers far worse then we would accept.

Why are we taught the dollar is all that matters? Because the dollar is all those in power have to control us. If we chose by what is right in our moral mind, they lose.

Also the Chinese have jobs and we are helping them. for them one dollar an hour is a blessing, so I don't see why it's wrong to help other countries. NAFTA was the best thing to happen to us,

Global trading is fine, if we also say, not only must you make the product cheap, but you must make your factories safe for workers, allow them to have time with families, and allow them a voice in their society. Unless slavery is OK as long as it gives you a few extra pennies.

on topic, those guys have nothing on bill. he was a good president and they can't find anything that he did wrong.

Bill is a globalist and bows to the corporations just like the Republicans. Remember when the goal is lowest price, the society that wins, and the one we will all eventually have, is a society of brutal control and restriction of a huge slave labor force ran by a few. This is the best economic model, the one that also allows that dollar less price tag. It is not the one that shows up in the realities of what is right and wrong.

We are giving you cheaper prices is a lie to keep people thinking of their God and making us worship it also to maintain their power and control.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
reply to post by jedimiller

Funny what short memories people have. How about the Clinton's involvement in the Whitewater scam?

Whitewater is way too complex for the average American to follow. What with the brain damage and the ADHD it is impossible for that to stick. Most Clinton worshippers would still vote Clinton even if they saw a pile of dead bodies lying around and Clinton with blood on his/her hands.

Here is that link that I broke.

www.cassandra2004.blogspot.com...

[edit on 2-10-2007 by SevenThunders]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
NOAP

I was not going to post again, but my Lord!! The chinese goods are made by slaves in a communist dictatorship, that has execution vans driving around culling its citizens.

This is complete BS and said by someone who has obviously never been to CHina let alone seen a factory. I have worked within the 4 walls of a factory in Southern China for 18 months. his factory had 12 000 people who were all treated very well. Sure the wages are lower than what you get paid here, but the money goes a lot furhter and the factory provides accomodation, 3 healthy meals a day and it even had it's own hospital and subsidised below cost supermarket. This whole mythos of slave labour is ridiculous. The fact is the Chinese work much harder and most Americans are lazy and without ambition, quick to blame other people for there problems.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
jedimiller, i would rather pay an extra 2$ to buy american than pay a country like the degraded chinese government for a stupid toy. ANd I stopped liking star wars after I realized lucas is not completely genuine.

thebravenewworldorder.blogspot.com

You would, most Americans wouldn't, otherwise they would make them hear. Blame the American people.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hmm, its strange... that Clinton video disappeared and nobody seems to have uploaded it again. Yet they have tons of videos of other government people on their site.

Strange.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
In America we are taught, or more accurate conditioned, to believe the price tag is the only thing that matters. When you save a couple dollars you do it by allowing labors to be treated in unacceptable ways. But we only see the dollar price, not the true cost of embracing governments that oppress, and treat workers far worse then we would accept.

No that is American society, simple materialism and greed. You are capitalist aren't you ?

Why are we taught the dollar is all that matters? Because the dollar is all those in power have to control us. If we chose by what is right in our moral mind, they lose.

Nice fairy tale. Almost everybody thinks about themsleves and their comfort, if that isn't too much then they couldn't care less about anything else. One thing about the Chinese is they tend to put their family and country first. They will take a lower job etc if they think it is helping there people and country. You wouldn't see that in America.

Global trading is fine, if we also say, not only must you make the product cheap, but you must make your factories safe for workers, allow them to have time with families, and allow them a voice in their society. Unless slavery is OK as long as it gives you a few extra pennies.

There is no slavery in China, a worker is free to leave a job if he/she wants. They also get raises and promotions just like anyone else, there money alsoi goes a lot further than here and they aren;t quick to throw it away on materialistic BS. ALot gets sent back to ther families.

