It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was I OBE or lucid dreaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hey guys, I've just fully woken up and wanted to share with you my experience from last night.

I must add that it's the longest I've slept for quite some time. Maybe that had something to do with what I'm going to tell you. But anyway...

I've been a member here for many years and have read numerous accounts over that time span of OBE'S and lucid dreams. I've always wondered what they were like and thought it would be cool to have at least one in my lifetime, if just for the experience. I've read about how you seem to drag this 'other part of you' out of your body and then float around in an area of your choosing. Flying if you like. So last night I settled down like any other night for my sleep.

Then came the experience.

I remember flicking my head towards the left and rapidly flicking it back to the right (In my dream - but I might have actually been doing it physically, who knows.) I think I did this around 3 times and I came out of my body. I floated right out towards the right hand side of my body, leaving from my head.

I found it really weird, everything was dark all around me, yet I could see and know where I was. I was outside in the street. Flying around was very tricky for me and I had a hard job with it I have to say. I felt like a crane fly lol. I would fling my body towards an area I wanted to go, like a window or something and I 'would over hit it,' I'd go too far and miss where I wanted to go.

Anyway I managed to get to grips with floating around and passed through houses/walls in my street. I went inside this house two doors away from me. On entering I opened a sliding door or sorts and passed through the hallway into the kitchen. The layout looked exactly like those houses do. I went into the kitchen and tried to touch something, but somebody came downstairs. It was the male owner of the house. He stood at the bottom of the stairs looking into the kitchen, but couldn't see anything, although he was squinting in my direction. I 'flinged' myself forward with some energy, and he looked kinda shocked, like he had seen something paranormal! I had passed him, yet he was still trying to make something out in the kitchen. Maybe when I flew, I left some sort of energy there? Like a light? It's all very weird to me!

I left that house for a little bit, but returned to one of their upstairs rooms where his daughter slept. (I know what you're thinking!) It all looked so real! I rustled the bed covers and she turned over only to panic and make noise. This really startled me as you can well imagine!

The next thing I know was that I hit my bed like a ton of bricks. I fell back into my body and my bed. You must have had those dreams where you fall and land on concrete hard. You feel the impact in your bed and wake up sometimes? That's exactly what happened here, I fell back into my body/bed with such force that I woke up from the impact, and I actually moved.

Now I don't know what happened to me. It sounds like an OBE or lucid dream, but the fact I wasn't trying for one is the confusing part and maybe experienced people in this field can explain it for me. Do you have to be concentrated on having an OBE? Can it just happen when you least expect it? I sometimes speak to my guardian, not in person, but I do comment now and again out loud (obviously not around people,) that I'd like to experience more.

Was this a lucid dream, OBE or what? The falling back into your body with force reminds me of an OBE from what I've read and heard, but I'm not entirely sure what happened to me last night.

Any feedback?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nobody has had similar experiences? I find that hard to imagine being at this forum for years!

Any people who meditate care to comment? Any people with similar experiences. I feel really calm right now, and I've asked for other 'trips' because that was awesome.

Put it this way, if that is what you feel like on the other side - floating around and at ease, then death is nothing to be fearfull about (not that I was before.)

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i had a similar exsperiance once but did not ask for it, nor did i enjoy it. but i must say i exsperianced the same thing.

dark but could see everything. almost like moonlight, but not.

floated free from my body. had trouble moving where i wanted to go. i floated up to the ceilieng but could not figure how to turn around. so i just stared at the cieling but i was only 3 inches away.

i encountered another "entity" though

and i never got out of my house and saw other people.

who knows, but the similarities are intresting

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yes exactly like moonlight! I could see things yet it was dark and lit. Weird I know.

I've researched since the event and it seems OBE's or lucid dreams happen for 1 out of 10 people in their lives and it seems I might have had one.

It was weird for me, as soon as I was out of my body I was able to fly around. You sound like the event for you was very confusing and you didn't like it. I can understand it being weird with another entity, but I'm very open minded, so things like what happened to me didn't scare me one bit.

