It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Again with the vaccines, beware!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

School-age boys are now being advised to get vaccinated with Gardasil, Merck’s cervical cancer vaccine, according to mainstream media reports. Previously, the vaccine was only recommended for girls.

The new male recommendation is based on the notion that boys could get throat cancer if they have oral sex with an HPV-infected girl.

According to some, however, recommending Gardasil to boys is little more than a scare campaign aimed at gaining market share from teenage boys.

Source:
articles.mercola.com...

Mod Edit: to apply external quote code, please review this link
Mod Edit: Posting work written by others, please review this link

[edit on 1-10-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I don't know who Dr. Mercola is, but he apparently needs to return to medical school for a refresher course. HPV has very serious ties to both Penile and Anal Intraepithelial Neoplasia, which are both pre-cancerous lesions only caused by initial HPV infection. In fact, the growing trends in HPV coincide directly with an increase in these forms of male cancer, so it wouldn't be to far off the mark to suggest that and HPV infection in the oral cavity might also lead to cancer in that region. Here are the results of one study conducted with gay men coinfected with HIV:

Study on HPV infection rates leading to cancer in gay men

HPV is a DNA based virus, which account for the largest amount of virus based cancerous growths in humans. This of course is not to say the RNA based viruses like Hepititis C and Human T-cell Leukaemia virus-1 don't cause cancer, but the majority are confined to DNA viruses. In the case of HPV, early creation of some genes known as E6 and E7 can act as a sort of modified nucleotide, which leads to protein expression, interference with cellular control of transcription, and disturbance of the cell cycle. To understand how this process happens, please allow embellish on the science a little. First off, normal cells function and divide under the influence of two specific genes known as Rb and p53. In particular, the Rb gene is responsible for not allowing cellular transcription to divide a cell without making sure it has enough proteins (these proteins are known as "E2F") for division. So we can see Rb is actually a cancer suppressor, but when a cell is infected with HPV it essentially hijacks this process and allows its own E7 gene to bind with Rb and create a blocking effect, which thus prohibits Rb from restricting transcription. Once this starts the cell will begin to divide at whatever rate it chooses, and of course this will lead to cancerous tumors.

The HPV vaccine, Gardasil, is not manufactured using Thimerosal (not that there is much of a risk otherwise) or live attenuated virus. In fact, there is little risk of side effects from Gardasil because it is produced using hollow virus-like particles with capid proteins resembling HPV proteins. There is virually no risk associated with vaccines such as these because they contain no DNA or RNA for an actual infection to be established. The only other substances contained in this vaccine are: Amorphous Aluminum Hydroxyphosphate Sulfate Adjuvant, Sodium Chloride, L-histidine, Polysorbate, Sodium Borate, and water. You can see details of this here:

HPV Vaccine Chemicals and Contents

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
www.news-medical.net...

According to NVIC's report, a majority of Gardasil adverse event reports to VAERS involved those who suffered fever, nausea, headache or pain; 14 percent were for syncopal episodes with or without neurological signs; and 8 percent experienced tingling, numbness and loss of sensation, facial paralysis or Guillain-Barre Syndrome. Although adverse event reports to VAERS do not prove causation, they can provide an early warning sign that a new vaccine may be causing health problems that could be important. For example, reports to VAERS of bowel blockage (intussusception) in babies following receipt of Merck's Rota Teq (rotavirus) vaccine prompted the FDA to issue a public warning to doctors and consumers on Feb. 13.

NVIC also found that there were several VAERS reports of HPV infection, genital warts and cervical lesions after Gardasil vaccination. It is unknown if the girls were infected with HPV before being vaccinated or if Gardasil failed to protect them. One case of HPV infection occurred in a 22-year-old girl who had participated in a Merck Gardasil trial in 2003 when she had shown "strong conversion to all 4 vaccine types" but "tested positive for high risk HPV" in 2006, according to the VAERS report.*

* comment: that's imho typical whitwash, first present the facts - vacinnees suffering from HPV following vaccination - although they remain vague as to not tip people off, then they bring in doubt, namely that one could not be quite sure how they got it while citing one individual case which has no broader significance. the fact that this vaccine is for (low) teenagers should ring a few bells, thouh, because 22 years old is most certainly way outside the 'target group' if you will.

looks like Merck needs more cash to pay the lawyers and for settlements they can't avoid.

Question: if the HPV shot protects so well, why give it to the boys, too?? to protect unvaccinated women? gimme a break, that's against their interest of selling more shots, isn't it? moral obligation ?

wait, let me guess, it's probably about 'herd immunity' again, so all concerns suddenly vanish in thin air while (only) happy, good looking and well dressed people populate the earth, like in the ads, contagious diseases are finallly defeated (as promised) and last but not least the rational folks turn a blind eye to the elephant eating the dinner table decoration - or cures being like the disease but more expensive and evenly applied to everyone for 'justice's sake'.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I had to post something after reading this. My son is about 16 months old. At 12 months he got his first does of MMR along with 6 other combined vaccines. Three days later my son had a seizure when I was trying to put him to sleep. It was a tonic seizure. Two days later he had another one while sleeping next to me. It seemed like in the past as well, when my son would have his shots, he would have rigid fits of screaming, glassy eyes, etc. I made a decision that enough is enough. I refused to allow my baby to be subjected to this any longer. I began doing thorough research and found that there were hundreds of thousands, not thousands, of individuals who were going through the same thing. Some were much worse resulting in death of their little ones or extreme neurological damage. There is something not right with the vaccine program. Yes vaccines are important. But they are giving them to babies at too young of an age. I mean for crying out loud, Chicken Pox Vaccine? Come on, let the children get the Chicken Pox and let their body develop a natural antibody to it. I got chicken pox, my daughter got it, and so did the rest of my family. And you know, none of us died. Here is a website link that has some interesting and sad stories of the truth behind the vaccine program:
thinktwice.com...

That is my two cents on this topic...

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i'm going to be infamous for this soon, but i must deviate form the topic a little again =)

wrangell: i don't want to scare you but please at least look into autism. my wife had me watch a segment of oprah that talked about autism and jenny mccarthy(?i think that's who was on) was talking about her son acting strange and having seizures after being vaccinated and she came to find he has autism. a lot of doctors brushed her off, but she finally found somone who knew what he was talking about and they were able to give the boy some therapy. if you look at the autism rates they have skyrocketed in the past few years.

apparently some of the vaccines have mercury or some other chemicals that some people think can cause these problems. we made sure we found a pediatician that used vaccines that were free of these substances. people assume it's the vaccines, and that's certainly a possiblity, but i would also keep looking at other causes. i do think that a lot of the vaccines are necessary or at least beneficial, but others aren't.

i agree that chickenpox doesn't need a vaccine. my parents and i also had it growing up, and we're fine. i think the more stuff we pump into our kids the more we're going to see diminished benefits and even negative returns. sooner or later it has to be better to be without certain ones than to have them all.

top topics

join