It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project for a new Global Century

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My fellow earthly inhabitants,
I propose to you, our own new world order. Why should there be so many wars? Why should so many children witness the horror of there parent being slaughtered? Why should there be so many starving? Why should there be so few in control of most of the wealth and resources of this planet? Imagine, a global society of freedom, peace, and abundance for all. A society in which you and I work not for greed or ego, but for each other. A cashless society because money is not needed when the farmers feed the people, the builders build for the people, and the only government is a counsel set in place to suppress only those that would seek to harm others (i.e. murderers, rapists, ect.) The resources are plentiful enough on this planet for all of us to be most comfortable. Fossil fuels are archaic at best. We already have free energy tech, but nations would go bankrupt if we didn't need their oil.
If anybody likes this idea, perhaps as a community we could put our heads together and come up with an agenda. Utopia is possible, if not for us, then our children or their children. Just have to spark the movement and break the reigns of power. We the people have the real power.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i agree many members here would to we need to try and make this reality whilst there is still time for we the people to act.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
UM, the USSR tried that. It's called communism and it doesn't work because humans (in general) are a tad greedy and want more than their fair share of anything they can get.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Right, Communism. That must make me a .... Well then, good thing it's not 40 ago. There are many people who are greedy, also if memory serves, the citizens of communist countries didn't have too many freedoms, not to mention there were only the resources of the communist country, not the whole planet. Maybe I'm naive, but I think there are enough selfless humans on this planet to overcome those of the greed.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viszet Oki
My fellow earthly inhabitants,
I propose to you, our own new world order.

Sounds good. Where do I sign up?

Why should there be so many wars? Why should so many children witness the horror of there parent being slaughtered? Why should there be so many starving? Why should there be so few in control of most of the wealth and resources of this planet?

Because those resources aren't distributed equally around the planet, perhaps? Water, for example...North Africa doesn't have enough, in other places, there's far too much. I should know, I've stacked enough sandbags on top of levees that I finally moved to Arizona to get out of the habit! Petroleum is another example...even if we had a way to stop using it for fuel and lubrication in our machinery, it would still be very valuable. Look around and see how much plastic you have within arm's reach. Look at how many cosmetics, food products, and industrial chemicals have their basis in petroleum. Now, notice that most of the world's known reserves of this material are in very restricted areas of the world. Good farmland is yet another example...the U.S., Canada, and Argentina have lots, Africa has very little. So long as you have this sort of concentration of certain resources, you're also going to have concentration of wealth, and concentration of power.

Imagine, a global society of freedom, peace, and abundance for all. A society in which you and I work not for greed or ego, but for each other. A cashless society because money is not needed when the farmers feed the people, the builders build for the people, and the only government is a counsel set in place to suppress only those that would seek to harm others (i.e. murderers, rapists, ect.)

Excuse me for a second...I had to turn down John Lennon so I could hear your post. Doesn't it all sound wonderful? Freedom, Peace, Love, Free Beer, and no doubt dancing Unicorns in the park. It's a great vision, but reality has a nasty habit of showing up an inconvenient moments.

The farmers feed the people? How much do they feed us? 2,000 calories per day? 1,500? What if I don't like Brussels Sprouts or turnips, and want a steak instead? Does that make me greedy, or just a person with different tastes?

The builders build for the people? What size is everyone's house? Can I have that in brick facing, or does everyone have to settle for shingles?

There's a common theme there, if you look. Who decides 'how much' of whatever we're discussing is 'adequate'? In our world, it's decided by the market...those who can afford more can get more. In your idealized communal paradise, who makes that call, since the marketplace can't?

I'm also a bit nervous about your idea of government. Who decides what constitutes harm? The cases you cite (murder and rape) are the simple ones. What about dissent? What if I want to stand up and advocate a market-driven society in the middle of the Utopia. Would I be 'causing harm'? Since I'm advocating a return to the status quo, and you think your world would be better, the answer would be yes, wouldn't it? Will I be suppressed? What about large undertakings? Things like roads (at least the modern versions) are very expensive, as are bridges, regional power grids, flood control and water management projects (just ask the Tennessee Valley Authority or the Army Corps of Engineers about that). Who takes care of these things in lieu of government?

The resources are plentiful enough on this planet for all of us to be most comfortable. Fossil fuels are archaic at best. We already have free energy tech, but nations would go bankrupt if we didn't need their oil.

"Most Comfortable" by whose standards? Does everyone on Earth get a nice 3,700 square foot house on six acres of land, like my parents have? Does everybody get an SUV and a sports car like my boss has? Or does everybody get a two room shack and a pair of sandals like some of the poor folks in Third World countries? Comfort is very subjective...