Maybe you should go to CHina one day and see with your own eyes rather than watching FOX news or wherever you get your information.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
China has some wonderful people and many great factories with decent conditions. However, forced labor also exists.
And just so you know, Americans are not as lazy as you think or it may seem. They are generally ranked the most productive in the world.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here is a link to the video! www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-10-2007 by saltfever]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivin98
And just so you know, Americans are not as lazy as you think or it may seem. They are generally ranked the most productive in the world.

I doubt that is due to actually working harder than anyone else, probably more so due to technology acting as a productivity multiplier.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It wasn't nearly as exciting as I thought it would be.

They should have added something about all the drug shipments through Mena, Arkansas when he was the gubner.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drivin98
China has some wonderful people and many great factories with decent conditions. However, forced labor also exists.

An icredibally biased site to say the least. As you can see these are illegal factories making goods for aa local market. This is hardly government sanctioned business practice. you can be sure when these people are caught there punishment will be far less merciless than that in America.

Forced labor is also widespread in the US as well, you may want to open yor eyes to this,

Forced labor exists in ninety cities across the United States. It is practiced in a wide range of industrial sectors, including domestic service, the sex industry, food service, factory production, and agriculture. In the last five years alone the press has reported 131 cases of forced labor in the United States involving 19,254 men, women, and children from a wide range of ethnic and racial groups.

hrcberkeley.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It wasn't nearly as exciting as I thought it would be.

I know what you mean, what happened in the missing 5 minutes ? Also saying Clinton sacrifices children in front of a giant owl, just makes wearechange look stupid, like a bunch of morons.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
There is no slavery in China, a worker is free to leave a job if he/she wants. They also get raises and promotions just like anyone else, there money alsoi goes a lot further than here and they aren;t quick to throw it away on materialistic BS. ALot gets sent back to ther families.

Here is a stories about slavery in China.
www.manufacturing.net...
www.atimes.com...
www.opendemocracy.net...

The migrant unemployed people that come to cities looking for work are put to work on government projects, forced housing, and sometimes they receive no pay.

Also If you know you will starve if you do not work at one job in one place are you really free to leave?

Regardless of what you call slavery, my initial point of making consumers aware of conditions used to sell them cheap product still stands.

Sorry for post being so off topic.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yea ,Chinas a real saint, they love there citizens and treat them well here is a story about there kindness.

Chinese Kindness

link USA today

[edit on 5-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ok right, nice unbiased news source. Simple fact is people in the US are abused in just the same way. Have you ever been to China ? Didn't think so. So basically you have no idea what you're talking about. That's ok you're American, that is understood by the rest of the world.
Also it is if any slavery is occurring it is because American companies are allowing this. Any responsible American company(and there are few of those) know exactly what conditions the workers making their products have. The American century is over, face the facts. You are the only country in the modern age to officially allow slavery. Simple as that, China is a far superior country, especially culturally. I have lived in both countries for a number of years. Also the American eduction system sucks, never seen so many stupid people allowed into college, which makes me think that most American college degrees are worthless. England and Australia cover more work than the US 1st year universities do, how sad. And you wonder why the rest of the world don't think Americans on the whole are very bright.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by mad scientist]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Death vans are old news. This has been going on for years. Murder, strait up mobile murder vans by the Chinese leadership. I dont see any death vans driving down madison avenue grabbing civilians, and lethal injecting them, or a one child policy? Yea above ive been to asian countrys, there total dictatorships, where if you smoke a joint, or spit on the street its life in prison.No offence to you above, I read your writing and have no problem with your freedom of speech, Please Dont disrespect all Americans because our mafia leaders engage in war and tyranny all over the globe and ruin our name, the citizens who CARE want these atrocities to stop in all countrys. It is our country that is providing free speech websites something like this one so you can call americans names in peace.

China has limited internet and stifles dissent. I am wrong about the chinese internet? Are there death vans or not? Ive seen at least 10 links to different storys on this.linksChina is no more or less evil than US, but there unique form of inhumane actions are documented as well. America is not perfect , but we have some form of courts, and jurys, and cruel punishment is forbiden by the public. The govy does stuff in the dark, but they cant do these actions in the open...yet.

