It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Man or Mouse? Check Your Genes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 06:32 PM
link   
LONDON (Reuters) - It's small and furry and doesn't look anything like a human but the genetic blueprint of the mouse published on Wednesday showed there isn't much difference between mice and men.

Both have about 30,000 genes and share the bulk of them, while 90 percent of genes linked to diseases in humans are similar to those in mice.

"We share 99 percent of our genes with mice, and we even have the genes that could make a tail," said Dr Jane Rogers, of the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in Cambridge, England....

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=GFSUICCSG1AW4CRBAEOCFFA?type=scienceNews&storyID=1853002

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:22 PM
link   
MD you changed your Avatar hope he does not mind being presented on this site

Recently heard we also have a lot in common with Bananas
This is actually true we share some percentage of genetic information with them.

Yes, mice have a lot in common with us this is one of
the reasons we experiment so much on them.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i've heard there isnt much difference between humans and watermelons. most of our genes maybe similiar but its a matter of how our genes are being used that makes us look different, etc. etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I could've sworn I made a post here.... Now it's gone! I know I posted damnit! And it wasn't bad either! I know I made one...

By the way...I ain't know fruit either! (refering to the bannanna and watermelon thing)

kim

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 08:49 AM
link   
yes... are you mice or men? well im girl but i do like cheese....

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well for one, I know we are very similar to monkies, I didn't know mice!

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have heard from a few genetic scientists that there is a gap in the human dna coad and this is also the same with many plant's and animals. This could be by Symogenesis is so successfull.

Falcon

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So, when I killed all those rats in my apartment, I was killing a cousin? Dang, shouldn't have thron them out the window, they deserve proper burial.

join