It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Super-Meteor' Lights up Northern Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

'Super-Meteor' Lights up Northern Sky

www.yle.fi

Finland's biggest astronomical association, Ursa, says that a light phenomenon seen over much of northern and eastern Finland on Friday night was a meteor -- the brightest seen in the country in more than 30 years.
The editor of the organization's journal, Marko Pekkola, says it was a superbolide, a fireball more than 100 times brighter than a full moon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wow, another fireball! Wish I could have seen this...There was one recently in New Mexico that I started a thread on...Interesting stuff...

www.yle.fi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ugh, is anyone going to comment on my meteor story?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

Wish I could of seen it too - guess I'll have to settle for seeing your avatar

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Naughty, naughty.. but, what the hey

Being that this is a conspiracy site, here's my conspiracy theory --

What if it was aliens that are sending these meteors our direction? Kind of like what the bugs in Starship Troopers are doing?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I saw this news. It seems there was some UFO activity in the region, and time of the event.From what I have seen in the sky, I would not be surprised if there was more that meets the eye with this incident. I would google all the links to this story and read the accounts.
Then give us a report.
DWT

[edit on 30-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wish I'd seen this one.

I was driving near Edmonton, Alberta back in the 80's when the night turned into day for a few brief moments. It was after 11:00 PM and it was like the sun had come out all of a sudden, but the shadows moved as the meteor shot across the sky.

If you ever get to see a really bright one, I guarantee it's something you'll never forget.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Ok, I will do the link search after I finish my college assignment tonight. Just too busy right now...

top topics

join