It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun control is a distraction from the real issue. Part Two

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
(This the conclusion of the original thread post.)

In my opinion the “War on Terror” is in reality the “War on Low Oil Profits.” Deposing the Taliban in Afghanistan to give us access to Al-Qaida was the right thing to do. But as far as invading Iraq goes “W” missed the mark at first glance. Fifteen of the WTC bombers were Saudi Arabian, but that was not a good idea because Saudi Arabia has power and prestige on the world stage, and it would have potentially sliced into profits. Saddam deserved to be disposed of, but at the very least it should have ended there. The continuation of the war in Iraq serves two purposes. It increases profits for military contractors and it protects the U.S. government in all its corrupt glory. Follow me here for a moment. With the citizenry seriously outgunned the only feasible resistance would have to come from the military, but an overextended and overworked military is less of a threat, (especially if deployed thousands of miles from their homes, and dependent on said government for a ride home) and in time of war are less likely to revolt.

All of the prominent powerful societies in history that have collapsed have done so due to corrupt overreaching regimes (there is a Bush regime) that left a power void when they tried to reach for more. Cases in point are Macedonia and Persia, Egypt and Ethiopia, Carthage and Rome, Rome and Germania, France and Russia, Germany and Russia, Japan and China, Russia and Afghanistan, and America and Iraq.

I have been all over the board here, but that is because few, if any, subjects pertaining to America or liberties exist in isolation. I am a patriot and I love the premise and principles this country was founded upon, but I fear it has been poisoned by self-serving career politicians. The only remedy, and it is only a partial remedy, would be absolute term limits on all elected or appointed offices. It is my opinion this was the founding fathers’ intent, but in their naiveté, they did not specify one term per office per lifetime. What are your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Term limits will never happen. It does need to but it won't.

It seems that the politicians that we dislike the most are always in another state. What is needed is a movement to vote all of them out of office.

There are somewhere 80 to 100 million gun owners in the USA. I know that a large percentage would turn in their firearms if their comfort was in danger but I believe there would be enough for a very large army. It would need to be well organized and if so I don't think the US military would get involved, as it would be a civilian matter. Now all the agency in D.C. would be a problem but I really don't think they are that brave.

Roper

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What happened to Nazi Germany? Did the military stage a coup? No. Did the people revolt? No. Did the politicians force a change. No. Was it crushed by a combination of nations? Yes, but only because it tried to do too much and ran out of resources.

Where are the Nazis now? Some people think that they are in the US in the form of the fascist alliance between government and the military industrial complex (including the oil industry.) They don't look like the old Nazis, but a lot of their motives and methods are the same.

How do you deal with it? There is only one way. Like a runaway train, you wait for it to crash.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Roper

My point: as a deterrent individual gun ownership is not a relevant threat to the regime of George W. Caesar. We are severely outgunned by the feds as was intended. Let me say I NEVER vote for any incumbent elected official. What would happen to Disneyland if when someone got off a really good ride they immediately could go back to first in line. This is what our election system has become (a political mobius strip). Voting is a wonderful right; having my vote count an even greater one.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Problem is: We're the passengers. My mother-in-law is a survivor of the Third Reich. After listening to her I'm glad to have not been on that train either (having a 6 mos. old baby and being conscripted to crew a 88mm AAA battery near Mannheim).

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ankil

Russia and China will draw the line somewhere on the US's military aggression. I just hope we don't have a world wide nuclear dust up (pun intended.) But the domestic situation is a very strange one.

I have heard rumors on the web of talk of a coup from the military side, but the Nazi experience argues against it. Maybe some politician will take off the gloves and start calling a spade a spade in domestic politics. Asking the tough questions like who authorized the anthrax attack on Tom Daschele. Eventually someone in US politics will have to see the problem for what it REALLY is.

[edit on 3-10-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Guts from a U.S. politician? The integrity gland was one of the guts surgically removed when the oath of office was taken the first time. Why are incumbents re-elected so often? Because it saves a lot of money on medical costs when the winner has already been sliced.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ankil
What are your thoughts?

Mine is, "part two" was not needed. Double thread anyone?

[edit on 7-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

top topics

join