It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A contradiction in the bible

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
before the bible readers do the typical "well you haven't read it so...", I was brought up Christian. And I walked away from it while the rest of my family still endured it, because I saw that it causes more bad than good.

The way I believe it should be is this: Don't EVER tell someone that their belief is wrong unless you, yourselves, are willing to accept that yours is wrong as well. There is no proof that any of the beliefs are real God fact, a feeling doesn't count because all beliefs have "the feeling", and you're hypocritical if you say they're just confused.

There are mistakes in the bible because it was written by man to keep people in line. I believe there is a God. But how can WE be his greatest? we are not even worthy to our creator a name with how much we hate, kill, conquer, and destroy.

There are many mistakes in the bible, but people would rather overlook it and still think it's written by men who were inspired by the holy spirit that is infallible. Here's a thought I was stumbled upon...God changing the skin color and language of the people, than sending them everywhere... wrong. If that was the case than nobody would go to hell for believing in something else. He put them into that belief so it's his fault if they don't convert. and we all know that the majority of so called "Christians" are bible thumpers( people who use the bible as an excuse to to be cruel, judgmental, and hateful.)

All through history, religious beliefs have caused bloodshed. And Christianity was the first to go with "believe or you'll suffer", believing because of fear is a false sense of belief. they're not learning to know the true word, they're learning so they don't go to hell. Hell, for those out there, was never fire and brimstone, torture for all eternity. It is just a waiting place for those that don't go straight to heaven. No one is staying in hell, and hell itself is right here, it's called Earth. There is more pain, torturing, hate, suffering, killing, genocide, etc than could ever BE in hell. Spiritual pain is less painful than the flesh, if spiritual pain was worse than physical than everyone who isn't spiritual in nature would be in agony for their entire lives.
so see people, your acts don't decide where you go. so reading and following the bible which was never meant to be taken literal at all, will not get you first glass tickets to heaven.
have a good day people

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Gosh, one gospel says one thing and another gospel says something else? Why, that would be a contradiction, and thus, an error in the Bible. By the very nature of the Bible's claims, just one error is enough to indicate the falsehood of the entire religion.

OK i am going to give you the benefit of assuming you are someone who has researched all of this. So, without further delay, how do you get to "just one error is enough to indicate the falsehood of the entire religion"? I won't go into detail as to why I ask for this as i am sure you are intelligent enough to be able to point me to your references that "indicate" that the whole religion is false.

Thanks. I await your references.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AotearoaSon
How do we know god is a 'he'? (small g for god was intentional)

As it would seem since that's the way you typed it.
Have you also noticed though that God will be incorrect without a capital G and Christian will be incorrect without a capital C and atheist is correct though with a small "a"...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Yes, but all matter is similar. If one does it, like sheep, the rest do. If a ripple starts vibrating water molecules, then every surface particle follows along. If on photon is fired, all others follow the path. Why should not God follow the same laws as his universe, or vice verse. Even then, you can go into another quantum field, perhaps he has multiple existences: reality, quantum, spiritual, timeless, time limited. Why not? If we see all these countless examples of things like electrons and photons capable of such advance movement and behavior, then why can't a God do the same?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by LDragonFire

Jesus(Jeshua) IS Lord!!!

Why beat around the bush, when you can have a direct relationship with the embodiment of scripture; Jeshua!???
Ask God if he is real, but be ready to surrender your soul to him. Ask Jesus to forgive everything you've done wrong.
God wants YOU more than you want him!!!
Get a 60$(I think that's the price) Strong's concordance, a King James bible and study.

You can't even decide what to call him and you want me to make a decision?

I used to be a Christian, I was Raised Christian in multiple churches, My Grand Father was a Baptist Minister from Arkansas. He would come to town and hold revivals that would go on for weeks.

I tried to have a Direct relationship, but it was one sided, my side. My prayers where not answered.

I believe in God, just not the Christian God. I capitalize God and Christian out of Respect for my Family. I watch them go deeper and deeper into this belief they have, but they seem to use Reason in all aspects of there life other than this faith they have. They are good Sheep, I'm Not. Also they choose to associate with mostly Christians[this reinforces their beliefs] , they make sure they goto church [need that Sunday Fix].

