It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A contradiction in the bible

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Me, Myself and I? Past,Present,Future? It says that we are made in the image of God. Imagine a wheel rolling on the ground. It is one wheel, but only one portion of the wheel is ever touching the ground at one given moment. Of course it is possible for the wheel to be touching all sides at once, but then something would have to be wrapped around it such as burying it, thus prohibiting it rolling, but if you bury it what good is it?

In this way I believe God leaves function up to the individual portion of the wheel that is touching the ground. We are all touching the ground right now. "The heavens are my throne and the earth is my footstool" in other words, Your head which is in the heavens or "air" is my throne, and your feet which touch the earth are my footstool.

I believe nothing moves or has life unless it is supplied from the living one self. From men to beast, water to plant, and so on.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarBow
Hmmm. Actually, Jesus did say he was God many times. Folks just choose not to see it and the apostols say it as well.

here we go again

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

this scripture was added much later, which is a shame for the trinity because its the only place its says they are all one.

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
so, i pray to myself, that I will send myself so that i can be with you forever?

"Truly I say to you, before Abrahm was I am" and they took up stones to stone him. ? why? because to the Jews he just claimed to be God.
actually, he claimed to be alive before abraham, not that he was god.

The trinity is a mystery? Why, we each have a body a mind and a spirit? Are we not created in His image?
edit for clarification: I'm not saying that this is how God is but rather how who we are reflects who He is.
we also have a heart which is mentioned separately from the mind, which has our emotions. they are all just components of the same being.

our body does act without direction from the mind, the spirit onlt powers us. the body doesnt call the mind "father", the mind doesnt exist first and then creates the body.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned"

only mentions the spirit, no trinity here.

We can deny all we want but we can't use the bible to do it as it has been prepared to defeat all arguments against it if you'll just take the time to look.

actually, you have that reversed.

the trinity is not supported by scripture.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by miriam0566]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So, what you're saying is that the Bible we've been using for what? 1300ish, 1700ish years isn't valid?

John, who wrote the letter to christians so that they would understand the faith, doesn't know who Jesus is? This is beyond incredible.

How about this?
My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.
I and [my] Father are one.
Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

So, the Jews were upset because Jesus just claimed to be God the Father.

Oh wait, he didn't equate himself to the Spirit too.

But he did say to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

The Bible doesn't say Trinity. So what? If you're arguement could've destroyed the Trinity it would've died long ago.
If God wanted Johns letter left out of the Bible, it wouldn't be there. As if God has no control over His Word.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WarBow

John, who wrote the letter to christians so that they would understand the faith, doesn't know who Jesus is? This is beyond incredible.

How about this?
My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

Read on, a couple verses and Jesus explains himself by saying that he had claimed to be the son of God.
It never ceases to amaze me how readily Supposed Christians will side with Jesus' enemies and killers, in order to support the trinity doctrine.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarBow
How about this?

john 14: [28] Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

13:[16] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

both are from the gospel of john. in 10:29 (which you quoted) jesus was including himself with the people god is greater than. doesnt sound very trinity to me.

yes, the jews were very upset, but if you read several verse down, jesus clarifies himself, showing that he is united with god.

Oh wait, he didn't equate himself to the Spirit too.

your right it doesnt.

But he did say to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

naming three people in the same sentence does not a trinity make otherwise abraham isaac and jacob are a trinity and so are moses jesus and elijah.

The Bible doesn't say Trinity. So what? If you're arguement could've destroyed the Trinity it would've died long ago.
If God wanted Johns letter left out of the Bible, it wouldn't be there. As if God has no control over His Word.

john gospel is not invalid, you just misinterpreting several scriptures to fit a doctrine, most of the scriptures that prove jesus and god are separate people actually come from john.

also look up the history of the trinity, it doesnt really appear until about the 4th century.

this subject has been gone over a million times, all the scriptures you have been using and even the ones i suspect you are going to be using have been debunked in other threads

the father, the son and the holy spirit are separate entities.

www.belowtopsecret.com...' (towards the end of the thread)

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

" A contradiction in the bible

1. You shall have no other gods before Me

The first commandment is simple in its wording; there can be no other explanations for what is said or what it means. Yet modern Christianity does not practice monotheism in a pure form. Christianity teaches and preaches the Trinity The belief that the Father[1] the Son[2] and the Holy Spirit[3] are of one God. "

WOW..

You mean to say, me myself and I are THREE different people?!?!..

I think I got some more paychecks coming...

thanks

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Well if me, myself, and I are in heaven can you send "me" [Jesus]to Earth to teach, preach and die for us? Can you then have " I and Me" still in heaven and send "myself" [holy spirit] to Earth to give us comfort?

Ridiculous !

