It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

funny music in my bathroom

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Everytime I go into my bathroom, I hear this music coming from the vent. It sounds like whistling and flute echos, with a beat to it. It's very calming and makes me laugh sometimes. The last one to live in this apartment is now dead. He either had a heart attack, or he died naturally from old age.

Does anyone have an explanation for this music. I'm not sure if this music is caused by the vent, or some spirit.




posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I used to record myself playing guitar and singing in my bathroom because of the acoustical effects. Also my mind likes being in a clean white room as opposed to other cluttered messes. Anyways, my neighbors could faintly hear me but it took them a bit to figure out what it was. Maybe you're hearing someone playing through the vents.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If you're in an apartment, the music is coming from another apartment in your building, obviously.

There really is no need to even think there is a ghost involved, or anything else supernatural.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah... first off, are you in an apartment or in a living situation where there are others living in the same building? In the last house I lived in, you could hear the neighbors' dogs barking from the vent. Neighbors, as in, the people who lived underneath us.

It could be something like this.

I would find it odd that a ghost or anything supernatural would pick the vent.

However, if you live by yourself, and you're the only one in that building, and no one is making music, I have no explanation.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yea Id agree with Major. Although I have heard strange music comeing from what could be haunted houses, such as the one I live in.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
[sarcasm]

"Hey neighbor!

I apologize for the noise,

It was me,

After watching the movie "The Bridge on the River Kwai "

And hearing those brave prisoners whistling that tune,

I broke out my flute and did a little karaoke,

Jethro Tull or something from that era,

I can't remember,

I'll try to keep it down next time."
[/sarcasm]


Seriously though,

Apartments are famous for carrying sound through the ductwork!!

At least you have some entertainment in the throne room!



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I live in one of those nice apartments in neighborhoods. Not what you may be thinking, which are those large five story buildings.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
If you're in an apartment, the music is coming from another apartment in your building, obviously.

There really is no need to even think there is a ghost involved, or anything else supernatural.


Oh no, don't worry, I believe there is a logical explanation for this.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Heh. sorry. Just doing my job.


So you don't have neighbors above or below, you're a one story complex?

How many units?

There was one story I heard a while ago about a woman who heard noises in the walls and mysterious sounds at weird times and it turned out her landlord had drilled peepholes and installed cameras and he was watching and taping her.

But I doubt it's anything like THAT.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
One story.

It's like one house with two units.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

There was one story I heard a while ago about a woman who heard noises in the walls and mysterious sounds at weird times and it turned out her landlord had drilled peepholes and installed cameras and he was watching and taping her.

But I doubt it's anything like THAT.


lol, I'm positive that's not the cause. It's probably just the way the wind hits the vent.

It's how complex the music is, that makes me think it could be supernatural.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Nobody lives in the other unit? If not, I would think a radio or something was left on in there. If yes, then it's your neighbor.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat
 


If it is a frequent occurance,

Get yourself a tape recorder and keep it in the bathroom,

The next time it happens you will be able to capture the sounds....

Then you can submit a podcast and then we can analyze it together.



(please don't record other audio, if you know what I mean...
)





[edit on 2007/9/29 by JacKatMtn]



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
(this may be hard to believe, as I am stating this late in the thread. please dont think I am lying, as I am an older member with no record of hoaxing)

Oh and I forgot to add that a couple days after when I just moved in, I caught in the corner of my eye a couple lights were dimming. And hose are controled by a single switch. Then they turned off, so I went to go check to see if it short circuited. But I found that the light switch that controls that circuit was turned off. There is only one switch that controls that circuit, and so the lights can only be on if the switch was on.

So this either short circuited, or something turned it off. And there were no other people in the apartment except me.

I haven't concluded that this was supernatural, or natural.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Nobody lives in the other unit? If not, I would think a radio or something was left on in there. If yes, then it's your neighbor.


A radio station that plays the same exact song constantly.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If it's the same song that would preclude wind on the vent.

It could be a CD cycling over and over again.

I like JKM's idea: record it and podcast it so we can hear it.



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by wildcat
 


If it is a frequent occurance,

Get yourself a tape recorder and keep it in the bathroom,

The next time it happens you will be able to capture the sounds....

Then you can submit a podcast and then we can analyze it together.



(please don't record other audio, if you know what I mean...
)


I don't want to mess around with the dead. I think it is whistling from the vents, but I posted this thread to see what other people think.





[edit on 2007/9/29 by JacKatMtn]



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
If it's the same song that would preclude wind on the vent.

It could be a CD cycling over and over again.

I like JKM's idea: record it and podcast it so we can hear it.


Unfortunately I don't have a recorder.



[edit on 29-9-2007 by wildcat]



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Neither do I but a laptop can do the trick if you have one of those and want to



posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
And I don't have a labtop either






top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join