From what I have studied, It's not Real, Its a illusion, a Con, A Fraud. Have any of the Christians here studied History as well as other source's other than the bible? Have you studied the history of your Religions? Have you Any Idea how much pain and suffering the Christian Faith has caused in the world?

There is a Christian that rides the train I do, He asked me if I was a good person[this is the line he uses to testify or witness] After a couple of discussions with me, he avoids me like the plague, quite amusing actually.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Yes, but all matter is similar. If one does it, like sheep, the rest do. If a ripple starts vibrating water molecules, then every surface particle follows along. If on photon is fired, all others follow the path. Why should not God follow the same laws as his universe, or vice verse. Even then, you can go into another quantum field, perhaps he has multiple existences: reality, quantum, spiritual, timeless, time limited. Why not? If we see all these countless examples of things like electrons and photons capable of such advance movement and behavior, then why can't a God do the same?

Matter does not Equal Life! Its like comparing a Apple to a Rock. God the Father, The Son And the Holy Spirit, is a creation by man, with roots in Paganism.

If Christianity was of God it would be original, and not a cheap copy.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
For all those who say that it doesn't really matter what you believe regarding the Trinity, this may be of intest.

“The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of the Christian religion—the truth that in the unity of the Godhead there are Three Persons. . . . Thus, in the words of the Athanasian Creed: ‘the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God.’ . . . This, the Church teaches, is the revelation regarding God’s nature which Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came upon earth to deliver to the world: and which she proposes to man as the foundation of her whole dogmatic system.”—The Catholic Encyclopedia.

Not only is the Trinity dogma “the foundation” of the “whole dogmatic system” of the Roman Catholic Church but it also figures prominently in the basis for membership of the World Council of Churches. Truly, the Trinity can be termed “the central doctrine” of Christendom’s religions—Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant.

Who were the first theologians to coin the word “trinity” as they “constructed the doctrine”? The Catholic Encyclopedia informs us: “In Scripture there is as yet no single term by which the Three Divine Persons are denoted together.

The word trias (of which the Latin trinitas is a translation) is first found in Theophilus of Antioch about A. D. 180. . . . Shortly afterwards it appears in its Latin form of trinitas in Tertullian.” However, Theophilus’ triad was made up of “God, and His Word, and His wisdom”—hardly Christendom’s Trinity!

As to Tertullian, the encyclopedia admits that “his Trinitarian teaching is inconsistent,” among other things because he held that “there was a time when there was no Son.” So the least that can be said is that these two men had in mind something quite different from Christendom’s coeternal Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The word “trinity” stuck, and later theologians gradually “constructed the doctrine” as we know it today. Did they, however, build it on the foundation of Scripture? No, but on theology or philosophy. The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “Christian theology took the Neoplatonic metaphysics [philosophy] of substance as well as its doctrine of hypostases [essence, or nature] as the departure point for interpreting the relationship of the ‘Father’ to the ‘Son.’” Their problem was to make “God the Father,” “God the Son” and “God the Holy Spirit” not three Gods but one. For years, they quarreled over whether the persons of the Trinity were of similar substance (Greek, homoiousia) or of the same substance (homoousia). This controversy was settled in favor of homoousia at the Councils of Nicaea in 325 C.E. and Constantinople in 381 C.E.

The Britannica adds: “From the outset, the controversy between both parties [at Nicaea] took place upon the common basis of the Neoplatonic concept of substance, which was foreign to the New Testament itself. It is no wonder that the continuation of the dispute on the basis of the metaphysics of substance likewise led to concepts that have no foundation in the New Testament.” Thus, the very concept of a God in three persons of one substance is founded on theology or philosophy, but not on the Scriptures.

In my opinion, the trinity is one of the greatest conspiracies in religion.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Through a veil or through a glass darkly. Sometimes I forget to take off my sunglasses when I go indoors.

