It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inquest into Diana's death finally begins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Inquest into Diana's death finally begins

uk.reuters.com

Ten years after Princess Diana was killed in a high-speed car crash in Paris, a judicial inquest into her death finally begins this Tuesday.

Two major investigations by French and British police have concluded the crash was an accident caused by her speeding chauffeur, who was drunk. But they have not satisfied Mohamed al-Fayed, father of Diana's lover Dodi, who also died in the crash, or a small number of remaining conspiracy theorists
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.independent.co.uk
www.telegraph.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Fayed wins Diana inquest ruling

*there are many threads here on ATS discussing the Princess Diana tragedy here is the link

edit: add search link for Diana threads

[edit on 2007/9/30 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don't know if this inquest will see a change in the official account of the Diana death.

My guess is this conspiracy will still be alive and well when the court finishes it's work on the inquest.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Agrees with you Jack, nothing new will come of this enquiry, it will be another whitewash. They will pull the wool over our eyes. So once and forall we wont question why or who killed the princess.

Hope fully it wont be a whitewash, but you know what the Political figures are like and if the royal family has anything to do with it. We will never find out the truth.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
From the new photos released in the inquest,

I tend to believe that the paparrazi were the cause of the crash.

New Princess Diana crash photos

These photos were shown in public for the first time Tuesday at the inquest into her death.

See images at the link.

They have spotlights shining directly in the driver's face, and most likely camera flashes as well, this would be enough to temporarily blind the driver IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I heard a news report today, apparently some pole suggests 1/3rd of the UK think there was a conspiracy.....I say what pole.....prove it.
As far as I`m concerned most people in the UK, at least 3/4rs believe theres a cover-up...now you can see why they would never say that.
You see, they make you think you are not a majority....that way we question our belief and think there must be things we`re not considering....and eventually follow like sheep (more like lemmings jumping off a cliff).
Even if this pole is correct, I would suggest 2/3rds are sheep.
Reading that news clip you posted sounds like Reuters must have some new evidence....well they must have, to be so one sided, or is there another reason?
Correct me if I`m wrong here but....isn’t this the fourth judge in this enquiry?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dillons

To be honest, I haven't followed the conspiracy angle of the tragedy and not paid too much attention to the inquest.

I just saw that photo and if you have ever been driving down a 2 -lane road at night and someone comes up the opposite way with their high beams on, you can be temporarily lose your vision.

So that is what I thought when I looked at the new photo.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I too have not been following this as much as I should if I wish to form an opinion, but it is so difficult when they control the information.
And I seriously try to be open minded.
If public opinion is ignored or if the media try to suggest, manipulate or exclude information there’s usually something there hiding.
Is this an old photo or a new one...I mean it’s been 10 years...how many more photos are there that support their case?.....it’s a little convenient don’t you think.
Diana was very important to the people in the UK and its clear from public opinion that there seems to be a trust issue going on and far too much secrecy and they know it.
"Justice not only needs to be done but seen to be done"
Don’t know about you but I have not seen much of that about lately...
Now that being said, it’s possible that there is much more to this than Diana and that the truth could be a conspiracy to discredit or set-up our Royals....I mean who knows....the media may be trying to help with good manipulation if there is such a thing, or maybe I`m too cynical.
My point being...we are at the mercy of our media and they need to report news not there opinion.....sorry I`m ranting on now.
By the way, history shows more examples of worthless enquiries and/ or inquests like JFK and his brother, John Lennon, Dr David Kelly, Monroe ECT ECT.
And, JFK Junior witch I`ve read on some web sites suggest Bush junior involvement believe it or not.
Look, I`m still ranting....but I feel better for it...: D

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dillons

Old photo, but not released until the inquest, so in that case it is new to us.

I did a quick search and found this article:
First view of Diana's last moments

It might answer some of your questions..

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I mentioned in another thread on this subject that my friend and I drove the route on Place D'alma late one night in a similar car at a similar speed.

Where the road drop down from the horizontal, it is quite sharp. When you drive over this point and down the steering unloadssufficienlty to make th car unstable. That could hev been the reason for the crash.
HOWEVER
What puzzles me was the statement from the Coroner yesterday, "We shall probably never know if Diana was pregnant or not"
Well thats curious as there was a Post Mortem which would have shown if she was pregnant or not.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I find several things that the coroner said to be a bit strange.

I agree with most here that nothing will come out of this inquiry, and I will even go a step further to say that it is nothing more than a distraction. Seriously, why now? Why 10 years after the fact is this even an issue if not to distract the people from something else?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

The answer to "why now" is in two parts.

"Why" - because it's a legal requirement to hold an inquest into the death of anyone who dies unexpectedly or if there is any reason to believe that the death may have been violent or unnatural. This applies whether the death takes place at home or abroad. If the death occurs abroad then the requirement to hold an inquest kicks in when the body is returned to the UK.

"Now" - coroners will not commence an inquest whilst legal investigations into the death are taking place. This is because the legal investigation has more authority to gather evidence than an inquest and it would be futile to hold an inquest without the results of the more powerful investigation being available. An early inquest also runs the risk of prejudicing a trial arising out of the legal investigation which is not acceptable.

In this case the French legal investigation lasted for years and was then challenged in a series of actions by Mohamed Fayed which delayed it further then the coroner decided to commission the Stevens report in order to try to lay to rest some of the wilder claims surrounding the event. Now that is complete and after further legal machinations by Fayed the hearing can finally start.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

Where the road drop down from the horizontal, it is quite sharp. When you drive over this point and down the steering unloadssufficienlty to make th car unstable. That could hev been the reason for the crash.

Thanks for the info, combine the front-end unloading with the blinding lights and you have the recipe for a crash.

That explains how this happened,

The question is now,

Was there a sinister plan going on,

Or was it just paparrazi parasites contributing to the factors in the cause of the accident.

We will have to see if anything comes up in the inquest.

I am not holding my breath.

top topics

join