It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible codes, an idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OK, so the bible codes amount to searching the bible for words and phrases that appear, either in a row, column, diagonally or whatever. Basically, it's like a giant "word find" puzzle.

Wasn't the bibles original form a scroll ? I think the bible was written before the printing press was invented ?

Wouldn't any bible code have to be calculated using the exact format of the original scrolls ?

As an example, there is no code if the bible is written as one long sentence, because there is no "grid".

The code also is altered if you print it in a book which only has 5 words in each line.

So is this more or less "proof" that all bible codes found using a modern bible are inaccurate ?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have to admit I too have had this very thought. Thus far the codes have used simple skip code analysis. But what about advanced mathmatics? How about multilevel polynomials? Progressive exponents? Kaos theory formulas? The current codes seem incomplete because they are........

Finding a few words out of an entire narative it would seem to me.

The codes are impressive thus far, but like a "first-grade-reader".

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I thought the idea of Bible codes were from the original scrolls. I agree there are great credibility issues in the theory if it's translated, reformated to fit on a page, etc. One might argue that God can put a code in either or both because, well, He's God, but I've yet to find someone who can tell me why God would wish to hide truth from us.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I saw this on unsolved mysteries last week.. they were taken from the original hebrew scrols!! Although I dunno if I believe it..Myself

Dude whats wrong with waisting 2 minutes? I just did, it was fun

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yeah as I recall the Bible Codes are done through the Hebrew scrolls. I think that the scroll is somehow entered into the computer and that's what they base the skip analysis on. But, since it's done based on a skipping of letters, I don't think that it would matter if it's in scroll or run on sentence form because you're choosing, say, every sixth letter.

Something that I think is interesting (and stupid at the same time) are people who try to teach that the King James Version of the Bible is the only 'inspired' version of the Bible that's not Greek/Hebrew. Some people try to prove this using the King James Bible Code. I personally don't believe that the KJV should be the only translation used, that's why I think it's retarded.

Thought I'd throw that last thought in there.

Shalom,
Tom

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Bible code MUST be found using the original torrah. Not the King James version either. You are right, altering the lines will alter, or destroy the code. This was some peoples hope. Yet, it exist for real and remains (thankfully). Code is also found in moby dick. Another best selling book of all time (I think its in top 5). So if god is to put a code anywhere, he would put it in the best selling book (the bible) and runner ups.

It must be used in same paragraphing and lines that in which it was written, and good post.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I thought the idea of Bible codes were from the original scrolls. I agree there are great credibility issues in the theory if it's translated, reformated to fit on a page, etc. One might argue that God can put a code in either or both because, well, He's God, but I've yet to find someone who can tell me why God would wish to hide truth from us.

God wishes to hide the truth from the unholy, the unjust, the impatient, the unwise. "The wise will understand" -Jesus. It was obviously meant for our time, our time being the last 100 years when such equations came into existence to decode it. Also, computers GREATLY help with the decoding, so this information is meant for a certain time and certain people. But eventually, shared with all.

If God is to hide a code for only the faithful to seek, why not the bible? It is the most produced book of all time! Also, moby dick is in the top 5 most produced, and there is code in there, assassinations, and the such. Obviously the code is widespread, but meaning kept subtly for the faithful. Anyone who thinks the code is chance, or fluke, clearly does not understand its mathematical precision, or does not have enough faith that God would communicate with us in this manner. Why not? I think its allot more original that coming to knock on your front door "Oh hi, I'm god *falls dead* -hand touches- this is whats going to happen". That is unlikely, but code through divine intervention clearly indicates his power.

I also think the code is realized by all people who read the scriptures subconsciously. Even if your not looking for the code, or have never heard of it, as you read, the soul remembers everything, thus, has the code imprinted in it. The subconscious will realize the code. Eventually, someone in touch enough with their subconscious realized they realized, and created (or conceived) the formula.

top topics

join