If anybody likes this idea, perhaps as a community we could put our heads together and come up with an agenda. Utopia is possible, if not for us, then our children or their children. Just have to spark the movement and break the reigns of power. We the people have the real power.

We do? I'm sure that the folks in Myamar are glad to hear that, as are the students and others who gathered a few years ago in Tienaman Square. We the people have the real power in some places. In others, that isn't the case (at least not yet). The idea of a cashless, classless, conflict-free utopia is as old as philosophy, but it keeps running afoul of reality. Utopia isn't going to be possible until we change some of the fundamental aspects of human nature....but then, it won't be a utopia of or for human beings.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Oh boy, change... What I wouldn´t give for that.

It´s quite obvious to anyone that we are on the path to destruction. Nothing is getting better, it´s only getting worse. What liberties we had yesterday are gone today. Governments are corrupt to the max, people are dying because simple (for us) things like water aren´t available.

I´d give my right arm to see changes made. Changes in the way we think, do business, deal with other countries, deal with our fellow man and we need to change the world greed!

A while ago, I was watching the Discovery channel talking about how far back we really are technological wise. They used the movie "I Robot" as an example. They said that pretty much everything within that movie wasn´t out of our reach today. But there are things stopping that advancement. Like greed.

But I hate communism, I hate it with a passion. :p But I like the idea of it. We work for each other, for a greater goal. But unfortunately, most people today are asleep to the truth. Some people, some governments are keeping others from progressing, and no matter how much we try to better ourselves, or them, we continue at a standstill.

If we truly are to succeed, we need to get rid of our apathy. We need either to A) Help with REAL help that will indeed help those people, countries to better themselves so we can continue the progress, or B) Cut our losses and realize that we can´t help everyone.

Another thing which annoys me, is that many countries have the mentality "We must help anyone in need, NO MATTER the cost to us!" However, they don´t realize you cant help a drowing person if you´re drowing yourself!

So in order for us to truly make a difference, we need to wake up, start fixing our OWN problems first, then attend to the other countries problems.

We are going through a vicious circle, and like a snake eating it´s own tale, it´s not getting us anywhere.

But I´m more then willing to start somewhere, let me know the time and place.

FK

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Because those resources aren't distributed equally around the planet, perhaps? Water, for example...North Africa doesn't have enough, in other places, there's far too much.

In a free cashless society, water could be distributed well enough; remember the free energy technology has to be liberated as well. How much sea water could be purified if it didn't take costly fossil fuels to purify it?

Petroleum is another example...even if we had a way to stop using it for fuel and lubrication in our machinery, it would still be very valuable

Many things would still be very valuable, but valuable to all, not just the few who get stinking rich from it and kill people to maintain it.

Good farmland is yet another example...the U.S., Canada, and Argentina have lots, Africa has very little.

Actually Africa has enough good farm land to feed the globe all by itself. Just the way it is, Africans are too busy killing each other in wars instigated by outside influences. Let's not forget, I'm not talking about just one country, I'm imagining the entire species in harmonious accord.

There's a common theme there, if you look. Who decides 'how much' of whatever we're discussing is 'adequate'? In our world, it's decided by the market...those who can afford more can get more. In your idealized communal paradise, who makes that call, since the marketplace can't?

Good question, my idea is the elected council. Perhaps all the food gets shipped to the grocery stores and such already in place. Everybody has food vouchers to get their fair share. Well who says what is a fair share? The elected council. Of course there will have to be a system of checks and balances, since power has a tendency to breed corruption. Does anybody have any other ideas?

What about dissent? What if I want to stand up and advocate a market-driven society in the middle of the Utopia. Would I be 'causing harm'?

Say or do whatever it is you want, all long as don't go killing people who disagree. I think everybody with there heads together can decide what constitutes as harmful to each other.

Comfort is subjective, but there is a level where comfort is based on need as well. A family of 5 would definitely 'need' a bigger house than a family of 2. Of course many people feel they need more than they really do, and feel most uncomfortable when they don't have anything to say, "Hey look at me, I'm better than you are because I have all this shiny new crap that cost a lot of money"

I know this is all fantasy, but didn't going to the moon used to be someones 'fantasy'? I suppose Humanity would need a spiritual revolution first.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

But I´m more then willing to start somewhere, let me know the time and place.