I want all people to have a free will, and appropriate punisment for there actions within humane reason. If you were in a life and death situation many Americans would stick there neck out, and die to save your american bashing beehind bub. That is how we are taught, and raised to help all, hurt none. this is the reason we are the target , because we want all to have freedom.Mafia representitve. do not count as Americans, neither do the scum media puppet heads on our garbage tv system. Real Americans are good people to the core, I know many. they accept all races and religions and as many kids as you can squirt out, heck we even pay welfare for the immigrant kids. But we are the bad guys in the worlds eyes. I wont put up with it that much, while others cower I engage your conversation, and I appriciate your opinions, and points well made.

Too many are being mind controlled to hate Americans and to be frightened of freedom talk. We built this on patriotism, and the constitution of free man. I dont care if you believe it or not. I dont care if you hate me, or add me as a foe. If in my presence, and harm is near you, Ill still fight to the death for you, and your family no matter where you live or how much hate for me is there.

Now where did that video go?
IDWT

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Death vans are old news. This has been going on for years. Murder, strait up mobile murder vans by the Chinese leadership. I dont see any death vans driving down madison avenue grabbing civilians, and lethal injecting them,

Ahem, I never saw any death vans driving around the streets of any of the cities I lived in. You make it sound like they just pick up anybidy and execute them. I guess America is far superior you only execute people in buildings

or a one child policy?

You obviously don't know the reasoning behind this. China is having anough trouble suppoetin gthe people it has, the one child policy as implemented to make the population manageable. Also people can have more than one child they are just penalised financially for it.

I dont see people getting there fingers chopped off for stealing. Yea above ive been to asian countrys, there total dictatorships, where if you smoke a joint, or spit on the street its life in prison.

Well they don't chop off peoples fingers for stealing in China, sounds like you are tlaking about Asian countries under ISlamic Laws. Also which Asian countries put people in prison for life for spitting on the street or smoking a joint ? Sounds like alot of BS to me, I hvae lived in Asia for aong long time and have never heard of this.

It is our country that is providing free speech websites something like this one so you can call americans names in peace.

LOL you act like it s only America, many many coutrneis provide websites where free speach is tolerated.

China has limited internet and stifles dissent. I am wrong about the chinese internet?

Yes you are very wrong, I could access any site I anted to in China, no problems including this one and many anti-Chinese government websites.

Are there death vans or not? Ive seen at least 10 links to different storys on this.linksChina is no more or less evil than US, but there unique form of inhumane actions are documented as well.

America is not perfect , but we have some form of courts, and jurys, and cruel punishment is forbiden by the public. The govy does stuff in the dark, but they cant do these actions in the open...yet.

But they do, like guantanomo eeryone knows it is there, as well as all sorts of other extrajudicial things the US governement does. IT IS IN THE OPEN.

I want all people to have a free will, and appropriate punisment for there actions within humane reason. If you were in a life and death situation many Americans would stick there neck out, and die to save your american bashing beehind bub.

Only if it affects their way of life. America has remained sient over so many issues whre people are repressed. Don't start preaching you don't have a leg to stand on.

That is how we are taught, and raised to help all, hurt none. Mafia Govn. doesnt count as Americans, neither do the scum media puppet heads on our garbage tv system.

LOL right, you are taught to be materialistic and that money and appearance are god. I have lived here, I do live here, I have seen for my own eyes. you can't BS me.

Too many are being mind controlled to hate Americans and to be frightened of freedom talk. We built this on patriotism, and the constitution of free man. i dont care if you believe it or not. I dont care if you hate me. if in my presence and harm is near you, Ill still fight to the death for you, and your family no matter where you live or how much hate is there.

I don't hate you, you are just an ethnocenric American with no idea about the real world. You live in a bubble and are brainwashed to see yoursleves and way of life as superior to all others.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join