It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Many Faces On Mars! An Alien Connection?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here’s a collection of ‘faces’ on the surface of Mars as photographed during many of the Mars missions. Some members were not sure where to find them. So here’s a small collection of these so called ‘faces’.

Are these the vestiges of a long gone alien race or are they geological features? Do these and the other strange looking finds on Mars like the D&M pyramid, the so called ‘tubes’, weird dune shaped structures, and what look like fossils of Martian critters, point to an alien connection with Mars?

I guess we’ll never know for sure until some organization other than NASA and ESA get to work on the surface of Mars to analyze them. And that I presume would be at least another 100 years in the future!

But a few facts and inferences before one can go further:

1. The universe is + - 15 billion years old.
2. There are billions of galaxies and trillions of stars in the known universe.
3. Millions of star systems have spawned life, billions of years ago.
4. If they have, then many would have technologically advanced civilizations today.
5. Out of these, some would have reached technological levels unimaginably advanced even before the birth of our Solar System! As the noted scientist Dr Michio Kaku, Co-founder of ‘string field theory’, a branch of the ‘super-string theory’, has suggested, there could be a Type 3 civilization...

..So advanced that they have begun colonizing other star systems. Their energy output is massive compared to ours. A civilization this advanced would be able to bend space and time at will. They would probably be capable of interdimensional travel and even time travel.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There could perhaps even be a Type 4 civilization indulging in cosmic engineering, terraforming star systems by moving planets into ideal orbits around parent suns!

Now if they are so unimaginably advanced, is it a big deal or so far out to believe that they have visited our Solar System thousands if not millions of years ago? If so, did they play a part in terraforming Earth too? Science fiction? Far fetched? But logic says otherwise. It may have happened! They could have visited Sol’s other planets too. Mars, for example.

And needless to say, there are oddities on Mars that are as yet unexplainable. Like the so called ‘faces’. Are these of ET origin or natural geological formations? It’s easy to trash them saying that they’re akin to seeing rabbits and Santa in the clouds. But remember, clouds change shape countless times a second. The odds of seeing something in them are countless too! But these shapes on Mars are permanent and unchanging because they’re made of, or on, rock!

Image Enhancements by Kevin Klettke and Eric C. Lausch
Colorization by Keith Laney

And now back to Earth. Have a look at the illustrations of the Nazca lines in Peru. These can ONLY be seen from high up in the air. Just like the ‘faces’ on Mars!

Illustrations of the different types of gigantic figures
drawn on the plains of Nazca. These are visible only
from the air.

As to why those 'faces' on Mars are so ‘smudgy’ is because they are probably hundreds of thousands of years old. You know how ruins, a few thousand years old look from the air? Pretty smudgy too!

But the point is, are they artificial, made by an ET race thousands of years ago or part of the natural geology of Mars? Well, that’s up to you to figure out!

Cheers!

Courtesy:

Metaresearch
Darkstar1
Landoflegends
Thelivingmoon
Alienshift
Staruk
NASA/JPL
JP Skipper
Keith Laney, Kevin Klettke and Eric C. Lausch
Dangerzone Productions

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I guess you have looked at the moon and seen a face ? Does that mean the moon is some massive Nazca monument ?

Or ever looked at the moon when half full and seen the moon whole ?

Its called visual dissonanance - when the eye fills in the missing details - photos video etc etc

If these are proper constructions then I will let it lie but im convinced what you are seeing is the same psychological effect - and remember the pictures from Mars are retouched to glory (did you know the colour Red is only used because its what spectographic interpretation thinks the colour "Should" be all pictures are actually monochrome)

Good luck with the quest though - but never forget - "DENY IGNORANCE"

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I think that they are just the result of the way some of us interpret what we see, and you can see that if you take some time and put a scale bar on those images, the same as in that Nazca diagram.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
its a hard call, while many do resemble faces, you could always argue the opposite since they are so vague and hard to see. Nonetheless by looking at some of these they seem to resemble works of our old civilizations, i. e. the Egyptians, Nasca lines etc. which would make these figures around 10,500 years old. Thanks for posting them, i hadn't seen them before.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's very fun to imagine, though isn't it?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Interesting pics dude!

The 2nd,3rd and 4th dont strike me as being natural, however the others just look like rock to me...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I am not sure about all the pictures on Mars, the sedonia one is very convincing. I need to have more evidence to the contrary. Lets take a trip there and really find out!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Silk

I guess you have looked at the moon and seen a face ? Does that mean the moon is some massive Nazca monument

Ermm!! thats not a very good comparison. We (as analytical beings) use LOGICAL comparisons to build a LOGICAL arguement.

BASED on the fact that we assume BY COMPARISON that intelligent life forms will be ROUGHLY on par with our SIZE, we can then assume the fact that their STRUCTURES will be of COMPARITABLE size to our own on earth....

....which they are.

The MOON is a god damn PLANETOID, roughly 2160 miles diameter. So for STRUCTURED ARCHITECTURE that IS a VERY bad comparrison.

Or ever looked at the moon when half full and seen the moon whole ?