I wonder what would happen if we all took just half of what we have that we don't need, and give it to someone struggling just to feed themselves. Not to a charity, but to another human being in need. If the Rothchild family alone did that, there would be no people dying from starvation. Bill Gates could also do a whole lot of good if inspired to do so.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
One of problems I see is without money most people wouldn't got to work. They would just take the free stuff and go fishing or golfing. The reason we work is for the MONEY. This is the same reason people on welfare won't go to work. Free money and goods just wouldn't work with our mindset.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It saddens me to know we are slaves. Even in our own country where we think we have freedoms, is now narrowing down by the minute. I feel it is time for a change. Within ourselves, within our states, and our country. Whats it going to take to stop being scared and submissive? We were programmed this way, even as little children. Disney corrupting childhood, media feeding Bull to the masses, terror of the outside world. These things feed the way the Elites want us bred.

I think that it is a great start to even have the bells to present this idea. Of coarse there are going to be pros and cons in say: economy, resources, monetary systems, ect.. But why stop the idea? Keep rolling with it! More minds help build that idea further and it never draws a stopping line.

I think George Carlin said it the best, "The owners of this country know the truth, its called The American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."

Now I know not everyone is on board when it comes to changes. They are free to feel so. And I on the other hand embrace your idea. I thought about this for quite some time. But this is a long term process, I just hope you are in it for the looong haul.

Keep you ideas running! Dont stop here!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Larry B.,

I feel work as of now, does not feel rewarding. I feel work should be rewarded by a system. But why should money have to be involved? I feel a point/credit system would work fine, without the decrease of points/credits. Am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
For this to happen, we need an enemy. As proven over the centuries, nothing brings together humanity like an enemy, be it real or perceived.

I have watched the new series of Battle Star Galactica, and a few episodes have brought me to tears, the selfless acts of heroism, the sacrifice for the greater good, etc. In the face of the "cylon" threat the remnants of humanity strive.

Now we have many enemies amongst ourselves, but what if we had an enemy from the outside, ie a non-human enemy - an enemy that threatened our very existence?

Then, and only then, would you would see us shine as one star.

-SB

[edit on 30-9-2007 by sobolwolf]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larry B.

One of problems I see is without money most people wouldn't got to work. They would just take the free stuff and go fishing or golfing. The reason we work is for the MONEY. This is the same reason people on welfare won't go to work. Free money and goods just wouldn't work with our mindset.

There are alternatives to money, such as bartering. Work would still be involved.

I've worked alot of years with welfare moms and no, that isn't the reason they don't work. They don't work because they come from such dysfunctional families, that they don't have the skills required to be able to show up everyday on time, work efficiently with authority/bosses, (they often have problems with authority figures because of their families), etc.
Most would love to work, given an opportunity.

Or how about this? If we weren't spending bookoo bucks for all of our war toys, our govt would have enough to take care of everyone without having to work so hard. This isn't Communism, this is in essence what Dwight Eisenhower said.

Or, if you don't agree with that, here's something else to think about: For almost all of humanity's history, we have not gone to work at jobs in cubicles/offices or worked for someone else and received money. Mostly, we have been tribal and lived off the land. It was a shared, tribal economy - what many would call Communism today. But it worked, because all the tribal members pitched in and did the work required to sustain themselves - which came to about 3 hours per day, experts say. While they did the work, they sang, told stories and used it as an opportunity to bond with fellow tribal members; they were also working outside, getting exercise, so it was a very healthy lifestyle. Many tribes were not warlike - they found other ways to deal with enemies.

So you see, it doesn't have to be the way it is and human nature isn't the problem. Tribes have demonstrated for millinnia that they don't have to be warlike and that they can live in harmony, without money. THAT'S the norm, not the way it is now. I think our society is falling apart and getting worse, not better, since we have all been conditioned not to question the status quo. At least here in America.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It is sad... But the majority of the people need to see more of this suffering, pain, and death before they become really tired of it and want to change. It really is a shame because there are so many people ready for this change right now... They must wait for the collective majority to reach the same point and then we will have total power and control of ourselves and our planet... Together.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have always wished to live off the land because it has more meaning. Your not working a job you hate,you're working to survive and feed your family,not to buy bobby an Ipod for $400.00 or a dell for $5,000.00.

Only problem is that there's not a spot on this planet left that's free.It would have to be A totally orchestrated revolutionary uprising to overthrow all of the worlds governments at once,because if you didn't,they would shut it all down by military might.

I agree with the theory but trying to organize something of this magnitude is hard to conceive especially when most people talk a good game.

That's why I choose to stick with no friends and only family members considering we can all trust eachother and have the same motivation.(trying to survive and being dependent on one another).

Wouldn't work for the simple fact that the human species is greedy. Somewhere somebody will abuse their power and we go right back to where we started.