Your Israeli flag reminded me of something. When I was cutting pieces to make a Star of David quilt, I realized that not only is the Star of David made up of two triangles but beyond/deeper than those were two rectangles ("Ooo", I said to myself, "trianges and rectangles are two of the three most commonly seen UFO shapes". (Also, in the first Star Wars movie, triangles cross each from the perspective of the audience to form, well, you know). I wonder what a 3-D rendition of the Star of David would look like, perhaps cylinders? (what would the tesseract of the Star of David with its triangles and rectangles "look" like. I'm getting dizzy/floaty just tying to imagine such a thing). I wonder how a person might be transformed if s/he could comprehend it. Star of David quilt? Why? Me? No, I'm not Jewish. I'm an ex-christian judeophile. Shalom.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

In those days Jewish women were not married by men until they proved to be able to conceive and birth a healthy child. The couple were betrothed and when the consumation resulted in an infant which did not die within a cetain period of time, the couple was formally married. All post pubescent women who had not experienced conception (not sexual relations!) were called virgins! Mary was a virgin until she proved able to incubate and bring to term a viable fetus. Spreaking of "Marys" ("Mary" is a title, not a name), the wedding in the new testament was the marriage of Magdalena and Hey-Zeus. The annointment of his feet with oil using her hair is part of the ancient Jewish ceremony. If Hey-Zeus were truely the Messiah, I'm guessing that the oil would not have been oil, but crodile fat (Messah).

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I glade someone else has post this, for I been saying it on ats for a minute. If Jesus was God why did he say on the cross

"father father why have you(god in heaven) forsaken me (jesus on earth.
Not only does Jesus feels God present away from him, HE CALLED GOD HIS FATHER. He was'nt talking to himself.

bread of life John 6 25-59

For I came down from heaven NOT TO DO MY OWN WILL, but the WILL OF HIM WHOM HAS SENT ME.

Jesus was seen praying to God not himself and he was not talking to himself.

We sud only have one God and woriship one God. When you pray to pray to God through the Power of Jesus.

The bible in the begining said that God created men in his own image. IF God was a spirit only so would we.

Revelation chapter 4-5

Says that God sits on a throne holding the scroll of seven seals in his right hand. It says he sits, and that he holding the scroll with his right hand. Nor can God sit or hold a scroll in his right and if he does'nt have a body. After that Jesus comes to take that scroll out of God's hands.

A disciple of Jesus ask Jesus when was his own coming, Jesus said that no man nor son of Man know the timeing of his own coming. If Jesus was God Then he would know the timing of his own coming.

Jesus Christ is the perfect maninfestion of God, Jesus is one with God, when you see him you see God, and yet they are seprate and Jesus should not be worship as God.

The hole trinity believe is false cuz revelation proves God has a body, Jesus can not be the father if he is the Son. How long will we engnor scripture Jesus says that he came down from heaven not to do his own will but the WILL OF HIM WHOM HAS SENT HIM. Jesus was sent by God to earth to do God's work, not the work of himself. Jesus was not call God his own God, nor would he call God is own father. Jesus said it more times in the gospels than in John chapter 1 He said his is the SON OF GOD, I repeat you can not be the father if you are the son. How long will it take most of you to realize Jesus was praying to himself.

The fact is you worhip one God, you dont brake down God into three forms, when in fact the bible does'nt say it directly. You say that all three forms are one God, and so thats its ok to do it, thats just makeing it ok to believe what your church has tot you.

Think about it this way if you never went to church, or talk to a preacher, but all you have was the bible, would you understand the trinity belief or the belief that God is only one, and he is the only one you worship.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by slymattb]

[edit on 5-10-2007 by slymattb]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanunnaki

In those days Jewish women were not married by men until they proved to be able to conceive and birth a healthy child. The couple were betrothed and when the consumation resulted in an infant which did not die within a cetain period of time, the couple was formally married. All post pubescent women who had not experienced conception (not sexual relations!) were called virgins! Mary was a virgin until she proved able to incubate and bring to term a viable fetus. Spreaking of "Marys" ("Mary" is a title, not a name), the wedding in the new testament was the marriage of Magdalena and Hey-Zeus. The annointment of his feet with oil using her hair is part of the ancient Jewish ceremony. If Hey-Zeus were truely the Messiah, I'm guessing that the oil would not have been oil, but crodile fat (Messah).

