It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many anti-war protesters and advocates went out and bought Halo 3???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am posting this in response to the sheer hypocracy I have been witness to with a portion of society that makes me mad. I have seen some people I know who don't want a war In Iraq or where ever and who are against war but have no problem going out and buying one of the most violent "but entertaining" games going.I would think that If you were against war you would be against violence-in all forms or you would not support it in that matter.It's just another example of how screwed up our moral beliefs are in this part of the world.We say we mean something and we do the opposite when no one is looking.I guess it is OK to watch people blow up and/or kill them graphically in a virtual world but when it comes to the real thing,these people don't have the stomach for it.No wonder some people who had survived the last world wars look upon their kids today and wonder why anything like that would be "fun".I could go on and on but I would like to know If anyone out there feels the same way.Or am I alone on this..........

[edit on 29-9-2007 by ARNOMANNN]

mod edit: corrected title

[edit on 30-9-2007 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I guess I should learn how to spell...My bad!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't agree. There is a difference between real violence with real lives, and pretend violence that acts as a safety valve for our excess emotion.

People know the difference. Even children do.

I'm anti-war because I think killing other people is wrong.

I also love a good game of Death Match Classic online.

Pixels do not equal people.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
^ Yeah, pretty much.

There's a political aspect to war as well which is what anti-war protestors are protesting about. And killing people in a game is different because it's not so much that people like to kill or that they're maniacal or sadistic, it's the thrill and strategy.

Edit//
For some reason I clicked "Post Reply" before I finished typing. =|

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Paresthesia]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I am 100% anti-war, and yet I stood in that line up for about 5 hours waiting for that game, why? better to act out violence to fictional aliens then to real people.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I think this is one of the most retarded threads I've seen on ATS.

Seriously...

Real life =/= Game

Theres a difference.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I have nothing to add except to echo the above sentiments. Being against one particular military action does not mean you have to renounce all forms of violence, real or fictional, forever more.

Go back to listening to Rush, dittohead. People against the Iraq war aren't all head-in-the-clouds pacifist types, OR hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaliayev
I have nothing to add except to echo the above sentiments. Being against one particular military action does not mean you have to renounce all forms of violence, real or fictional, forever more.

Go back to listening to Rush, dittohead. People against the Iraq war aren't all head-in-the-clouds pacifist types, OR hypocrites.

I don't listen to that blowhard........... I live in Canada

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And yet, just like him, you managed to streotype a HUGE number of people as hypocrites, with no real evidence. Extraordinary. Perhaps you should consider getting your own radio program?

top topics

join