The spread of knowledge and education has taught mankind little in the art of self control and even less in the art of living with one another.(author unknown)

With all of this education comes knowledge which equals power and when people have power they mistakenly believe they are gods.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I am under the slight impression that maybe humanity has become conditioned to greed, that it is not just human nature. Human nature is to love. Children's first definable feeling is love for mom and dad. But what happens to the person who was once a child and that love is forsaken? Children used to be raised by the community. The majority of my generation was raised by the school, the daycare, the single parent. The isolation from nurturing balance starts at so young with so many, and when the lonely, frustrated kid rebels because deep down, he knows this isn't natural, its off the shrink we go to get effed up on brain numbing what ever it is they give kids these days. Mom and Dad, I say to you, Take Your Children Back! Show them the love they deserve. Give them the discipline they need to be tomorrows revolutionaries. Let them be who they are full of imagination and expression. Show them what freedom is so they will recognize oppression. You are the parent, not the school, not the daycare, and most of all not the GOD&$*& television. That my friends is where we can start to change the world. In our own homes, with our own children.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Viszet Oki]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think a system should be set in place by the council elected by the people that would insure a fair balance. If you refuse to contribute to the community, then the community will refuse to contribute to you.
I also think the TV has to go as well...
Or at least something different be done with it. Entirely too many people are more interested in the drama of the latest reality TV show then they are with reality itself. I mean really, who gives a &#*@ if Joe Blow gets voted off the island, your next door neighbor just got tasered and thrown in jail for asking a question. Your other neighbors 10 year old daughter has been missing for three days now, where were you when the nondescript van picked her up off her bike in front of your house?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

I agree with the theory but trying to organize something of this magnitude is hard to conceive especially when most people talk a good game.

Well that is why I initiated this project if you will, of course it is hard to conceive! That doesn't make it impossible. Come on people, where are the ideas? How do we make this possible? What actions could be taken to bring about this change? The New World Order is coming. Why should we let them have it? This is our planet. This is our lives. Our freedom. Our pursuit of happiness. Together we are the great race of humanity and we will not be struck down like cattle! By the way, I think recruiting some high ranking members of the military would be a plus. Maybe we even need a secret society and place members in high ranking government positions around the world.

Also I don't think this little dream society would need a police force. If someone was murdered, there are those skilled in the investigative arts. Bring the evidence to a judge elected be the people and get together a good ole possy and bring him into to trial.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Viszet Oki

I definately agree with you that something has to be done because this world has become a cesspool and needs to be flushed.As it is ,I have been and will continue teaching my children morals and not to conform to society,but to follow what they believe is right in their hearts even if that means going against everything I teach them.

You not only need to get rid of TV but you truly have to make the whole community equal.No rich no poor.We need to get rid of all things of vanity which would make somebody want what they don't have.Jewels,gold,etc...Basically what you need to survive.Do you really need 24 inch spinners or a $200,000 car?

Remember that simplicity is the answer.The essentials food,clothing and shelter.I also undersatnd that as you said tribes and so on have done it but you have to remember that's also on a much smaller scale than you are suggesting.

I definately think the barter thing is a more meaningful way of living.Instead of working a job you hate to buy something you don't need to compete with someone else in life.I believe it would also have a positive affect on people as far being social.Instead of wanting to fight or kill somebody for what they have, we would help one another(as you stated) thus making a tight bond with our community as a big family.I'm a man of many trades so I could do my part.

To be honest it would be like ressettling America all over again from scratch.It's going to happen either way.The government is going to force the strong minded and strong willed people to survive.Not everyone is going to roll over and submitt to a NWO. You personally will have to kill me before I allow someone or something to choose my destiny for me and my family.

Here's my suggestion.All kidding aside,we should start a presidential campaign with me running.My point is you don't need all the campaign money ,you need somebody like me or you (an everyday joe who breaks his a$$ for a living) running for office.Someone who doesn't talk (a good game) to the people but makes a connection.We would know what they need since we are them.I'm not privelaged.I break my back to barely survive.I said it for a long time that you need a normal person in the white house to stir things up.I think everyone would love to vote for the underdog who's on their side.Everyone knows that everytime they vote for some knucklehead polotican,said polotician doesn't do what they said they would do.We all know it's just a talking game to get them in power so they can manipulate the system for their gain.

Somethings gotta give sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I say we start with the media in a sense.. Bring a bit of something to the table.

We should each take a television set. Transport them to the news stations, and place them outside. Each one of us stand at our designated TVs, and SMASH the screen out. To me that may send a strong message to the media. But this has to be at a large enough scale to bring the message out clearly.

We disrupt television broadcasts anonymosly to send our positive messages out to people. It can be done.

Once we make the media feel it cannot control whats going on, truths with reveal themselves. Keep in mind this all comes with a price. If your not willing to put everything on the table, we will not accomplish anything.

I feel this is a good first step. What do you think?

<<   2 >>

join