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

"" Ridiculous ! ""

yup, just like your contradiction!..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

wait, im confused, do you two disagree or agree?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Going to take a stab at minimalism here . . .

Jesus was not G*d. "Anyone who says differently is selling something."

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
reply to post by toasted

wait, im confused, do you two disagree or agree?

I thought I was agreeing with him, but I'm not so sure now!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
Going to take a stab at minimalism here . . .

Jesus was not G*d. "Anyone who says differently is selling something."

I will, also, take a stab at minimalism
Jesus was and is the Messiah. Understand what that means, before attempting to elevate him to God, something you will never understand.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Christianity teaches and preaches the Trinity The belief that the Father[1] the Son[2] and the Holy Spirit[3] are of one God.

No christian religion teaches this. The bible does teach that All three are one.

John chapter 6 v 33 I think v 33

For I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of him whom has sent me.

If you remember Jesus was seen talking and praying to God.

When Jesus was baptise God spirit came down to Jesus (If Jesus was God he would not need God's spirit) God siad this is MY SON whom I am well pleased.

Jesus called God his own father many times in the gospels.

If fact no where in the bible does it say anything like all three are one. If anything it talk about Jesus and God being one. John 1 v1 or The I am theory. But it does not include the holy Ghost. Trinity is fake. created by the roman cathics which we both know back in the day romans worship adols and was deep in paganism.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Christianity teaches and preaches the Trinity The belief that the Father[1] the Son[2] and the Holy Spirit[3] are of one God.

Originally posted by slymattb
No christian religion teaches this. The bible does teach that All three are one.

...leading anti-Trinitarian teachings of Christian history.....

According to John Philoponus... There are then three persons in God...

...The most extensive declaration of the Church’s teaching on the Trinity was made at the Eleventh Synod of Toledo in Spain (675 AD)....
...We confess and we believe that the holy and indescribable Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one only God in His nature, a single substance, a single nature, a single majesty and power.
We acknowledge Trinity in the distinction of persons...
...no one of them existed...without the other...

www.therealpresence.org...
Take your pick.
The first is heresy and the second is orthodoxy.
I think different religions teach variations on these and none fully understand it.
I choose to reject the trinity as a pagan hold-over.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
...Past,Present,Future? It says that we are made in the image of God. Imagine a wheel rolling on the ground. It is one wheel, but only one portion of the wheel is ever touching the ground at one given moment...
In this way I believe God leaves function up to the individual portion of the wheel that is touching the ground.

Thought you might be interested in knowing that you are a heretic.
Not that I expect for you to care.
Or that you should.

The best known Patripassionist was Sabellius, who gave his name to a still popular Christological heresy, Sabellianism. According to Sabellius, there is in God only one hypostasis (person) but three prosopa, literally “masks” or “roles” that the unipersonal God assumes. These three roles correspond to the three modes or ways that God manifests Himself to the world. Hence another name for this theory is Modalism.

In the Modalist system, God manifests Himself, in the sense of reveals Himself, as the Father in creation, as the Son in redemption, and as the Holy Spirit in sanctification. There are not really three distinct persons in God but only three ways of considering God from the effects He has produced in the world.

www.therealpresence.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
contradictions exist even in 'your' vaunted sciences...like if we evolved from apes, how come there are still apes here, and they aren't evolving?

and dont try to defend the above. It is as indefensible. Either there is observable major evolution of one species to another, or there is not. Otherwise science - which says there is - is lying and contradicts itself with false illustrations and theories.

Have fun.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrailGator
contradictions exist even in 'your' vaunted sciences...like if we evolved from apes, how come there are still apes here, and they aren't evolving?

Evolution states that humans and apes share a common ancestor not that we came from apes.

And who brought up science in this thread?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sorry I ment that Trinity is not written in the bible

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
since in genisis it states that, and god said let US make man in OUR image. it would seem that god jesus and the holy spirit are different entities.. as for the rest i feel that the book is invalidated by the church itself because of preaching known mistranslations and purposely changing some was originally written to fit its views and to maintain its power and control.. it kind of reminds me of censorship,,, it feeds off its own power,our own ignorance and intolerance, and it dosent matter if their rules dont make sense. they have to be followed or else.. even if they do contradict what jesus was trying to teach.. and yes there are contradictions. one of the main reasons for so many denominations is the fact of these contradictions,, it almost seems like the church itself has become the beast,, but wouldnt that be the best way for the devil to manipulate the masses? by using the book itself?? .. just some food for thought..

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

.. even if they do contradict what Jesus was trying to teach..

I would think that Jesus would have cleared up whatever contradiction there may have been.
If nothing else, Jesus was a teacher of the word of God.
How can we ignore that?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join