Yes, thats called "EARTH SHINE".... when the sunlight reflects off the earth, reflects back to the moon and brightens up that part ofthe moon wich IS IN SHADOW!!.
Wiki Pic... Earth/Planet shine

I don't want to sound condescending, and i do understand what you're getting at. But i just think the comparrisons of which you used were a poor examples for what you were saying.

just my 2-3cents

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
To me, they all look completely arbitrary. We see faces because we look for them. Look at the clouds, we see animals and faces in those, but they weren't put there by an ancient alien civilisation. You can look at pictures of rocks on Earth, in every place and see faces and patterns.

I ask this; if a Type 3 or 4 civilisation was capable of bending space and time at will and terraforming star systems, why would they bother making crude, flat doodles in the middle of the Martian desert? Unless it's space graffiti, I just can't think of a reason why such 'advanced' beings would chose to communicate with us in such a rudimentary fashion. With all that power, why not just send an email or make a telephone call!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

I don't think the OP was pushing the idea that these were made by any spacefaring group. I feel that he was impling that they could be the ruins of some past, low tech, civilization. Perhaps one that has died out for some reason.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Did you ever see an Indian listening to an Ipod ?

Here it is:

www.dvhardware.net...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

So are the Nazca lines products of visual dissonance as well? It seems fairly clear that they are not.

So if we can have similar occurrences here on earth, and yet have no idea as to why they were built, is it not possible, plausible even that there could be similar structures on other planets, remnants of a long-lost civilization? This is of course supposing that you believe in the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

I ask this; if a Type 3 or 4 civilisation was capable of bending space and time at will and terraforming star systems, why would they bother making crude, flat doodles in the middle of the Martian desert? Unless it's space graffiti, I just can't think of a reason why such 'advanced' beings would chose to communicate with us in such a rudimentary fashion. With all that power, why not just send an email or make a telephone call!

Who says that a type 3 civilization never set foot on Mars a hundred thousand years ago, built them structures and somehow Mars got wiped off by natural events or total nuclear war (like earth seems to be destined for)? History seems to repeat itself, unfortunately. We might even be the descendants of such civilizations that used Earth as their Noah's Arch of their time and decided not to interfere , wipe out all our ancestors' memory of any destructive technologies so history doesn't repeat itself, for a while anyway

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks for that ... I never saw most of those.

BTW, I have never saw the face on the moon ... I just see a moon. I see these faces and shapes very clearly. As clearly as I see the artifacts on this planet.

Sometimes, if it is something you are not willing to accept, or it would have to change your view of reality so much if you did accept it, it is much easier to dismiss it as mere coincidence than to open your mind up.

To me, the alignment of the Mars pyramids and sites lining up to the stars, more faces ... and the time frame being about 20,000 years ago (by the stars) ... I could theorize a lot of things, but, I will just say there is a possibility either Earth and Mars were in contact, or we could be Martians. Not saying it is ... but it is possible. A lot can happen in 20,000 years, including the loss and decay of a lot of artifacts and technology if you don't have the ability or facilities to repair it. Could have been an interplanetary war (missing 5th planet?), we have melted stone here. I won't get into that any more, since I am not trying to derail the thread.

But ... if you think that any anomaly on another planet is nothing more than coincidence, then why not the Nazca lines too? Must be some strange wind patterns and small tornadoes that created those lines that we interpret as shapes, since, the human mind tries to make sense of everything right?

I wouldn't know ... clouds are always clouds, the moon is always the moon, when I stare at 3D posters, all I see is a blob of colors, I was never very quick at finding Waldo, among other things ... but I see the faces on Mars. I could care less if there was faces on mars, since, it doesn't effect my life either way ... not like I will get to go there nor if it is real, will we ever get to know the truth about its past, unless they had DVD

It is good to be a skeptic, but not good to just dismiss everything because you find it fun to do so, but remember, don't always be a party pooper, if you don't like parties, don't attend. It will make both yourself and the people enjoying themselves have a better time. Not to say you can't disagree, but your opinion is not fact. There is no way to prove it either way for now. Finding some text on Mars (or believing some text here believed to be fanciful stories) could prove it. Having teams of acheologists studying the site in person could possibly find out more.

I have a question ... what will Mt. Rushmore look like after 15,000 years of weathering? What about Stone Mountain? How many sites in Egypt were buried in sand already among other cities, that they are finding and excavating in a lot less time?

Seriously, think about what time can do. Then ask yourself, no matter how currently improbable it may seem based on our current verifiable knowledge, isn't it still possible?

Personally, I would have to answer yes. Finding the theories to fit that is a bit of fun, but regardless of that, the answer is yes.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Further proof that the human brain is good at putting meaning to random patterns. This is the same reason why we have constellations in the night sky.

To me there's nothing here but rock formations, but to some there are faces and evidence of alien visitation.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Definatley a connection now, between ET's and egyptians. IMO

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My brother and I were discussing this the other night and he said that the face on Cedonia only looks like a face when it is in shadow? Not sure if he is correct on that one or not perhaps , but I do know that with a little imagination anything can have faces in it like wood pieces or rocks, clouds. I have even looked at tile before and pointed out faces! Although I will be the first to hope for previous civilizations on Mars, and poof thereof, I suppose I stand on the side of caution when looking at the above posted pic's. Good job on the thread though.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I see "Martian's best friend". It's so obvious! This is fun!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
*assumes a Mockney accent*
KAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!

[edit on 30-9-2007 by timelike]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

This one?

Yes, the way it looks depends of the direction of the light and the distance from where we see it, like those people that look beautiful until we get close to them .

[edit on 30/9/2007 by ArMaP]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join