It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Apparent Suicide Bombing in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
On the second day of the Year of the Monkey, one person is dead and four injuried in the Chinese city of Zhengzhou, Henan Province. An explosion at one of China's busiest railway stations may be the work of a suicide bomber.

According to police, this may have been a suicide attack. There is no word of any groups behind the incident or the fate of the suspected bomber.

AlertNet

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just read the main papers for all of Asia and there isn't any mention of a suicide bomber. Although it is on AlertNet. I have some friends in Henan that I am gonna try to get a hold of but if there was a bombing there are two things that one could be sure of happening:

1: Within 24 hours of the government determining what organization was behind the attack, said organization will be hunted like a mad dog and brouught down swiftly, and probably without the media's knowing until after the fact.

2: If it was a politically motivated attack, anyone anywhere that has any link to the bombing will be in Beijing very very quickly, or they will just vanish.

China dosen't play around when it comes to stuff like this, they really make sure that they get things covered. It is also entirely possible that one would not hear of a bombing unless it was in a major international city like Hong Kong, the government dosen't like to look in any way weak.

~Urban

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Japan Today
Straits Times
Xinhua

All three of these Asian newspapers say the possibility of a suicide bomber still exists, including state-run Xinhua.

Two people have died from the explosion now, one having died later in the hospital.

I certainly hope authorities find who was responsible.

-B.

join