It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See-Through Frog Bred in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I found this discovery very interesting and dont know why it hasn't been done before.
Being able to watch everything in real time, without having to dissect.

Masayuki Sumida, a professor at the Institute for Amphibian Biology at Japan's Hiroshima University, bred the frog to be a humane learning tool.

"You can watch organs of the same frog over its entire life, as you don't have to dissect it," Sumida told the news agency Agence France-Presse. The scientist announced his research last week at an academic meeting.

Also people that thought it is cruel to do such a thing, suggest building a computer simulation as an alternative, is this possible to assume what will happen based on data?

Dissecting animals for science has sparked controversies worldwide, even prompting some companies to create computer simulations as cruelty-free alternatives.

Source.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Denied]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
wouldn't this be more cruel? As the transparent frog are more prone to UV radiation, and thus are at a higher risk of getting cancer and organ failure.

lol, well sorry if I'm wrong, so educate me....

[edit on 30-9-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well, the bred frogs obviously will be kept in the lab, I doubt very much they'll be released into the wild.

I think this is great! If a bit gross.

Reminds me of the Visible Man kits.

new topics

join