You are very confused and very incorrect. Who or what in the world are you listening to?puz:

............Whirlwind:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

I glade someone else has post this, for I been saying it on ats for a minute. If Jesus was God why did he say on the cross

"father father why have you(god in heaven) forsaken me (jesus on earth.
Not only does Jesus feels God present away from him, HE CALLED GOD HIS FATHER. He was'nt talking to himself.

He was teaching us as His body was nailed to the cross. Amazing isn't it that He, in all the pain He had to be experiencing as He was being crucified for our sorry lives, was actually thinking about us and teaching so we could believe.

Your quote is incorrect. It should be:

Mark 15:34 My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken me?

Christ never referred to our Lord as God so that on it's own is a clue. He was quoting Psalms 22, the Crucifixion Psalm, that was written by David 1,000 years before Christ was crucified. That should bolster anyone's faith. Please read the entire Psalm and see how closely it parallels what happened.

As for the rest, concerning the Trinity.........you're on your own.

.........Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whirlwind

Survival behavior/instinct is fear. Fear keeps us from making fatal errors. Our species experienced some devastating event in the misty past which caused "religion" to occur (the pole shifted causing a worldwide flood and "God (really "godslike" ETs) left to escape the mess. Religious behavior is the organism's (individual or species) attempt to survive the next big trauma. The event occurred well before any "Bibles" or religions. Many events described in the Torah and subsequently repeated in the christians' old testament and then the koran were already described by the Sumerians. Educate yourselves! Put down your fictions and do real research. All religions are creations histories of men and their Bibles are histories of men and men's attempts to control others written and edited by well-meaning but gullible men or men with self-serving intentions).
Since these religions are more about mankind being abandoned by his "God" rather than an attempt to prepare for the next pole shift, this religious behavior could be more properly labeled as insanity.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Not a cheap copy off, just the only religion that, in those days, adopted other people's cultures, to make them more welcomed. Of course, we now see the Religion as closing its doors to to other people unless they adopt to it. I guess the church was the first figure of the perfect society that the US developed: Adopt other people's culture to strengthen your own, but always keep your own little things that are individual to your self. For the church, it adopted alot from all other faiths, and made something truly unique to all other faiths, a untied people. The holy trinity is not something hard to imagine. I've said it before plenty of times. it's very similar to quantum mechanics and other future techs. Something CAN be multiple other things at the same time. It's not my problem your mind can't comprehend it, but mine can. Just like an electron can be split into infinity, then rejoin into a single point particle, so too can God. Also, just as a string in string theory can be stretch onto infinity, and encompass the whole of the universe, so too can God.

Is it REALLY that hard to imagine such a thing?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind

Originally posted by humanunnaki

You are very confused and very incorrect. Who or what in the world are you listening to?puz:

............Whirlwind:

humanunnaki is way out there on this one. I've done a lot of research down through the years but this is the first time I have ever any of this.

Whirlwind; I may not agree with you but at least what you post is well written and straightforward.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Christ never referred to our Lord as God so that on it's own is a clue.

Thats not quite true.
The resurrected Jesus said at John 20:17

17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.’”

John 20:17 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
[A Public Domain Bible] [KJV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
As it would seem since that's the way you typed it.
Have you also noticed though that God will be incorrect without a capital G and Christian will be incorrect without a capital C and atheist is correct though with a small "a"...

Have you noticed we're not the ones trying to convert the world?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Please read the entire Psalm and see how closely it parallels what happened.

That can also be explained, not as him quoting David, but by later writers trying to make Jesus FIT the prophecies, so that people would see this man as something more than a man.

None of the gospels were written during or just after his death, but 70 or more years later. So there is no real record of what this guy said as he was dying, or even if he was a real person and not a mythical figure or an amalgam of people living at the time.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

Have you noticed we're not the ones trying to convert the world?

That isn't quite true. You may not be but many are trying to convert the world to their way of thinking and much of that thinking is very evil.

The converting Christians do is to offer you peace, love, eternal life....quite a difference between the two.

.........Whirlwind

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join