It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Rambo and the Burma conflict.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
With the recent "Bush" speach that mentioned Burma and the fact that the attrocities going on in that country are becoming more well known is it possible that there is going to be future conflict involving the USA.

I mention this because there is a new Rambo movie being released early in 2008 that takes place in "Burma" . I have a gutt feeling that the public is in the process of being prepared for this possible conflict.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Samblak

No way! Is Stallone going to be in it? (sorry I should look at the links). I think he may be a tad too old for those kind of hijinx.

I am guessing that Burma has been picked because it is the only place within SE Asia that has the look and feel of a Vietnam movie but is not Vietnam. everyone else in the area are happily playing ball with the US at the moment so have no need of Mr Rambo's presence.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yes and not only that .... he punches peoples heads off and rips their throats out. This one will make all the others look like child's play.

Im pretty sure the trailer is on YouTube. Its pretty vicious and bloody so beware.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well, you see it as conditioning for a future show down with Mayanmar, I see it as a distraction from what is going on in the middle east. Trying to divert our attention and show the world how we really do care about human rights, all the while we do nothing about it. I will be shocked if we do anything more than offer a symbolic gesture now and again.

If we really cared we would have been in Darfur long ago. We would do something other than give money to North Korea. This is just a shiny object to divert our attention.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Having watched the trailer now I am convinced that that will be one of the worst movies ever released. Time for someone to move fulltime into the pasta sauce business I feel

On the subject of the original post, it could go one of several ways. It could end up as armed conflict - Burma is an important non-OPEC oil producer, they are also heavily involved in the drug trade (which seems to be another area of concern for the US government - profit that is, not law enforcement).

Alternately by pursuing economic sanctions that are ineffective against the actual bad guys (just as was done with Iraq for years) they can demonstrate that regime change is the only way to do this, assuming they have something worth installing a puppet government for - see above.

The final option is that the sanctions do work and then the US are hailed a 'doves' for a change and then this administration can say "see we are not always seeking to use force to spread liberty!"

Win / Win I think, except for the people of Burma who are no doubt suffering while the leaders of the Junta are living it up.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by EJHoover]

new topics

top topics

join