Are you a believer in the paranormal or not TheRepublic?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Are you a believer in the paranormal or not TheRepublic?
reply to post by Arawn

paranormal? i have no idea what is normal...everything strikes me as paranormal these days. hahah.

that happend to me about 2 or 3 years ago. it was never just a pure out of body exsperiance though, it was coupled with sleep paraylisis. it happend to me several times. if it was purely Out of body i may have enjoyed it. i have an open mind and am very curious. the dark entity that was present ruined it for me.

back then i was very religious. and so i took it to be a demon. i could feel it projecting hate at me and then feeding off the fear it generated. it was a feedback loop of me getting more scared and the entity getting more hatefull. but i remeber feeling it feeding off my energy. truly odd.

anyways i now no longer believe in standard religion but i still believe that there are other beings on other dimensions because i exsperianced it. and i feel that they feed off of peoples emotions, but i dont know how or why. but if you ever encounter one of those entities in your out of body exsperiances, do not be afraid. it cant do anything to you, but it will try and take your eneergy. just tell it to buzz off.

one thing i remeber is when reattaching to my body it felt like cellophane attracting because of static. my body started to attach at my thumb and spread from there down my arm all over my body. did this happen to you, or did you just find yourself back in your body all at once?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
well Arawn you ALMOST had me, up until the point that you claimed you could rustle the bed covers as in the OOBE state you can not have any effect on anything in the physical world at all.
Also.....most OOBE reports all talk about how a person wanted to go one way but they could not, and went a different direction. The experience will take you where it wants to go, and you do not really get to have a say in your direction........if you try and force yourself to go in a direction this will just take you back into your body ASAP.....
you either go with the flow, or you don't go at all

The harder a person 'trys'to OOBE the less likely it will occur. You can and should practice the steps to get to this state.............but you can't have an OOBE just because you want to.

They come sporadicly as if a precious gift....

So I think your making this up for ATS attention.
sorry.
If you had claimed things about how you wanted to go this way or that way but just couldn't THEN I would have believed you...but that rustleing the bedcovers thing is way to over the top. NOONE in the OOBE state can effect anything in the non OOBE state.
Period.

TheRepublic's report sounds like the real thing......being kinda scared and not sure at all what was going on.....the being they ran into very well could have been a Guide. REAL OOBE's are coupled with sleep paralysis BTW.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
one thing i remeber is when reattaching to my body it felt like cellophane attracting because of static. my body started to attach at my thumb and spread from there down my arm all over my body. did this happen to you, or did you just find yourself back in your body all at once?

Nope, as mentioned something startled me and I snapped back into my body so fast and quick. It's weird...I remember coming down from wherever I was and connecting with my body. Like I remember coming down from a height, hitting my body again then I woke up and actually moved. I jerked because of the instant reconnection. It felt like falling onto concrete, you know those type of dreams. You fall and hit the surface then wake up because of the impact. That's what happened for me.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
well Arawn you ALMOST had me, up until the point that you claimed you could rustle the bed covers as in the OOBE state you can not have any effect on anything in the physical world at all.

I'm not here 'to have anybody.' I actually had the event that I wrote above. I wrote that when I woke up! I don;t know what happened to me, but it was gorgeous. Never had anything like it in my life.

you either go with the flow, or you don't go at all

The harder a person 'trys'to OOBE the less likely it will occur. You can and should practice the steps to get to this state.............but you can't have an OOBE just because you want to.

I never wanted it. If you read, it happened so fast and I never expected it. I happened mid dream as you will, I flicked my head and ended up outside flying around...well trying to fly around. I've asked my spirit guide numerous times to help me experience more, because I've seen, heard ghosts and had numerous experiences with the paranormal. I want to experience more! I've asked for it tonight again because it was beautifull.

So I think your making this up for ATS attention.
sorry.

You can think what you want. The last thing I wanted was for people top think I was making it up. I mean making it up! Come on! I woke up and wrote what I experienced...about 10 minutes after I woke up. I really don;t know what happened. I've never said it was an OBE...I really don't know what happened. I might have dreamed it all, but I want people to help me here. I've never in my 24 years had that happen to me, and it was incredible. I don;t know what happened. But it could have been dream yes.

The thing is, I remember it right now. I remember what happened as if I actually did it today. Like a real life event! It's weird and I wanted answers.

I've been here for 2 years roughly and I've seen people been laughed at and ridiculed when they could have been genuine. Trust me here, I had a weird experience last night and just thought it was paranormal. It could have been very normal, but I've never had it before.

Thanks for reading my experience, but if you think I'm making it all up, then you are very very wrong.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Arawn]

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Arawn]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
hi arawn
i can check your chart if you post you date of birth,time and place.
fortune

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
maybe you had an OBE and a lucid dream at the same time? i think your account sounds like an OBE except for the rustling the covers bit cause I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to effect anything in the physical, perhaps then you lost some awareness and faded back into a lucid dream? This happens to me alot.

new topics

top topics

join